Departing Ones, the Monsters who never say Goodbye?! [17/?]

Tinkerer

So, I was just thinking about non-pendulums abusing pendulum summoning.  That's when I came up with this concept.  Enjoy, and as always CnC is much appreciated!

[spoiler='Cards']

[spoiler='Departing One - Ciao']rgg7tvI.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck.  While in the Extra Deck, this card's level is 4.  When this card destroys a monster by battle, you may tribute this card to draw a card.  If this card is in the Graveyard, you may pay 500 Life Points to add "Departing One - Ciao" from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler='Departing One - Baibai']qbXHKMr.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 level 4 or lower "Departing One" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler='Departing One - Adios']hv4nPDD.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. You may Tribute Summon this monster by sending 2 face-up monsters from your Extra Deck to the graveyard. When this card is Pendulum Summoned, you may destroy 1 Spell or Trap. If you destroy your own, draw 1 card.

[spoiler='Departing One - Adeu']JBh6Ubr.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. When this card is Pendulum Summoned, increase the attack of all "Departing One" monsters you control by 500. While this card is in your Graveyard, all Zombie-type monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

[spoiler='Departing One - Sayonara']yKD6uxO.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. When a Zombie-type monster you control is sent to the Graveyard, you may tribute this card to destroy 1 card on the field and deal 500 damage to the owner of the card. While this card is in the graveyard, you may send the top card from your deck to the graveyard during your standby phase.

[spoiler='Departing One - Auf Widersehen']azlzlgn.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. You may send up to 2 face-up monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand or Extra Deck). For every Zombie-type monster sent to your Graveyard in this way, this card gains 300 ATK and DEF. You may discard a card to return this card and one monster your opponent controls to the hand.

[spoiler='Departing One - CYL']CvCnHe2.jpg

Yes, I went text lingo, so what?[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. While in the Extra Deck, this card's level is 4. When this card is destroyed by battle, you may select 1 monster. Its attack becomes 0. While three copies of "Departing One - CYL" exist in your graveyard, you may return all copies of them to your deck to Pendulum Summon a second time this turn.

[spoiler='Departing One - Arrivederci']cZKT6L0.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. You may send this card from the Extra Deck to the Graveyard to Summon Zombie-type monsters with one less tribute this turn. Once per turn, while this card is in your graveyard, you may return it to the deck to target 1 "Departing One" monster you control. Send up to two monsters with the same name from your hand or deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler='Departing One - Annyeong']JJKl3Bp.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. If this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard, you may pay 800 LP to draw a card. Once, while this card is in the graveyard, you may pay 500 LP to send 1 "Departing One" monster from your Graveyard to your Extra Deck or from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard. If this effect is used, add this card to your hand.

[spoiler='Departing One - Namaste']9zenMoi.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. You may Tribute Summon this monster by sending 2 face-up monsters from your Extra Deck to the graveyard. Once per turn, you may send a face-up monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard to destroy one monster on the field. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard, gain 200 LP.

[spoiler='Castle of Souls']zUh596N.jpg[/spoiler]

Once per turn, you may search your deck for a "Departed One" monster and place it under this card. When this card is destroyed, send all cards under it to the Graveyard. Gain 400 LP for each. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, you may Pendulum Summon face-up "Departed One" monsters from your Extra Deck.

[spoiler='Gate of the Departed Ones']6SOtRPa.jpg[/spoiler]

Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, face-up "Departed One" monsters in your Extra Deck may be Pendulum Summoned. Once per turn, you may discard 1 card to send 1 "Departed One" monster face-up from your Deck to your Extra Deck.

[spoiler='Departing One - Hwyl']1X251Pm.jpg[/spoiler]

When this card is removed from the field, place it face-up in the Extra Deck. When this face-up card is removed from the field, add 1 "Departed One" monster from your deck to your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard, add 1 "Gate of the Departed Ones" or "Castle of Souls" from your Deck to your Hand. You may only activate 1 effect per turn and only once that turn.

Departing One - Goodbye

Light  ****

Zombie/Pendulum/Effect

Scale: 2/2          Dpart-EN013

Pendulum Effect:

While this card is in the Pendulum Zone and the card in the other Pendulum Zone is Zombie-type, you may increase this card's scale or the scale of the other Pendulum monster by the number of Zombie-type monsters with different attributes in your graveyard.  When this card is removed from the field, return the scales back to their original value.

Monster Effect:

If this card is sent to the Graveyard, you may add 1 Zombie-type Pendulum monster from your deck to your hand then send this card to the bottom of your deck.  You may only use "Departed One - Goodbye's" effect once per turn.

ATK: 1750  DEF: 250

[spoiler='Shade of the Departed Ones']1tmlodE.jpg[/spoiler]

Activate when your opponent draws a card. Select 1 card in your opponent's hand. Your opponent reveals that card. As long as this card remains in the Graveyard, the revealed card may not be played unless your opponent tributes 1 monster they control. You may send 1 face-up monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard to add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler='Amulet of Departed Ones']Eema4Nl.jpg[/spoiler]

When the monster equipped with this card deals damage, randomly discard 1 card from your opponent's hand and send the top card from their Deck to the Graveyard. While this card is in the Graveyard, you may send 1 face-up monster from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard to add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.

[spoiler='Departure Respawn']d5lV3fw.jpg[/spoiler]

During your next End Phase, add 2 level 4 or lower "Departing One" monsters from your Deck to your Hand.

[/spoiler]

I actually really liked this card ,hahaha (the names made me giggle xD)

But a little thing i noticed is that even though pretty much all of the monsters are sent to the Extra Deck face-up u dont seen to gain much benefit from that happening, but oh well, i guess u will end up adding more cards so  i hope u make a better use of that mechanic.

OCG needs some work.

All and all, i really liked your cards, keep adding :)

I love Zombies, and I love this idea. :)

One of my major complaints about Zombie is how everything else seems to do what they're all about (summoning stuff from the graveyard) about a million times better.

I think at this point all you're missing is some good on-theme Pendulum monsters. :)

Archived