An archetype of non-Pendulum Normal Monsters, Claybornes [WRITTEN]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This is an archetype that I've had in my phone for a while though I just got around to finishing it. It contains nothing but Normal Monsters with high stats and their Extra Deck is Fusion-based with odd fusion summoning conditions.

[spoiler Monsters]Shattersoul Clayborne Scout

EARTH *

Rock

A little Clayborne spirit of shattered pots. It instills peace into the most ferocious of monsters.

0/1500

Clayborne Builder

EARTH **

Rock

A old Clayborne warrior who tirelessly returns shattered Claybornes to fighting condition.

100/2000

Clayborne Lancer

EARTH ***

Rock

Wielding spears made from their shattered comrades, these warriors are the first on the battlefield.

1500/500

Clayborne Guard

EARTH ***

Rock

Elderly Clayborne soldiers who have been shattered more than once. They protect the clayborne village with a hardened tenacity.

1000/2100

Clayborne Soldier

EARTH ****

Rock

These sturdy warriors have been hardened by battle as much as from the sun. They are given heavy armor that cannot be shattered.

2000/1000

Clayborne Priest

EARTH ****

Rock

A mystical shaman who can return the spirits of the shattered into a reconstructed body.

1400/2200

Clayborne Rider

EARTH *****

Rock

Elite clayborne warriors. More Clayborne are shattered trying to achieve this rank than any other.

2500/1000

Clayborne Golem

EARTH *****

Rock

A Clayborne of massive proportions. It takes the spirits of many shattered claybornes to give life to one of these.

1800/2600

Clayborne Immortal

EARTH ******

Rock

A name of respect given only to the most powerful of the clayborne warriors. If an Immortal is ever shattered, they are stripped of their title.

2650/1300

Clayborne Wallwatcher

EARTH ******

Rock

The mysterious wall watchers are a group of Clayborne whose agenda is unknown. Rumors say that this group is comprised of shattered Immortals.

2000/2800

Clayborne General

EARTH *******

Rock

Shattered enemies line the place where this legendary leader lives.

2750/2750

Clayborne King

EARTH ********

Rock

A mere myth to anyone outside the Clayborne village. No one has shattered foes through mere force of presence like the King is able to.

3000/3000

[spoiler Spells]Shatter Reconstruction

Spell

Destroy 1 "Clayborne" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Clayborne" monster from your Graveyard whose level is up to 2 higher than the destroyed monster's.

Shatter Deconstruction

Spell

Destroy 1 "Clayborne" monster you control; Special Summon up to 2 "Clayborne" monsters from your Deck whose total levels are less than the destroyed monster's.

Shattersoul Transfer

Spell

Destroy 1 "Clayborne" monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Clayborne" monster from your Deck or Hand whose level is 1 higher or lower than the destroyed monster's.

Shattersoul Ancestry

Spell

Target 1 "Clayborne" monster in your Graveyard that was destroyed this turn; Special Summon 1 "Clayborne" monster from your Deck whose level is at least 2 lower than the target.

Shattersoul Alchemy

Spell

Shuffle any number of "Clayborne" monsters from your Graveyard into your Deck; draw 1 card and reveal it. If you drew a "Clayborne" monster whose level is less than the total levels of the monsters you shuffled, you can Special Summon that monster and draw 1 additional card.

Shatterstorm

Spell

Destroy all "Clayborne" monsters you control; draw a number of cards equal to the number of monsters destroyed this way +1

Clayborne Soul Snatch

Spell

Destroy 1 "Shattersoul Clayborne" monster you control and target 1 Spell/Trap card in your opponent's Graveyard; set that target on your side of the field but banish it when it leaves the field.

Clayborne Fusion

Spell

Fusion Summon 1 "Clayborne" monster using monsters from your Hand or that you control as fusion materials. If a "Clayborne" monster you control is destroyed, you can return that monster to the Deck; add this card to your Hand.

