Fiery Rage Bull

mr. waifu

I sense you don't keep up with the meta (which isn't a bad thing), but oftentimes, tributing a monster to negate an attack is bad. The only (bad) combo I can see this working in is Double or Nothing with Qliphorts. Not exactly my cup of tea.

Take a card like Battle Fader, or, better yet, Swift Scarecrow (don't be fooled, Swift Scarecrow is definitely better). They outright end the battle phase. Or, if you're looking for field presence, Speedroid Menko. These cards don't require you to go -1 like this does. You'd have to summon Goblindbergh or something in order to make it half useable, which is a 2-card combo for something that could just get spun away by castel, made into Utopia or a better Xyz, or just outright run over by a wad of monsters.

The stat gain isn't particularly significant, since there are so many different ways to get rid of cards other than by battle. 

If I were to make this card better, I would suggest you...well, don't have it make you -1. Even without tributing, the effect is still underwhelming, and doesn't quite constitute "Fiery Rage." Maybe you could give it multiple attacks, or a removal effect?

You don't have to keep up with the meta, but some knowledge of it is pretty much a must if you post stuff in here. 

But yeah, while negating an attack is nice and all, the stat bonus won't really do you too much; especially with the fact most (if not all) viable Decks at present are capable of amassing heavy fields and overwhelming your capacity to do things. And yes, effect removal (this argument exists for pretty much every other card in the game, bar some exceptions).

---

Honestly, you can buff its stats up to the point they're more of the level that Level 4 monsters carry nowadays, and yeah, add something else to make it worth using. Multiple attacks is nice, or even burn if you want to. I suppose you could have it gain some ATK for every monster in your Graveyard or something, so it can actually pull off said burn (again, if you want to). 

Archived