[Leaderboard] Kinka-Byo vs Z-Rin III

Nathanael D. Striker

Rules:

All Leaderboard rules apply.
First to 3 votes or most by 12pm PST on 1/24 wins.
If there are no votes after the deadline, next vote wins.
All voters must elaborate on their votes.
The contestants and I have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why we don't accept it.
Contestants have 12 hours after the last vote is cast to refuse any vote within reason.
Written cards are allowed. (Must be in written format, cards with blank pictures are not acceptable)

Create a (semi-)generic boss monster that has both a graveyard effect and a banish effect.

Rewards:
The winner gets a rep from the loser.
All voters get a rep for voting.

Card A

LBNHj8U.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner FIRE monsters.

Unaffected by other monster effects. Cards that would be sent to your opponent's Graveyard after being destroyed by battle or by effects of FIRE monster are banished instead. Once per turn: You can target 1 FIRE monster you control; Destroy it, and if you do, destroy 1 card in either field or hand (card from your opponent's hand are chosen at random). If this card is in your Graveyard: You can target 2 or more monsters you control with combined Level 9 or more; Destroy them, and if you do, Special Summon this card. You can only Special Summon 1 "Fire Beast Kyuubi"  per turn. You can only use each effect of "Fire Beast Kyuubi" once per turn.

Card B

uRhfN1W.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned/ Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing monsters from your Graveyard whose total Levels equal exactly 8. You cannot activate Spell cards or their effects. During your Main Phase 2, if this card did not attack this turn: you can give control of this card to your opponent. If this card is sent to the Graveyard while under your opponent's control: you can target 1 monster they control; take control of it, but it cannot attack or activate its effects, also it cannot be used as Fusion, Synchro, or Xyz Material. While this card is in the Graveyard, except the turn it was sent there: you can banish this card from your Graveyard; add 1 card from your Graveyard to your hand, but it cannot be placed in the field until the Main Phase 2 of your next turn.

Well, Card A seems rather powerful. Unaffected by monster effects, partial Macro Cosmos, can make your opponent discard and has a built in revival that can trigger float effects.

Other cards that are unaffected by monster effects include First of the Dragons and the Burgesstomas. First of the Dragons even has battle protection, but it doesn't seem gamebreaking, so it seems ok. The partial Macro Cosmos is very partial, however it does synergise with the next effect, which is a non-targeting Scrap Dragon which can also hit cards in the hand, as the cards are banished as well as destroyed. The revival effect seems kinda derpy, but it could be good if you had monsters which got effects when destroyed. All the effects separately seems alright, but together they feel like too much.

Card B is a Semi-Nomi that requires you to banish monsters from the graveyard to summon.. ok.

The idea behind this card is that you give it to your opponent so that they get a one-sided Spell Canceller. Then in their MP2, your opponent can give this back to you should they want to. Effectively this means that if your opponent cares about spells, both players have to wait until their MP2 to use spells, but if your opponent doesn't care about spells, you just gave them a 2800 beatstick. Then it has an effect that discourages your opponent from removing it while they control it, but it doesn't seem very potent except maybe for stopping your opponent for using it as Synchro Material, as the monster you get is pure beatstick, even if it has <1000ATK. However, its last effect is by far its most powerful, being able to banish from the Grave to perhaps return Raigeki to hand. Note that this effect combos superbly with PSY-Framelord Omega's ability to return banished cards, and there is in fact a loop with 2 of these in and Burial from a Different Dimension, however, it thankfully is very slow due to "but it cannot be placed in the field until the Main Phase 2 of your next turn."

All in all, Card A is the generally more powerful card, as Card B seems rather limited in what it can actually do. The exception here is Card B's final effect, which is insanely powerful. Card A seems overpowered so I don't feel I can vote for that, and most of Card B's effects are underpowered, but mostly underpowered + one overpowered effect does not make a card balanced, so I don't feel I can vote for Card B either.

My vote goes to Card C. :\

Card A has some applications with Fire Kings or something along those lines, but yeah it is a one-sided Macro of sorts (for the opponent) coupled with immunity to Castel and other stuff. Like I mentioned, this card goes well with FKs since they'll trigger their own effects after being blown up (either if they get used to blow up the opponent's board/hand) OR for revival.

Other FIRE Decks may have a use for this, but I mentioned FKs since they appear to be the best Deck that can utilize this. I'm not too certain about how well they can Synchro Summon this card, but they can probably go for it.

As a whole, it is a bit overbearing with all effects considered, but Fire Kings aren't doing much at the moment (at least until the OCG stuff comes over, but even that is debatable).

--------

Card B has specific Summon conditions and kills you from activating Spells. OK...no Pendulums and stuff like MST/Raigeki and whatever. 

The idea is that you give it to the opponent, but you just gave them a 2.8K monster that they can use to attack you or use as R8 Xyz bait if they don't care about their Spells.

Regarding the latter, you get to steal a monster from the opponent, but it's basically a meat shield or Tribute fodder with the restrictions.

Then, we get to recovering any card you want from the Graveyard by banishing it, BUT you have to wait until next turn to play it.

Overall, card is pretty gimmicky, given the restrictions.

As Speedroid already mentioned, last effect is pretty much the only good effect it has (although it's slow).

--------

In all, A gets it for being more cohesive, even with the power thing in mind; again, the effects on their own are fine but together, iffy on them (even with the hard OPT on them).

B seems more random and hinders you more than helping.

Archived