AGMGift Draconus "Des-Draco" Archetype

Tinkerer

I'm still working on it, but here's what I got so far:

[spoiler Monsters]Des-Draco Gild

FIRE ****

Scale: 2<>7

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

PE: If this card is in the Red Pendulum Zone, once per turn: you can place 1 Draconian Counter on 1 card you control. If this card is in the Blue Pendulum Zone, once per turn, you can change the battle position of all monsters your opponent controls.

ME: If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent, you can destroy a number of monsters on the field equal to the number of Draconian Counters on this card.

1700/1400

Des-Draco Ignis

FIRE ****

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

PE: If this card is in the Red Pendulum Zone, your monsters gain 100 ATK for each Draconian Counter on the field. If this card is in the Blue Pendulum Zone, once per turn, you can remove 3 Draconian Counters from anywhere on the field to add 1 Des-Draco card from your Deck to your Hand.

ME: You can return 1 Des-Draco card from your field to your Deck; place 3 Draconian Counters on any card on the field. You can only use this effect of "Des-Draco Ignis" once per turn.

1400/2100

Des-Draco Whelp

FIRE *

Dragon/Pendulum/Tuner

PE: If this card is in the Red Pendulum Zone and you control another card in your other Pendulum Zone, you can swap the cards in your Pendulum Zones; place 2 Draconian Counters on 1 card on the field. If this card is in your Blue Pendulum Zone and you control another card in your other Pendulum Zone, you can swap the cards in your Pendulum Zones; draw 1 card. You can only use 1 "Des-Draco Whelp" effect per turn and only once that turn.

Lore: Few knew that the tremors were a result of the birth of the first Death Dragon in millennia. Even fewer knew what was going to happen next...

0/0

Des-Draco Hoard

FIRE *****

Dragon/Effect

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your Hand. When this card is Summoned, place 1 Draconian Counter on every face-up card on the field. Once per turn, you can remove all counters from all cards on the field; place an equal number of Draconian Counters on this card equal to the number of Counters removed this way.

If this card has 8 Draconian Counters on it, its original ATK is doubled.

2000/1600

Des-Draco Mythos

FIRE ***

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

PE: If this card is in the Red Pendulum Zone and a monster is Summoned, place 1 Draconian Counter on it. If this card is in your Blue Pendulum Zone and a monster is Summoned, you can remove 1 counter from anywhere on the field; that monster loses 1000 ATK and DEF.

ME: When this card is Normal Summoned: you can add 1 "Des-Draco" card from your Deck to your Hand. Twice per turn, if a monster with a Draconian Counter would be destroyed, you can remove 1 Draconian Counter from that card instead.

600/2000

Des-Draco Deuterodyn

FIRE ******

Dragon/Effect

If this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 face-up "Des-Draco" monster from your Extra Deck. You can remove 1 "Draconian Counter" from anywhere on the field and target 1 monster; increase or decrease that target's level/rank by 1. You can only use this effect of "Des-Draco Deuterodyn" twice per turn.

2400/1600

[spoiler Spells]Des-Draco Lair

Continuous Spell

If a card with a Draconian Counter is removed from the field, you can place its counters on this card. If this card would be removed from the field, you can remove 2 Draconian Counters from this card instead. Once per turn, if both of your Pendulum Zones are filled, you can remove 1 Draconian Counter from anywhere on the field to swap the cards in your Pendulum Zones.

Des-Draco Generation

Quick-play Spell

If you control no monsters, add 1 "Des-Draco" monster from your Deck to your Hand. If both of your Pendulum Zones are filled, you can banish this card from your Graveyard to add both cards from your Pendulum Zones to your Hand.

Des-Draco Silver Armor

Equip Spell

You can only equip this card to a "Des-Draco" monster. When this card is activated, place 1 "Draconian Counter" on it for each level/rank of the equipped monster. The equipped monster gains 200 DEF for each counter on this card. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can draw 1 card for every 4 "Draconian Counters" that were on this card.

