[AGM, maybe?] Hatter Archetype

The Nyx Avatar

[spoiler=Show Monster Cards]

Ib0dTt6.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can target 1 "Hatter" monster on the field; increase or decrease its Level/Rank by 1.

Monster Effect:Cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Hatter" monster. This effect cannot be negated. While this card is face-up in the Extra Deck, this card is treated as a Level 3 monster.

lswiYjX.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Gemini monster on the field. Until the End Phase, It is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect(s).

Monster Effect:This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● Once per turn: You can pay 800 Life Points to target 1 card on the field; banish it.

o7vcZ9M.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Normal Summon 1 Gemini Monster. When this card is destroyed: You can send 1 Gemini monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Monster Effect:This card is treated as a Normal Monster while face-up on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is a Normal Monster on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it become an Effect Monster with this effect.
● Once per turn: You can pay 800 Life Points to target 1 Gemini monster that is banished or in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

qHFPaT8.jpg

Pendulum Effect:You cannot Pendulum Summon monsters, except "Hatter" and Gemini monsters. This effect cannot be negated. Once per turn, while your opponent controls a Special Summoned monster: You can target 1 Gemini monster you control; Normal Summon it.

● If this card attacks or is attacked: You can switch this card's original ATK and DEF.

INXW6No.jpg

Pendulum Effect:Once per turn: You can Normal Summon 1 Gemini monster. If you do, your opponent gains 800 Life Points.

● Once per turn: You can pay 800 Life Points; destroy 1 card on the field.

KkZ328c.jpg

Pendulum Effect:You can discard 1 Gemini monster; add 1 "Hatter" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

● Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; switch control of this card with 1 monster your opponent controls (you choose).

[spoiler=Show Synchro Monster Cards]

d2sJt9I.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Gemini monsters
Gemini monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 Life Points; you can place 1 monster on the field face-up in an empty Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. When this card is removed from the field: You can Special Summon 1 Gemini monster that is banished, in your Graveyard, or face-up in your Extra Deck.

RuqSqJr.jpg

LORE:1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Gemini monsters cannot be destroyed or banished by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn: You can discard 1 Gemini monster; shuffle 1 monster on the field into the Deck. When this card is removed from the field: You can Special Summon 1 Gemini monster that is banished, in your Graveyard, or face-up in your Extra Deck.

The archetype is certainly...interesting. With such a wide range of Levels, Synchro seems key, but the wide range of Pendulum Scales? I'm unsure what I think of that, especially since the Level 1 has a Level 3 requirement when in the extra. The archetype seems incredibly Generic, with quite a few of these cards just being run in Gemini.dek (main players being the Synchros, Wonder Wand and Lonesome), and, although it has some archetypal restrictions, the fact that this is an archetype seems forced. Their are only 1 or 2 cards that give this a theme, with the rest being, as I said earlier, standard Gemini support. The Synchros are a little too strong for my liking, because although they aren't too easy to bring out using just these cards, as you need specific level combos as they are the same level, all you need in the actual game is a Level 4 Gemini and GUB.

I wish the archetype worked more as a whole, perhaps with every card except Fake and Welcoming Hatter made less Generic and slightly nerfed.

The archetype is certainly...interesting. With such a wide range of Levels, Synchro seems key, but the wide range of Pendulum Scales? I'm unsure what I think of that, especially since the Level 1 has a Level 3 requirement when in the extra. The archetype seems incredibly Generic, with quite a few of these cards just being run in Gemini.dek (main players being the Synchros, Wonder Wand and Lonesome), and, although it has some archetypal restrictions, the fact that this is an archetype seems forced. Their are only 1 or 2 cards that give this a theme, with the rest being, as I said earlier, standard Gemini support. The Synchros are a little too strong for my liking, because although they aren't too easy to bring out using just these cards, as you need specific level combos as they are the same level, all you need in the actual game is a Level 4 Gemini and GUB.

I wish the archetype worked more as a whole, perhaps with every card except Fake and Welcoming Hatter made less Generic and slightly nerfed.

Well, this was mostly intended as Gemini support. Though, how are Fake Hatter and Welcoming Hatter generic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived