[Leaderboard] Finished! I WON! GG John.

Ren✧

A new challenger appears...

Anyway, new to the Leaderboard and eager to get started. :D

[spoiler=Rules]

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be report on site.
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen.
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 5/11/13
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun :D
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card Requirements]
Create an Effect Monster that supports an existing archetype.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]
PelleasVanguardofNobleKnights.png
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned(from hand) by destroying 2 or more Equip Spell Cards you control. When this card is Special Summoned this way: Inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each Equip Spell sent to the Graveyard this way. If this card is destroyed while equipped with a "Noble Arms" Spell Card: Special Summon 1 "Noble Knight" from your Graveyard. You can only control 1 face-up "Pelleas, Vanguard of Noble Knights."
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]
kilden.jpg

2 or more (max. 5) level 4 LIGHT monsters
This card gains ATK equal to the number of "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard x100 (max. 3100). You can only control 1 face-up "Kilden, Lightsworn Slasher" on your side of the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and activate 1 of the following effects due to the number of "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard: 3 or more: Face-up "Lightsworn" monster you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's Trap Cards until the End Phase. During the End Phase of this turn; send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. 5 or more: This card ATK becomes it's original ATK until the End Phase and it can attack twice this turn. During the End Phase; send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. 8 or more: Destroy 1 card on the field. You cannot use this effect again and it cannot attack your opponent directly this turn. During the End Phase; send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.
[/spoiler]

Card B scares me too much. It relies too much on a luck-sack Archetype to be useful, and that either creates a bad card or an card that does to much. Also, it's effect fuels later effects and can easily get the cards needed for Judgment Dragon. I don't know much about "Noble Knights" though Card A looks more useful and more well-designed than Card B. So, Card A gets my vote.

Card B scares me too much. It relies too much on a luck-sack Archetype to be useful, and that either creates a bad card or an card that does to much. Also, it's effect fuels later effects and can easily get the cards needed for Judgment Dragon. I don't know much about "Noble Knights" though Card A looks more useful and more well-designed than Card B. So, Card A gets my vote.

Thank you for voting Striker.

Card A: 1

Card B: 0

I don't really play either, but I feel that card B is more balanced, as you can just keep getting card A back again and again. Card B has a lot going for it, and since it doesn't require the Xyz Materials to be Lightsworn, it's easier to Summon, but it also has a limit to it's ATK. I still think card A could be abused more though. I'll go with card B for this one.

I don't really play either, but I feel that card B is more balanced, as you can just keep getting card A back again and again. Card B has a lot going for it, and since it doesn't require the Xyz Materials to be Lightsworn, it's easier to Summon, but it also has a limit to it's ATK. I still think card A could be abused more though. I'll go with card B for this one.

Thank you for voting, Zazu.

Card A: 1

Card B: 1

I'll go with Card A

Card B seems to be a real potent beater since having 5 lightsworns in the graveyard is quite an easy task for that archetype. Sad because that is the only part of that card that scares me. 

Card A seems quite gimmicky in a fun way and forces people to use the sub par equip spells which is always fun for an already casual archetype.

I'll go with Card A

Card B seems to be a real potent beater since having 5 lightsworns in the graveyard is quite an easy task for that archetype. Sad because that is the only part of that card that scares me. 

Card A seems quite gimmicky in a fun way and forces people to use the sub par equip spells which is always fun for an already casual archetype.

You seem to get confused on the effect where it includes it having 5 or more lightsworns in the Grave.

Say, due to his effect he's at 3100 ATK and he wants to use the 5 or more effect. This means his ATK goes back to 1900 but it can attack twice.

You're probably thinking that its original ATK becomes 3100 and it can attack twice and I can see the confusion but that is not what I desired it to be. 

You seem to get confused on the effect where it includes it having 5 or more lightsworns in the Grave.

Say, due to his effect he's at 3100 ATK and he wants to use the 5 or more effect. This means his ATK goes back to 1900 but it can attack twice.

You're probably thinking that its original ATK becomes 3100 and it can attack twice and I can see the confusion but that is not what I desired it to be. 

You are correct I did misread though that wouldn't change my vote. 

Its a protector that can become a beater and I do think that Lightsworns could easily power up this monster. Though I will admit it is an excellent support card. 

You are correct I did misread though that wouldn't change my vote. 

Its a protector that can become a beater and I do think that Lightsworns could easily power up this monster. Though I will admit it is an excellent support card. 

Well yeah because nobody really runs Lightsworn anymore and it would be nice to have a good beater with a good effect without JD on the field...

But it's fine, I understand. Renegade did make a very nice card.

Thank you BalaisGale for voting.

Card A: 2

Card B: 1

Well yeah because nobody really runs Lightsworn anymore and it would be nice to have a good beater with a good effect without JD on the field...

But it's fine, I understand. Renegade did make a very nice card.

The same could be said about yours :D

Archived