[AGM] Antihero set

TF2_The_Scout

It seems to me that whenever HERO is about to go out of style, Konami makes it their priority to update them for the meta. The next logical step to me is AntiHeros, yet another HERO sub-archetype based around banishing from the graveyard.

AntiHERO Coldplate
Level 4
Dark/Warrior
ATK: 1600 Def: 1700

If your opponent controls more monsters than you, you can special summon this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned: You can target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; Destroy it, and if it was a Pendulum card, banish it. When your opponent's monster inflicts battle damage to you: You can banish this card from your graveyard; Your opponent takes half of the the damage.

AntiHERO ColdSteel
Level 6
DARK

Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2300 def: 1400

When your opponent's monster declares an attack, you can discard 1 "AntiHERO" monster and special summon this card from your hand. When this card is special summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; Change it face-down. When your opponent activates an effect that would summon a monster or destroy an "AntiHERO" monster you control: You can banish this card from your graveyard; negate that effect and shuffle that card into the deck. You can only use each effect of "AntiHERO Coldsteel" once per turn.

AntiHERO ColdBurn
Level 4
DARK

Warrior/Effect
ATK: 1600 def: 1300

When this card is special summoned: You can inflict 200 damage to your opponent for each of your banished "AntiHERO" monsters. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "AntiHERO" monster from your Hand or Graveyard.  You can only use each effect of "AntiHERO ColdBurn" once per turn.

AntiHERO ColdWrath
Level 7
DARK

Warrior/Effect
ATK: 2400 def: 2300

If an "AntiHERO" monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can banish it; Special Summon this card from you hand or graveyard. If this card is special summoned this way, your opponent may not activate the effects of spell/trap cards for the rest this turn. When this card inflicts battle damage, you can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "AntiHERO" monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of AntiHERO ColdWrath" once per turn.

AntiHERO ColdStorm

DARK

Warrior/Effect

Level 8
ATK: 3000 def:2300

Cannot be normal summoned/set. Can only be special summoned from your hand or graveyard by shuffling 3 banished "AntiHERO" monsters into your deck. You can tribute 1 "AntiHERO" monster you control; Add 2 "AntiHERO" cards from your Deck to Hand. You can only use this effect of "AntiHERO ColdStorm" once per turn.

AntiHERO ColdSore

Level 4

DARK

Warrior/Effect

ATK: 1800 DEF: 1000

You can discard this card; Add 1 "AntiHERO" Spell card from your Deck to Hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; Send 1 "HERO" card from your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only activate 1 effect of "AntiHERO" ColdSore" per turn, and only once that turn.

AntiHERO Fortress
Field spell

All "AntiHERO" monsters gain 500 ATK. When an "AntiHERO" monster is banished, place 1 Vigilante Counter on this card. Decrease the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by 200 for each Vigilance Counter on this card. You can remove any number of Vigilance Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 banished "AntiHERO" with a level equal to the number of Vigilance Counters removed. You can remove 12 Vigilance Counters from this card; Special Summon 1 "AntiHERO" Fusion monster from your Extra Deck. You can only activate the effect of "AntiHERO Fortress" once per turn, and only once that turn.

AntiHERO Calling Card
Spell

Banish 1 "AntiHERO" from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "AntiHERO" monster from your Deck with the same level as the banished monster.

AntiHERO Valor
Spell

Return 1 banished "AntiHERO" monster to your graveyard and add 1 banished "AntiHERO" monster to hand.

AntiHEROism
Continuous spell

If you do not control an "AntiHERO" monster, destroy this card. During your end phase: apply 1 of these effects. You may only use the effect of "AntiHEROism" once per turn.
-Banish 1 "HERO" monster from your Deck.
-Send 1 "HERO" monster from your deck to the graveyard.

