[Leaderboard] Codex VS Zazubat (Start Voting Folks!)

.codex

Rules:

1. Normal Leaderboard rules.

2.Votes must have a valid reason.

3.Writtens are allowed

4.Make a new Rescue monster (Rescue Cat/Rescue Rabbit like cards)

5. Winner gets 1 point in the Leaderboard Rankings and 1 like from the opponent.

6. Uses card A/B system. Send through PM.

7.End date 17/06/13

Card A:

Rescue Dog

EARTH

Beast-Type

Level 4

Effect Monster

This card is also treated as a Normal Monster while in the Deck. You can treat this card as a Tuner for a Synchro Summon, but the other monster(s) must be Beast-Type, Beast-Warrior-Type or EARTH. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by the effect of an EARTH monster. When this card is Special Summoned from the Deck: You can target 1 of your banished Beast-Type, Beast-Warrior-Type, or EARTH monsters; shuffle that target into your Deck. This effect of "Rescue Dog" can only be activated once per turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster: Special Summon this card, but it cannot attack this turn. You can only Special Summon this card this way twice per turn.

300/100

Card B:

fdbtzp.png

Cannot be Special Summoned from the Graveyard. You can Tribute this card to target 2 of your banished Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name; Special Summon those targets, but they cannot attack and are banished during the End Phase (even in the Graveyard).

Card A:

I feel as though this is the common route to abusing Rescue Rabbit. I once did a similar card, making it Normal in the Deck, then when on the field, can be treated as a Tuner for an instant Synchro. Makes Rabbit more then just a go to Xyz play maker, but also a Level 8 Synchro creator, which could make Assault Mode Activate/Majestic decks easier as well as provide a generally well recieved generic in every Deck. Could also aid Scrap in the Summoning of Scrap Dragon. The return effect is nice, but not really needed. Just like Tour Bus was made for Tour Guide with a single beneficial and obvious use with the "mother card", so to say, I feel it should be too. The prior meaning, one effect, being Summoned as a Normal from Deck, being treated as Tuner on field, is enough of a relation and good enough of an effect to be ran with Rabbit, and the second, "Tour Bus" like effect, being extra for no apparent reason, removing the short and sweet, obvious combination with "I'm trying far to hard to fit in with everything about this card." I get that feel. I feel like, without the second effect, I could've appreciated the card more. I also feel like it's not following "Rescue" cards, and fits more of a "Rescued", which also takes away from the card design.

Card B:

Has the new Konami-approach of anti-abuse, making sure it can't be Summoned from somewhere, thus preventing reuse abuse. I like that aspect. It has the short, sweet, and to the point effect that I love about the "Rescue" series, Summoning and getting rid of at the end of the turn. I also appreciate the fact it's a Panda (not only because Pandas are awesome), as the most common go to is Dog or Hamster (atleast to my experience). I immediately saw it wasn't from the Deck, and it kind of broke the Rescue there, but it makes more sense to me to Rescue from another dimension. How this Panda does so is beyond me, but he must be amazing (this sentence has nothing to do with my vote, just a sentence). I dislike, however, that the Summoned monsters cannot attack, yet another difference between this and all the made "Rescue" cards thus far, and hurting this card's playability. Another thing wrong with this card is that the banished have to have the same name (ofcourse, this is ripped from Rabbit). Rabbit required the same name due to the fact Summoning any from the deck in any combination would be rather powerful, and it helped limit the use of the card. I feel that this card, requiring more set up than just running Normal Monsters, but also having to get them banished, justifies it being able to target any Level 4 or lower of your banished Normal Monsters, and feel that not only would it improve the card, but make it more friendly as a whole. Basicly, the only way you're running this card confidently is if you run Rabbit or a combination of Photon Veil and Dimensional Fissure/Macro Cosmos, which still doesn't make Veil worthy of a card to run.

Overall, Card A is much more versatile and playable, but this is the next Rescue Card, and I feel as though Card A didn't make the cut as a Rescue card, but more as a card that would be ran in a Deck using Rabbit. So, despite the vast difference in how playable the cards are, I believe Card B was created far more better design wise, and thus, my vote is for:

Card B, Rescue Panda.

I choose Rescue Dog (card A)

Rescue dog is more playable because it can be combo'd with rescue rabbit to bring out 2 rescue dogs for a quick xyz or synchro. Also it recycles rescue monsters back into deck to be brought out again.

Rescue panda imo is kind of underpowered because the normal monsters have to banished plus it restricts them for the lone turn their on the field

Do you people even hear yourself when you're talking / typing / whatever? Card B might be slightly underpowered, but it's not broken, unlike Card A. Card A is essentially a TRIPLE SYNCHRO SUMMON per turn if used with Rescue Rabbit. If you're choosing to vote for a blatantly broken card over a card that is slightly underpowered, then you have no business in voting in Leaderboard matches.

My vote goes for Card B, because it's not blatantly overpowered, and actually follows the theme of the "Rescue" monsters

I agree with Zanda on the fact that Rescue Dog isn't flavored as "Rescue" monsters should be. I mean, it doesn't work like a "Rescue" monster should and that just irks me. Also, Rescue Rabbit will make Rescue Dog its play thing. Do we really need that especially since Rescue Dog has no restrictions with how it uses the monsters? While Rescue Panda can be use with Rescue Rabbit, it just recycles what Rescue Rabbit played with in Macro Rabbit which is plus in my book. So, my vote goes to Card B.

2-3 Card B wins

Archived