[Written] Duo Dragon

Thomas★Zero

Duo Dragon

lv 4 LIGHT

Warrior/Effect

This card is also treated as a Dragon-Type Monster. When this card is Normal Summoned: you Special Summon 1 "Duo Dragon" from your deck or graveyard to your side of the field. You can banish 1 Warrior or Dragon-Type Monster from your graveyard; double the Level of all "Duo Dragon" you control. You can only activated this effect of "Duo Dragon" once per turn. This card cannot be used as a Xyz Material Monster except for Warrior or Dragon-Type Xyz Monsters.

ATK/1000 DEF/1000

Review Time!

This card gives any deck a splashable Rank 4 or Rank 8 engine, which might be too good in decks that tend not to use their Normal Summon often. It poses no restrictions, other than using it as Xyz Materials for only Dragon or Warior-Type Xyz Monsters (which, mind you, there are a LOT of great options). It's a ROTA target, compatible with all Warrior and Dragon-Type tech cards. I'm not a huge fan of enabling ANY deck the ability to make Rank 4 & 8 plays (so long as you have a LIGHT monster in-grave). If it had further restrictions to enable it only for Dragon or Warrior-Type decks, then I can see this being a good card. In its current incarnation, I can't give it a pass in terms of balance.

:7606_key: ~

Review Time!

This card gives any deck a splashable Rank 4 or Rank 8 engine, which might be too good in decks that tend not to use their Normal Summon often. It poses no restrictions, other than using it as Xyz Materials for only Dragon or Warior-Type Xyz Monsters (which, mind you, there are a LOT of great options). It's a ROTA target, compatible with all Warrior and Dragon-Type tech cards. I'm not a huge fan of enabling ANY deck the ability to make Rank 4 & 8 plays (so long as you have a LIGHT monster in-grave). If it had further restrictions to enable it only for Dragon or Warrior-Type decks, then I can see this being a good card. In its current incarnation, I can't give it a pass in terms of balance.

:7606_key: ~

Changed it so you need to banish a Warrior or Dragon-Type Monster instead when it comes to making it more to Warrior/Dragon Decks only.

Changed it so you need to banish a Warrior or Dragon-Type Monster instead when it comes to making it more to Warrior/Dragon Decks only.

Methinks you are missing the point.

It's not so much that it can become a Level 8, but rather, it's the fact it Summons a Level 4 from your Deck, and proceeds to make things like... I don't know... Heroic Champion Excalibur, Utopia the Lightning, etc, etc. It's not really a balanced idea, per say, but it leads into some crazy sheet for minimal effort.

Archived