[Leaderboard] Zaziuma VS Judas (Finished)

Zazubat

1.March 9th
2.Writtens are allowed, though I personally don't like it.
3.Winner gets 100 points + 1 like, and of course 1 point in the Leaderboard.

4.All votes must have a reason behind them.

5.Send a PM or post in here your card, and I'll put who ever is first up for voting.
6.Make an Xyz Monster which includes these lines: "During each of your X Phase (or step) detach 1 (or more ) Xyz Material (you can also have a "or take 2000 damage" or something like that). Think of how Acid Golem and Tiras works, we're trying to make something like that. If you are not following these rules, I might not accept your card.

Judas' card:

malis_zps07594d39.png

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn, if you control no monsters: you can banish 2 Level 3 monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. This face-up card’s effects can only be applied/resolved while it has Xyz Material. While in face-up Attack Position, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. After damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent's monster: return that monster to the hand. During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, or return this card to the Extra Deck.

Zaziuma's card:

BraveFighterofRites-1.png

2 Level 4 monsters
When this card attacks an opponent’s monster and destroy it by battle: You can banish that card, then this card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each monster banished by this effect. Once per turn during either players: You can target 1 monster you control, except this card: Tribute it; this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase. During each of your End Phases: Tribute 1 monster you control, or detach 1 Xyz Material from this card.

Okay, I'll try to make mine ASAP.

Done.

The idea was to create a generic Tourguidable, yet still mult-purpose useful card.

MALISPHERE

★★★

malis_zps07594d39.png

[Fiend/Xyz/Effect]

2 Level 3 monsters
Once per turn, if you control no monsters: you can banish 2 Level 3 monsters from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. This face-up card’s effects can only be applied/resolved while it has Xyz Material. While in face-up Attack Position, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. After damage calculation, when this card battles an opponent's monster: return that monster to the hand. During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, or return this card to the Extra Deck.

ATK/2000  DEF/2000

Copy my lore to the first post just in case

oh, you did put it, normally people don't so I just forget about it hehe, I'll put it in there.

EDIT: Alright, my card is up, I wrote both Destroy and Tribute as a mistake at first, which let me to think if those were different, and it seems that they are, so I went to see if any cards triggered when a monster was tributed, and Sword of Dark Rites does, so therefor Rites is in the name. It can also combo with SoDR (if you for some reason would want to use that). Either way, the card is up, so people get to voting!

Like the theme we got going on with our cards, yours is about returning while mine is about Tributing. Fun :D

Question on malisphere's return to hand effect:

if the monster that malisphere battles is/would be destroyed by that battle under normal circunstances does it work like hyper hammer head or blackwing however you spell it the megaquake?

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hyper_Hammerhead

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Blackwing_-_Abrolhos_the_Megaquake

Vote coming once I know this

if the monster that malisphere battles is/would be destroyed by that battle under normal circunstances does it work like hyper hammer head or blackwing however you spell it the megaquake?

According to the Breakdown of the Battle Phase, the last thing to happen is monsters being sent. Effects also Trigger here if they say so, though I'm not quite sure what happens when both destroying and returning to the hand would collide.

edit3: I had Wall of Ilusion in mind: even if the monster is destroyed by battle, it should return to the hand, but according to the ruling on Wall of Illusion if it is destroyed by an effect before damage calculation, even during the Damage step, it doesn't.

However, I did not mean it to function that way, I always thought WoI worked like Hammerhead and Abrolhos. So it should work like them, take this as the ruling on it.

"If the monster malisphere is battling leaves the field, it is not returned to the hand at the end of the Damage step."

I think Zaziuma's card is a bit OP. With a good deck you can boost him up to 3000+ ATK. I think his Rank should be at least Rank 5. Judas' card has a good ATK/DEF and effect composition for a Rank 3 XYZ Monster. The fact that it needs XYZ Material to apply and resolve the effects makes it well balanced. A good deck can make this card a realy frustrating one.

So my vote goes for Judas' card!

I think Zaziuma's card is a bit OP. With a good deck you can boost him up to 3000+ ATK. I think his Rank should be at least Rank 5. Juda's card has a good ATK/DEF and effect composition for a Rank 3 XYZ Monster. The fact that it needs XYZ Material to apply and resolve the effects makes it well balanced. A good deck can make this card a realy frustrating one.

So my vote goes for Judas' card!

While I respect your opinion and vote, I will say that you still need attack targets and you still need monsters to tribute. Though I can see where you are coming from, and should probably have added a detach for it's no destroying effect, while there are still cards that can get rid of it. It can also just be turned face-down, and then attack it.

1/3 for Judas

0/3 for me.

Thanks for voting.

edit3: I had Wall of Ilusion in mind: even if the monster is destroyed by battle, it should return to the hand, but according to the ruling on Wall of Illusion if it is destroyed by an effect before damage calculation, even during the Damage step, it doesn't.

However, I did not mean it to function that way, I always thought WoI worked like Hammerhead and Abrolhos. So it should work like them, take this as the ruling on it.

"If the monster malisphere is battling leaves the field, it is not returned to the hand at the end of the Damage step."

malisphere gets my vote then. It seems more varied and useful then the alternative. Also, I like the art better

Looking at the usefulness and playability, Judas' card wins hands down. Zazi, I don't think people would use your card as it makes you give up precious field presence just to keep it safe. Judas' card on the other hand is an interesting way to handle an Xyz monster. Creative and effective, so Judas gets my vote.

Huh 0/3, excepted at least 1 vote, but I guess Judas takes the cake. Gotta hand it to you, I like your card myself, though I find mine just as useful as yours, though you can just SS a 2000 from the Grave when it's destroyed, so it also has some balancing problems in my book, but not that much as you can only really use it to attack and it returns right away.

But anyways you win, so contest over.

Archived