[Leaderboard] Thar vs. Soulfire - (Thar wins)

Thar

Rules:

1. First to 3 votes or most votes by given deadline wins.
2. All votes must have a valid (2 lines minimum) reason.
3. PM me your card, or you will be disregarded as an opponent.
4. This 1v1 is reserved for Soulfire unless declined.

Card requirements:

Make a Synchro that targets cards in your opponent's Deck.

Deadline:

Thursday, May 16 @ 11:59 PM EST

[hr]

[spoiler=Card A]
KvBw8ln.jpg

1 Plant-type and/or Machine-type tuner(s) + 1 or more non-tuner Monster(s)
If a material for this card was a Plant-type tuner, when this card deals damage to your opponent: Your opponent discards 3 cards from their Deck. If both a Plant- and a Machine-type tuner material was used, when this card attacks an opponent's Defense position Monster: Inflict piercing damage to your opponent.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Card B]
CatProtectionDroid.png

2 Beast-Type Tuner(s) + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters
During your Draw Phase, if other monsters you control are only Beast-Type monsters, instead of conducting your normal draw: You can have your opponent reveal the top 4 cards of their Deck. Choose one to destroy and place the other three on top of the Deck in any order.[/spoiler]

My vote goes to Card B.

Card A:

You have created quite the powerful monster here. One of the main problems I have with this card is the phrasing. "Discard 3 cards from your opponent's Deck." Can you discard cards from your opponent's deck? Is that a thing? That, along with the quantity of cards sent to the Graveyard really bothers me. Of course, with that phrasing, Dark Worlds would love facing that guy...

My second problem with this card is the plant or machine type...I say stick with one or the other. Plants aren't used much anymore(sadly), so your Synchro is kinda worthless. Level 8s are usually the easiest to get out, so you have pitted your card against things like Stardust Dragon and Scrap Dragon, and your monster really doesn't compare to those. I would much rather have a Stardust or Scrap Dragon.

Card B:

I like the idea, but it is too hard to summon. 2 beast-type tuners and only a Level 6. To me, the only plausible tuner would be Key Mouse, letting you use a Level 4 non-Tuner monster. Nonetheless, I believe your card is slightly more usable than Card A. Also, not sure if giving up your draw phase to destroy 1 card in your opponent's deck is worth it. I would definitely think about reworking that card. 

[hr]

From both the cards I see a lot of creativity and skill that could be fostered to grow into something, but right now the card design isn't too great. Both cards had their faults, the main issue being playability. 

Card B doesn't seem to follow the rules... but anyway that doesn't matter as card A is better, but both are kinda eh. 3 mills is alright, but how you need to do it is troublesome, but also in a way a bit balanced I suppose, though as it is, it's kind of hard to do. But card A it is.

Zazu, Card B does follow the rules - its effect lets you destroy a card of your choice among four from your opponent's deck.

Nevertheless, as Ambrosia pointed out, Card B's summoning conditions just go overboard, and it's far too much trouble and effort to get out for a weak Synchro with a slow effect. While I still wouldn't use Card A, at least it can be summoned without too much effort.

So with that, I'm voting for Card A.

Archived