[Leaderboard] SoulFire vs Primeate John :P [SoulFire Wins]

[spoiler='Rules']

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be report on site.
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen.
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win.
5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. No Writtens
9. Remove any evidence of who you are from the card
10. Have fun[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Requirements']Create a Monster that causes players to reveal top cards of their deck.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

MemoryJuggler.png

When this card attacks a defense position monster your opponent controls, both players reveal the top card(s) of their deck until they each reveal a monster, then shuffle the cards back into their deck. If the monster you revealed has a higher level than the monster your opponent revealed, the defending monster is destroyed before without calculations and this card can attack again.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

uk5p.jpg

2 level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and reveal the top card of your opponent's Deck. If the card revealed by this effect was a Spell Card: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field. If the card revealed by this effect was a Monster Card: Destroy 1 Monster on the field. If the card revealed was a Trap Card: Destroy 1 card you control. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent's Life Points: Your opponent must reveal 1 card in their hand. While this card is face-up on the field: You must reveal 1 card set on the field, in your hand or the top card of your Deck.

[/spoiler]

This was a contest I wanted to enter but I didn't get to it fast enough! Anyway:

Card A:

I like the effect, probably only going to be reliable if you play a lot of high level monsters. It's effect does 2 things that individually would be ordinary for a level 1-4 monster, but together they would ordinarily be too powerful for a level 1-4. However the revealing monster effect re-balances it. I'm not sure it would be used much, but I do like the card and I'd say it is usable in certain decks.

Card B:

Again, I like the effect (well the concept of it anyway), but it feels a bit underwhelming. I'd have preferred it if the trap card reveal would destroy a trap on the field (instead of -1 yourself) and the spell card reveal would just destroy a spell on the field (if it is a set card, reveal it, if it is a trap set it back down, vica versa), since the card is supposed to be a revealer. The effect upon inflicts battle damage is ok, but with 1600 ATK its never safely able to use it, and having to reveal something yourself isn't ideal, the rulings on the last effect would need clarification. For example: If a card you reveal on the field is destroyed, would you need to reveal another card? 

Both cards have interesting effects, and drawbacks. But Card B has too many drawbacks for my liking, Its effect has potential, but I think there are better rank 4 choices to choose from. 

So I'll vote for Card A. 

I'll keep my decision short and concise.

Card A is much more interesting and is sub-par while Card B was good until the trap reveal, then I understood it was for balancing just in case, as you never want to enter a contest with too powerful of a card, but then effect after effect rolled in and I got my "This Xyz monster has far too many effects! Had this, this, or this been removed this card would've been much more appealing!" syndrome.

Vote is, as always, underlined and bolded. Card A

I find Card A to be kind of powerful. Yes it is based on luck, but if you just fill your Deck with high level monsters, your opponent can't do anything. It does require DP, but you can also work around that if you wish to, plus you get to see most of your opponent's Deck, but I guess he does as well. Card B is more balanced, and seems more useful, and it's splashable, even if the card is kind of situational and luck based, where they other is easier to build around.

Both cards aren't worth using, since they're luck-based, but at least Card A doesn't have much of a drawback, while Card B just goes too far with that. Also, while Card A's effect is simple and straightforward, Card B's design is too busy with so many effects, which doesn't make the card very attractive in terms if design.

So Card A gets my vote.

Archived