Shattersoul Fusion

Spell

Fusion Summon 1 "Clayborne" monster by returning the destroyed materials from your Graveyard to your Deck. You can shuffle this card and 2 "Shatter" spell cards from your Graveyard into your Deck; draw 1 card.

[spoiler Extra Deck]Shattersoul Clayborne Primus

EARTH ***

Rock/Fusion/Effect

2 level 3 or lower "Clayborne" monsters

If this card is destroyed, Special Summon 1 level 6 or lower "Clayborne" monster from your Hand or Graveyard (except Shattersoul Clayborne Primus).

1700/1700

Shattersoul Clayborne Duos

EARTH ****

Rock/Fusion/Effect

1 level 3 or lower "Clayborne" monster + 1 level 4 or higher "Clayborne" monster

When this card is Summoned, you can destroy 1 other monster you control; draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon any number of level 2 or lower Clayborne monsters from your Hand or Graveyard.

2100/2100

Shattersoul Clayborne Tria

EARTH *****

Rock/Fusion/Effect

1 "Clayborne" monster + 1 monster that is 2 levels higher than the other material

When this card is Summoned, you can target 1 other monster you control and 1 card your opponent controls; destroy them. If this card is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 level 7 or lower "Clayborne" monster from your Deck.

2400/2400

Shattersoul Clayborne Quarz

EARTH ******

Rock/Fusion/Effect

1 monster with a level + 1 "Clayborne" monster that is 3 or more levels under the other material

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Clayborne" monster from your Deck in defense position. If this card is destroyed, you can add 1 card that includes "Shatter" in its card name or text from your Deck to your Hand.

2600/2600

Shattersoul Clayborne Quinton

EARTH *******

Rock/Fusion/Effect

1 "Clayborne" monster + 1 "Clayborne" monster whose level is double the other material's

When this card is Summoned, you can reduce this card's level by 4 or more; Special Summon monsters from your Hand or Graveyard whose levels are equal to this card's. Once per turn, you can destroy 2 monsters you control; add 1 "Clayborne" monster from your Deck to your Hand whose level is less than or equal to the total levels of the monsters destroyed by this effect. If this card is destroyed (except by its own effect), you can fusion summon 1 "Clayborne" monster by returning this card and the proper fusion materials from your Graveyard to your Deck.

2900/2900

Shattersoul Clayborne Des Overlord

EARTH ********

Rock/Fusion/Effect

2 level 5 or higher "Clayborne" monsters

This card can also be fusion summoned by destroying the above materials you control. This card is always treated as a Normal monster.

3500/3500

Where does Deconstruction Summon from, and does Clayborne add from Graveyard?

The archetype seemed okay-ish, until I saw both Fusions. This deck is a very good recycler, and the destruction and spell speeds seem spot on. It's a shame Supply Squad doesn't work on this deck, but I'm a fan of all the cards. There doesn't seem to be any problems, considering the deck is Normal Monsters only, and the mechanics are great! Unsure on Overlord, I wish he had an Extra effect somewhere.

I feel two things are missing though: Some kind of continuous that activates when you destroy a monster you control for a cost, and something to search the S/T.

Fixed Deconstruction. I'm also not sure which card you're talking about when asking if Clayborne is added from Grave.

As is, I don't plan to add any further cards to the mix. The theme I wanted with this set is a focus on normalcy, ie. only Normal (main deck) monsters, Normal Spells, and even the Extra Deck monsters become basically become vanillas after their on-summon effect.

Fixed Deconstruction. I'm also not sure which card you're talking about when asking if Clayborne is added from Grave.

As is, I don't plan to add any further cards to the mix. The theme I wanted with this set is a focus on normalcy, ie. only Normal (main deck) monsters, Normal Spells, and even the Extra Deck monsters become basically become vanillas after their on-summon effect.

Meant to say Clayborne Fusion.

How about Normal Traps :P And at least give the boss a lingering effect or an effect on summon as well.

Archived