AntiHERO Tactics
Spell

Fusion summon 1 "AntiHERO" fusion monster, banishing 1 of the materials from your deck and banishing the other materials from hand or Graveyard. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can place it on top of your Deck, and if you do, return all banished "HERO" monsters to your Graveyard. You can only activate 1 effect of "AntiHERO Tactics" per turn, and only once that turn.

AntiHERO ColdPlasma
Level 10
Dark/warrior/fusion
ATK: 4000 def: 3000

3 "AntiHERO" monsters with different names
Can only be fusion summoned with the listed materials. Effects cannot be activated in response to this card's summon. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per chain: You can banish 1 "HERO" monster from your graveyard; negate the activation of a monster effect and return it to hand(this is a quick effect). You can only control 1 "AntiHERO ColdPlasma".

AntiHERO ColdMercy

Level 10

DARK

Warrior/Fusion/Effect

ATK: 3300 DEF: 2500

2 "AntiHERO" monsters

Can only be fusion summoned with the listed materials. Effects cannot be activated in response to this card's summon. Cannot be targeted by card effects. Each time a card is banished: Gain 500 LP, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn: You can discard 1 "HERO" card; Draw 1 card, then send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. You can only control 1 "AntiHERO ColdMercy."

I would've posted this earlier, had internet not been slow as hell.

----------------

Where exactly are you summoning Cold Steel from? I'm going to assume it is the hand, but you need to mention this.

I'm also a bit skeptical of its rather high ATK for a Level 6; 2800 ATK exists on Goyo, yes, but it's a Synchro.

Just make it a Level 7 or 8; 28/25 stats are more on the lines of that.

Otherwise, if you want to keep it a Level 6, drop its stats to 24/21 at the maximum; especially given its SSing conditions.

---

Coldplate has the capacity to swarm rapidly if your opponent has a clear field advantage; would probably recommend making that part a hard OPT.

However, locking off MST and other stuff is nice, in addition to burning your opponent a bit if they damage you.

---

With ColdWrath, I am also skeptical of allowing a free 3K beater to be SSed that easily (although Darkness Metal's one is relatively similar, barring SSing itself from the Graveyard however), especially since it does lock off your opponent's use of backrow.

Change this one to the hand, or remove the S/T lock.

I'd probably remove the S/T lock, because this guy can be classified as a boss in his own right (yeah, we have the Fusion at 4K, although this one certainly can do a lot of nasty things if not kept in check). SSing is fine.

---

Tactics is basically an instant Future Fusion, and I hopefully shouldn't remind you that it is currently banned.

Unlike FF, if your opponent does not have S/T negation, it will trigger (unlike with Future, where opponent can MST).

Change it to just Fusion Summon using monsters from the hand, and OPT.

---

Cold Plasma is a 4K beater that prevents anything from hindering its summon and is immune to Raigeki, Mirror Force and stuff.

Granted, Castel and non-destructive removal can take it out, but that's not a good design if it happens.

We also have this card gaining ATK power when it strikes, and does not stop.

Combine this with the Fusion Spell, it becomes a 4200 ATK monster with just its bare materials (again, Fusion Spell is essentially Future Fusion, and that card was banned for good reason).

Then we have a Divine Wrath esque effect, which fuels his stat gain (and the whole set in general) even more.

Lower his ATK to 3000, and/or make him require 3 monsters instead.

I'd highly advise you lowering his ATK (and quite frankly, the higher Level monsters need their stats nerfed a bit)

Cold Storm has conditions to stop him from being abusive to an extent, so I suppose he can keep his 3200/2300 (although I am skeptical about this too).

---

Keep in mind that because they are HERO monsters, they have access to Mask Change and by extension, Dark Law.
As long as Shadow Mist + Blazeman, etc. exist, HEROs are likely not going anywhere for a while.

I rather like this archetype, and it provides even more options for the crapton of HERO support cards out there. However, besides banishing (and the word Cold being in every member's name) there doesn't seem to be an underlying theme to them.

Is that intentional, or did you plan on adding more archetype members for smoother combos?

• 1 year later...

Archived