[spoiler Extra Deck]Des-Draconus Genesis

FIRE ********

Dragon/Fusion/Effect

3 Monsters with Draconian Counters

Must first be Special Summoned by banishing the above cards (You do not use "Polymerization"). This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn, you can remove 6 Draconian Counters from anywhere on the field; declare a card name. While this card is on the field, your opponent cannot activate cards whose name you declared by this effect.

2500/2700

Alright, first things first: I love that this set already has a Tuner. That sets this up for the beginnings of D/D/D-style mixed Extra Deck, which makes me all kinds of happy.

The alternating Scales are a nice touch (and great nod to the fact that I did it first).

Also, Des-Draco. Death Dragon. I like that, I respect that.

Gild

Hoo boy. Starting with the basics, making a simple Counter generator if it's in Red, and taking advantage of the lower stat if it's in Blue.

As a monster, it's a bomb that only gets bigger with time. Hehe.

Ignis

Red Zone power player, hello. And . . . is that Magical Abductor in Des-Draco form? Now that's a present!

3 essentially free Counters once per turn . . . nice. However, if I must gripe- where are these Des-Draco cards I'm sending coming from? The field? The Graveyard? The Banished Zone? The Extra Deck? Some combination thereof? I'm holding my applause until I know.

Also, that DEF stat is giving me a solid smile.

Whelp

AAH A LEVEL 1 DRAGON TUNER YES YES YES

Jumping from side to side to gain access to other effects is a nice touch. Draw power in one, Counter generation in the other, yeah!

Also, I know this is nitpicking, but even if it is a Normal Monster, put some monster Lore (flavor text- use italics, maybe?) where an effect would go. That's what I do on the rare occasions I churn out a Normal Monster.

. . . I just realized that, despite this thing's Pendulum status, the Des-Draco cannot Pendulum Summon it.

Hoard

Cyber Dragon effect, not bad.

Free Counters, even better.

IT CAN MAKE ITSELF A 4000 BEATER AT WILL WTF GIMME

Mythos.

For the Red effect, we have MOAR COUNTERS.

For the Blue, we can shut down anything that would've beaten over us.

And for our monster effect, we have the most lovely searching and protection effects.

On a Level 3 2000 body.

The sound you just heard was the Draconus collapsing in glee.

Lair

Magical Citadel of Endymion with self-protection and Whelp's effect? Yes please.

Generation

All of my yes, please.

I mean, free searching, plus bouncing back my Scales should I desire to change them? C'mon.

Genesis

Is that . . . Fortress Dragon?

That doesn't necessarily require I use any of my own monsters?

Plus a name-locking effect, something I tend to do often?

*maniacal laughter*

Oh, and I just realized this thing is Level 8. Is this my bridge to the Galaxy-Eyes engine?

*more maniacal laughter*

. . . All in all, I'm loving this archetype. We already have multiple Level 4 monsters, our Scales include Level 6 but that Level hasn't been used yet, there's a million possibilities for this archetype and I'm loving them all.

On a side note, given my love for Field and Equip Spells, I genuinely wonder how those might factor in.

Thank you, so much.

Heh, it seems like you can chalk "finishing things" as one of my weaknesses.

Tbh, Draco, you give me way too much credit. I never thought of the Galaxy-Eyes engine at all, and I didn't know you'd made cards with different scales before. That said, I'm really glad you like them so far.

I'll probably make a few more now since I'm on here...

Edit: Heh, added Whelp's lore, Ignis' clarifying statement, the level 6 Des-Draco as well as an equip card.

Reaction time again!

Ignis edit:

Hm.

Alright, we have ways of searching, works for me.

Whelp's Lore:

So my dragons caused a cataclysmic earthquake?

Me gusta.

Deuterodyn:

So, what you're saying is that it can revive whatever I Tributed to Normal Summon it (which I will probably do if I add it to my hand after I've Pendulum Summoned already), and I can do Level/Rank shenanigans?

On a 2400 ATK Level 6?

Teehee.

Silver Armor

COUNTERS!

Okay, so it can make the various Des-Draco monsters stone walls if I need them. Cool.

Draw power, draw, draw power!

Archived