[Leaderboard] Vector Nightmare -VS- Aix the Wise Wolf

Vector Nightmare

Time for me to make one of these.

Rules:
1. Obey YCM and Leaderboard Rules.
2. PM the card to me. Remove any evidence that the card was made by you beforehand.
3. First to 3 votes or most by the deadline wins.
4. Votes must have valid reasoning. You don't have to write an essay, but explain your choice.
5. Good votes get a Like.
6. Winner gets 1 Like from loser.
7. Written Cards are allowed.

Deadline:
Card must be PM'd to me by 48 hours after I accepted the challenge.
Votes' Deadline is 72 hours after cards are up also people better vote this time

Requirement:
Make an Equip Spell card (aka no Unions / Trap equips / whatever) that doesn't suck. It doesn't have to be Dragon Rulers, but it has to have some use. It can be generic, or tailored around a specific archetype / type / attribute / whatever.

IMPORTANT:
You need to let me know when you accept the challenge whether you'll be doing a written or an image card - then I'll be doing the same, because I don't want image or lack thereof to come into play during judging.

OTHER IMPORTANT:
If you think it is not clear how your card works / is intended to work, feel free to write a sentence or two including only some usage examples. I will put these underneath the card for clarification purposes.

CARDS:

[spoiler="Card A"]SOh235Q.jpg

Can only be equipped to a monster you control. When a monster you control is attacked: you can equip this card from your hand to it. The equipped monster gains 600 ATK. If this face-up card or the equipped monster is targeted by a card effect (except during the Damage Step): you can target the equipped monster and return this card from your hand; the target is not affected by your opponent's card effects during the current Chain. You can only activate each effect of "Flash Sword Regalia - Sky Dancer" once per turn.[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Card B"]zhFLmgg.jpg

The equipped monster loses 1000 ATK. Neither player can Special Summon monsters. If the equipped monster would be destroyed by a card effect, you can destroy this card instead.

An interesting card with numerous applications. You can use it to weaken your opponent's monster so you can attack it or you can leave it on the field to restrict your opponent's Special Summoning or you can use it to protect your own monster from destruction by card effects.[/spoiler]

Card A:

It can take monsters by surprise during the Battle Phase as Lance would do, and the second effect is quite annoying. If this second effect worked only when the equipped monster was targeted instead of either the monster or this card then it would have been fine, but as it stands, the Equip Spell is difficult to get rid off as it is virtually immune to MST and the like, the most common form of S/T removal. I think the worst part is that not only it bounces itself back to the hand where it is safer and can be used again, but it does it as a cost, so the opponent cannot even chain MST, etc. to this card's effect and destroy it.

Card B:

I think this card is fine actually. It is more of a Vanity's Emptiness that is searchable by stuff like Hidden Armory but relies on a monster and it cannot stop an opponent's Special Summon during their turn as the Trap would do, making it less likely, if not impossible, to break even when it comes to card advantage. Because of the ATK drop on the equipped monster, it shouldn't be difficult to destroy it by battle which would kill both the monster and this, unless it is equipped on a monster with outstanding DEF or that cannot be destroyed by battle. When facing this card, at worst you will spend a card or effect that destroys the equipped monster to destroy this card instead and proceed with your Special Summons.

My vote goes for Card B because it is not as annoying to deal with as Card A, and while restricting Special Summons is a powerful effect, as an Equip card the card is vulnerable to both S/T removal and destruction by battle.

So you've created a choice between an unrestricted, albeit, less powerful Kalut, and Royal Oppression. Also, they're both searchable.

Good job. I'm proud of the both of you. If I had the ability, I would make you both lose a point.

Card A: It's a hand trap. I could go on about how things like Kalut, Honest, Gorz, and Tragoedia are bad for the game, but you could ask Black about that and I'm sure it'd help just as well. As an equip spell, compared to Kalut or Honest, it's counterable by Lance or Dress. Unfortunately, it's also not counterable by literally anything else that would normally hit a Equip card, such as MST. It's a very good card to say the least. Unfortunately, it's also technically bad for the game. The second effect is nice. It's cool. Most people won't really give a s*** about it until someone tries to flip Dimensional Prison on an equipped monster or even just MST the equip spell and you can then respond with "Nope. Also, my hand trap is back in my hand again, go f*** yourself!" Add in the fact that your restriction doesn't stop a player from using both effects every turn, and this card is... well, simply put: this card is just a whole bunch of no. Honestly, I'd scrap it before trying to edit it.

Card B: Royal Oppression 2.0. That's the first and most basic analysis of it. Honestly, I wouldn't have added in the last effect. Making this an equip spell is one of the biggest balancing factors this has over RO 1.0, adding in a protection effect makes monster destruction capable of killing the Oppression, but it also means the other player is forced to waste monster destruction to give you a beatstick back. The 1000 ATK drop is easily made irrelevant, especially if placed on something with high DEF after you've made all your SS's, or even if you put it on something with 3000 ATK. 2000 ATK is actually pretty hard to get over when you can't SS anything. Unlike Card A, though. I think you can edit this card to make it fairer. Getting rid of the second effect is possible. Making the drop affect DEF as well. Making the ATK drop higher or permanent, perhaps. There's a lot of things you can do, and honestly even without it, this card is actually tamer in my estimates than Card A.

In other words: Vote for Card B & shame on the both of you.

Card A is a Lance as hand trap, but its bounce effect is annoying as hell, Voltex has points here, it should be able to bounce itself only when monster is targeted, and not as a cost. While Card B containing 1 of the most "you-can't-play-Yu-gi-oh" effect in the game, and can't get around so easy like Vanity did. although being an Equip Spell make it vulnerable to MST (unlike the bad part of Card A) or even when the equipped monster leaves the field by anyway. but I like that this card will allow some weak card like [url=http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Armed_Protector_Dragon]Armed Protector Dragon[/url] to shine (and shine so brightly with Dragon Shield)

overall it do have better design then Card A, so I vote Card B

Archived