Number Hunters (YGO RP/PG-16/OOC/Accepting/Started)

I've finished watching ZEXAL and I'm happy enough with the anime that I can accept Xyz monsters. As such, I'm starting a ZEXAL-Era game!

Also, this game was initially rejected for numerous (see what I did there?) reasons, so I'm hoping this time it's OK.

[spoiler=Concept:]It's an alternate universe. All the major players --Vetrix, Dr. Faker, the Barians, etc.-- never came into play. They don't exist, as far as we're concerned. The original 100 Numbers are cropping up all over Heartland. Duels between Number-holders are common and extremely dangerous, but shockingly: no-one has been known to defeat a Number-holder, not even if they have their own Number. Before today, you were a relatively normal Duelist. But when you saw that card, when you picked it up, you knew that was going to change, in so many ways. Now, you're a Number Hunter. This is your story.

Rules
All YCMF Role-Play rules apply, (see here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/348886-welcome-to-the-ycm-roleplay-section-rules-thread/?p=6823386)including the Advanced Clause, which if you don't recall, is:
a. All IC posts require at least 100 words, roughly 4 lines at standard formatting.
b. Posting in script format is forbidden.
c. Copy-pasting or “expying” characters without tailoring them to the new roleplay is forbidden.

Also, a few of my own rules:

There is not a "Main Character" for this game. There may be Protagonists, and Antagonists, and Nontagonists, but this is overall, the story of your Number Hunters and what they do when they have a Number in their possesion.
We duel by Anime rules: meaning you DO draw on the first turn, but you can't attack, and you have 4000 Life-Points.
Unless discussed with me and the player involved and we both consent, you cannot kidnap or kill another character.
Please do show respect to all members of this game, and do not attempt to control other characters. This is role-play, not creative writing.
Seal of the Oricalchos, Egyptian Gods, Earthbound, etc. ARE NOT ALLOWED.
If your character's hate each other for whatever reason, then they hate each other, but keep flame wars OUT of this game, IC or OOC.
I would like for everyone to post every two days, minimum, but let me know if you can't manage that.
If you want a Dark Synchro, or other anime-only cards, make sure they are of a reasonable power level.
Be creative with your decks, don't throw the same damn things at me.
Don't Meta-game. Just don't.
Your Extra Deck does not have a limit, but that doesn't mean you can just have whatever in it.

If I reject your character, do NOT start arguing with me about how I run my game.

(I reserve the right to change these rules as I see fit, but I will alert you to such changes.)

[spoiler=Picking a Number:]Your deck must center around an archetype or series. You get 1 Number Monster. Your Number may be one released in the OCG/TCG or one created under an unused number. Remember, since your Number chooses you and molds to fit your character's desires, I will pick your Number, but you can discuss your preferences with me in the PM's, design your character (and in some cases your deck) specifically to get the Number you want, or even pitch a Number you made. I will gladly take your opinions into account, so don't be afraid to put them out there. I will mark off the Numbers that are unavailable so you don't get your hopes up for nothing, except the ones on the Forbidden Numbers list.

[spoiler=Forbidden Numbers:]

[spoiler=Specialized Numbers:]
These Numbers require a certain prerequisite for me to assign it to you.
06/33/36: Chronomaly Deck, only choose 1
08/18/69: Heraldic Beast Deck, only choose 1
15/40/88: Gimmick Puppet Deck, only choose 1
79: Battlin' Boxer Deck
86: Heroic Challenger/Champion Deck
12: Armor Ninja Deck
55: Gogogo Deck
81: Railway Deck
07: We should talk about this one... (PM me)
25: I don't want to subject anyone to owning this, but if you can make a camera-centric archetype to go with it, I'll probably give this one to you.
09: I dare you to choose this one. I freaking dare you.

95: Galaxy Deck

96: We'll have to have a chat about this particular card.

[spoiler=Unnamed Numbers:]

[spoiler=Character Application:]
Name:
Appearance: (100 words min. OR a picture)
Personality: (100 words min.)

Background: (100 words min.)
Deck: (Include Custom Cards under their own spoiler)
Misc: (list format, trivia, theme song, etc.)

[spoiler=Accepted Apps]Hirai
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/?do=findComment&comment=6864627

Jacob
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-2?do=findComment&comment=6864924

Yuria
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-3?do=findComment&comment=6865288

Riichi
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-3?do=findComment&comment=6865291

Haruka
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-3?do=findComment&comment=6866309

Iori
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-3?do=findComment&comment=6867362

Leslie
http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/351749-number-hunters-ygo-rppg-16oocacceptingstarted/page-4?do=findComment&comment=6868062

So, go ahead an apply, and I will discuss potential Numbers with you AFTER you are accepted. I will not respond to an application if it mentions the Number you want.

Ready?

Go!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interested, but two things. First off, can we have a picture for our character instead of the paragraph? And second off, I don't really want to build a deck without knowing what number I have.

Jesus, that's the fastest response I've gotten to a game, ever. Lemme try to keep up.

"No one has been known to defeat a number holder, even if they have their own number"

Wait, what?

So they like, constantly tie? Does everyone side Self Destruct Button or something. I'm lost here.

The key word there is known. As in, it's possible it's happened, but so far it's not public knowledge, meaning there's something going on behind the scenes. Maybe I was too subtle on that point.

This seems like a cool concept, color me intrigued.

*produces a set of Sharpies* er... Teal then?

