Burgesstoma support

Toffee.

ypheWYC.jpg

2 Level 2 Aqua-Type monsters.

Unaffected by other monsters' effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has a Trap Card as an Xyz Material: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 Set Spell/Trap card on the field; Reveal it. Then, if it's a "Burgesstoma" card, activate it. If not, destroy it. If this card is destroyed, either by battle or card effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Burgesstoma Anomalocaris" from your Extra Deck. Then, if possible, attach both This card and 1 Trap card from your Graveyard to it as Xyz Material.

N6FB4ln.jpg

Send 1 "Burgesstoma" card from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard. When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

yvL2mla.jpg

Add 1 "Burgesstoma" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Burgesstoma Marrella". When a Trap Card on the field is activated while this card is in your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card as a Normal Monster (Aqua/WATER/Level 2/ATK 1200/DEF 0). (This card is NOT treated as a Trap Card.) If Summoned this way, this card is unaffected by monster effects, also banish it when it leaves the field.

These are so pro, it's not even funny.

However, the main idea to these, as if you couldn't guess already, is to speed up the Archetype/archetype's overall performance.

Plus, realistically, the two Traps here are all that these are missing. The Xyz is just to make the 3-Material Xyz more playable really.

Marrella is the searcher to get whatever Burgesstoma you want.

That, and it gets a discard fodder for Pikaia for more drawing, which is nice. 

Amiskwia is a Foolish Burial for them, and gets them ready for whenever one of you triggers a Trap Card (revive + do whatever).

It's a bit more convenient than having to use another card to mill it in the Deck or discarding.

Wiwaxia is technically a Galaxy Cyclone of sorts for them; either you can pop the opponent's backrow or trigger one of your Traps off early.

Then, it can SS Anomalocaris once it dies, and becomes a mat (although you will lose the ability to pop stuff, since no Trap Monster as Xyz, but it can still search + add more stuff). Indeed, it is a bit tricky to get out at times (given testing and all that).

Also, another Rank 2 for them; since there really aren't too many good ones they can use right now (that aren't generic).

Given their nature, you can trigger Wiwaxia both times + do things with it.

(In non-Burgesstoma Decks, I suppose you can use Wiwaxia like Cyclone to an extent; S/T removal is still nice)

I likely didn't see that part (probably because I was partly falling asleep while CnCing stuff at the time), but that makes the card better.

At least you'll get a guaranteed pop on Anomalocaris.

As for Wiwaxia's Aqua requirement, I didn't forget about it either.

I know some people in TCG are teching Frogs along with Burgesstomas from what I skimmed through in the Decks section, so I suppose there's that.

(Not sure on any other Level 2 Aqua Decks.)

Archived