Stormdust Dragoon

Flare909

KB1lV3H.jpg

Lore (modified): Once per per turn, durring your Battle Phase: When you declare an direct attack with this card (durring damage step only) you can reveal (from your hand) a number of Dragon-Type monsters that are equal or less to the number of Dragon-Type monster(s) on your field, then banish the selected cards (from your hand.) This card gains 800 ATK for each card sent by this effect. If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type monster, Special 1 Dragon-Type monster that is banished to your field in face-up Defense position (it cannot declare an attack.)

Lore: Once per Duel durring your Battle Phase: When you declare an direct attack with this card, you can reveal all Dragon-Type monsters (in your hand) and send them to your Graveyard. This card gains 300 ATK for each card discarded by this effect. When this card is destroyed by a Card Effect, return all discarded Dragon-Type monsters (from your Graveyard) to your hand.

So what exactly is the point of this? It's quite possibly the most over restricted card I've ever actually seen. Even without the mass restrictions, it would still be pretty bad if it was just pitch a Dragon to gain 300. You have to use 3 cards to even run over a 1900, they all have to be Dragon-type, and this takes your Normal Summon. That's insane. Adding restrictions to it only makes it go from the level of unplayable I'd expect from an early set to something clearly under designed. Having to Normal Summon this, having to ATTACK DIRECTLY, reveal my entire hand to confirm I have no more Dragons, discard them ALL to get 300 for each, and then have this die to a Dimensional Prison or Fiendish Chain next turn is just ridiculous.

I don't see any way to make this playable without severely overloading it or redesigning it. Cards for a monetary value like ATK, DEF or LP just isn't an efficient trade. A card can be discard 1 to gain 10k, but it's irrelevant if it can't actually ever get through to hit something. It's just too weak to be considered a good design. It's not even really flavourful so I can't give it points there either. I'm not sure what Sand really has to do with pitching your entire hand and falling over dead. Maybe getting a huge blast of sand in your face and proverbially screaming "funk this" was the idea, I can't tell. Anything it does, another card like Foolish Burial does better, and the fact there is a general lack of good Dragons right now is another point. As I mentioned in my first few sentences, if you want any hope of this thing ever actually being a level above one of the most useless space filler cards ever, you need to drop all the restrictions entirely. Even then it's just not very... Uhh good. The second effect is worded strangely, do I get back all Dragons I've discarded ever? Or just the ones from this? It would honestly be better to implement some sort of Counter system where you get back X Dragons for Y Counters when it leaves the field by any circumstance.

I'd honestly focus on designing cards that you could imagine actually playing. Not that I'm one to talk since all my designs are generally flavourful trash or overpowered bombs, but I digress.  

Just like what the other two mentioned up above, the fact that this card has to attack directly to get its effect off by revealing your hand for dragons is too much work for so little pay off. also, "When this card is destroyed by a Card Effect, return all discarded Dragon-Type monsters (from your Graveyard) to your hand." You wanna know why that effect doesn't really work? Because when the monsters are in the grveyard, you technically cannot prove that they're discarded by this effect. Imagine if someone just came in and watched your duel in the middle of it, and you used this effect. How would that person know that you aren't cheating? It says discard all dragon-types, but that isn't public knowledge. For all we know, they could've been destroyed or sent to the grave by another effect. This card is very, VERY useless for today's game and I do recommend that you change this card entirely.

OH, OH, OH, OH....I completely forgot something. Technically, the last effect will never go off because you don't DISCARD....the dragon-types to the grave, you simply SEND...them to the grave. There's a difference between the two

• 2 weeks later...

Lore (modified): Once per per turn, durring your Battle Phase: When you declare an direct attack with this card (durring damage step only) you can reveal (from your hand) a number of Dragon-Type monsters that are equal or less to the number of Dragon-Type monster(s) on your field, then banish the selected cards (from your hand.) This card gains 800 ATK for each card sent by this effect. If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type monster, Special 1 Dragon-Type monster that is banished to your field in face-up Defense position (it cannot declare an attack.)

Once per turn, when this card declares a direct attack: You can reveal any number of Dragon-Type monsters in your hand (min. 1), up to the number of Dragon-Type monsters you control; banish as many of those revealed cards as possible, and if you do, this card gains 800 ATK for each card banished by this effect, during that Damage Step only. If this card is used for the Synchro Summon of a Dragon-Type monster: Special Summon 1 banished Dragon-Type monster to your side of the field in face-up Defense Position, but it cannot attack.

The feeling I get from this card was that the second effect was always more concerned with retrieving the Dragons you used to activate this card's first effect. Maybe drop the idea of a second effect all together and make it so the used Dragons automatically come back later.

The following will be an example of a suggestion. I'm really only able to convey card effects if I put them in PSCT, so I'm sorry for that. And I'm not saying that this is what your card should be, this is just to give you ideas.

When this card declares an attack: You can reveal any number of Dragon-Type monsters in your hand (min. 1); banish as many of those revealed cards as possible until the End Phase, and if you do, this card gains 800 ATK for each card banished by this effect, during that Damage Step only. If this card attacks your opponent directly, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step.

I like the idea of your card and its potential. I just feel like it is still too overrestricted to even be considered playable.

Archived