All kidding aside, that's awesome! I don't often get responses to games this quickly.

Interested, but two things. First off, can we have a picture for our character instead of the paragraph? And second off, I don't really want to build a deck without knowing what number I have.

Yes, you can absolutely have a picture. I will add that wee detail to the original post.

Second, if you get in, we will discuss it, and I will most likely give you whichever Number you're leaning towards, unless it makes no sense whatsoever, e.g. Battlin Boxer Nova Caesar in a deck revolving around Fish-types.

Hum. Very interested, if a bit irate, cause I was planning something similar. Quick question: Pendulums, Synchros, Fusions and Rituals are allowed, yes? And will Numbers have that immunity to non-Numbers or not?

If I make an app, will put it here.

Good question. Synchro, Fusion, and Ritual Monsters are all allowed.

I am wary of using Pendulum monsters, since Yuya literally invents the concept in Arc-V, and from my knowledge, Arc-V and Zexal are different timelines created by Z-ONE's interference, Zexal leading to the Xyz Dimension that we see in Arc-V. Did I get that right? I haven't watched ARC-V yet, I'm still on Zexal II.

Anywho, I want to make sure we do stay true to some of the lore here, even if we are cutting out the major players of the anime. So no to Pendulum monsters, but the rule where only Numbers can destroy Numbers does apply. 

You might want to update your list of unused Numbers.

#51, #59, #78, and #98, as of the Collector's Pack coming out soon, all are accounted for.

^On top of that, you should probably chuck 78 into your list of specialized Numbers. Perhaps even disallow other RPers from picking it up if you were planning on restricting them to one Number (per character) to start things off, since it really needs other Numbers for its effect to have a chance of working. Of course, I don't know if the Number restriction was gonna be your actual play as GM, so I'll leave it up to you to decide what you ultimately want to do with 78.

As for the RP itself, I might pick it up. I'm in a ton of others though, so that will take its toll on the attention I give this one; just to let you know.

Name: Hirai Ichiro

Appearance: [spoiler='Hirai']

z3XvQRi.png

Personality: A rich, snobby, brat. He is completely arrogant and anyone who has less power or is less rich than him is considered a 'commoner' by him. He thinks everyone that is a commoner is a servant to him and are disposable and would do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. He would love to see his servants work hard just to hopefully do their job right and not anger Hirai, although nothing was good enough for Hirai. Hirai hated the thought of listening to a commoner and if they ever told him to do something he would punish them, mostly by firing them, which some people would be confused if they had no idea who he was... (this text colour won't change for some random reason...)

Background: As a baby, his parents moved to England, but recently has moved to his current location. Hirai lived life as a spoiled brat, his father was the founder of a successful company, raising so much money that he had been able to buy whatever he wanted, and he just kept getting more. Hirai's father meet a beautiful lady and ended up marrying her, and they created Hirai. Hirai got whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, and he found a fun hobby, which was Duel Monsters. He gotten whatever cards he wanted, in the highest rarity as well. His first one was a ghost rare Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon, he loved the card so much he built a deck around it, all his cards in the highest rarity he could get it, he loved life. After he got bored of his Red-Eyes Deck, he started building a Noble Knights deck, he loved that they seemed like his knights and was the king they were defending.

Deck: Noble Knights

Misc: N/A (for now)

~--------------------------------------------~

and a question, are we allowed to create antagonist characters? If so, I might make a antagonist character...

Hirai Ichiro

Hey! I love the character! Red-Eyes is a great choice, the archetype has a HUGE amount of diversity, even without the Xyz Monsters.

Pro tip: If you can't think of any other deck types for a rich person, consider something that matches his personality. He acts high and mighty, so maybe something with knights or royalty involved? Noble Knights, maybe Madolche? Just suggestions though.

and a question, are we allowed to create antagonist characters? If so, I might make a antagonist character...

W-wait. This isn't supposed to be an antagonist?

All jokes aside, you are in! working on your Number now, do pitch in if you've got a preference.

W-wait. This isn't supposed to be an antagonist?

Well, it is, but it isn't... see... I was thinking of a character like Kite, but leaning more in the side of a antagonist, but not full on. But I feel like making him plain Antagionist now, but I might make a good character as I see people who have 2 or more characters are able to post more. Also, was thinking Noble Knights, but I have never played them and don't want to use something I haven't used. So I think i'll stick with Red-Eyes (mostly for dat ghost rare).

I was thinking of a Rank 7 (duh) number, I think Big Eye suits him, as for this reason:

He likes using his opponent for his own benefit, so using their monsters would be like him using his opponent, but the number is completely your choice, so just keep in mind i'd prefer a rank 7 :P

Ah, but in the second season, he corrects himself, saying that there are 100.

In any case, it's unlikely I will have to include all the Numbers.

Ah, okay, can't wait for the roleplay to start! I'm trying to find good rank 7's but... most of them are numbers o.o Only like, 2 good rank 7's I could find for this deck, might look for a custom rank 7 on here, any suggestions?

TBH I might switch to Noble Knights or Madolches, red-eyes is hard to make o.o

EDIT:

Switching to Noble Knights, Red-Eyes doesn't have enough extra deck monsters that are good for me to use. Will update app after.

I think Number 86 seems like the best choice, but it can end up being so weak... I want a number that can compete with the other numbers, yet the Noble Knight cards can only equip to Noble Knights. They need a noble knight number xyz monster o.o

Archived