[Written] Majespecter Expansion

KDironclaw

Yo! Wassup? I was at school today and hatched some ideas on Majespecter cards I wanted to share with you! Please do note though that I'm not good at making cards, but 'ayyy, at least I tried! XP

Monsters:

[spoiler=Majespecter Wolf - Okami]4*
Wind
Pendulum
Effect
Spellcaster
ATK: 1800
DEF: 700

Pendulum Scale: 5
Pendulum Effect: *blank*
Monster Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon one level 4 or lower "Majespecter" monster from your Deck, but it's effects are negated. You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Wolf - Okami" once per turn. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

It's card art would have a red wolf Majespecter with a tornado as a tail, similarly to Nekomata and Kyubi. I thought that directly Summoning a Majespecter from your Deck as tribute fodder would help speed things up, if you find this a bit unbalanced, let me know in the comments! =P

[spoiler=Majespecter Serpent - Oroshi]3*
Wind
Pendulum
Effect
Spellcaster
ATK: 500
DEF: 1700

Pendulum Scale: 2
Monster Effect: When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add one "Majespecter" Spell/Trap from your Graveyard to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Serpent - Oroshi" once per turn. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

It's card art would have a indigo/dark blue snake Majespecter with a tornado coming out of it's the tip of it's tail. I know that Supercell provides some recycling, but I thought in the form of a monster would be quicker and more accessible.

[spoiler=Majespecter Dragon - Xiaolong]6*
Wind
Pendulum
Effect
Spellcaster
ATK: 2200
DEF: 1500

Pendulum Scale: 5
Monster Effect: During either player's turn, you can target one "Majespecter" monster you control and one other card on the field; banish them. You can only use this effect of "Majespecter Dragon - Xiaolong" once per turn. Cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

It's card art would have a black Chinese dragon Majespecter with a tornado coming out of it's mouth. A counterpart to Kirin, I thought being able to banish one of any card on the field at the cost of throwing a Pendulum out of the loop would be okay, but let me know if this is a little unbalanced! ^^

Spells:

[spoiler=Majespecter Whirlwind]Normal Spell

Effect: You can tribute one WIND Spellcaster-Type monster, then target two cards on the field; return them to the hand.

It's card art would feature Oroshi. I thought that maybe a more versatile Storm that returned to the hand would be okay... Let me know in the Comments!

[spoiler=Majesty's Wyvern]Field Spell

Effect: All monsters on the field, except "Majespecter" monsters lose 300 ATK and DEF. You can shuffle any number of "Majespecter cards from your hand into the Deck, then draw cards equal to the number of cards you shuffled +1. You can only use this effect of "Majesty's Wyvern" once per turn.

It's card art would feature Xiaolong. This is meant to be used more in a pure Majespecter Deck, it basically functions as an Igknight Reload while reducing the ATK of all other monsters.

Traps:

[spoiler=Majespecter Gust]Normal Trap

Effect: Until the End Phase, face-up "Majespecter" monsters cannot be removed from the field by battle or card effects, except by Tributing.

It's card art would feature Okami. It basically just protects the monsters from being removed from the field. The past version seemed kind of useless, so I tried something new. Let me know if it seems a bit off. =P

Thanks for reading, and any Feedback/Criticism is welcome! =D

Meh, don't nothing better to do. Might as well do this.

- - - - -Monsters- - - - -

MWolf- Pretty nice card. Helps get more Majespecters out of the deck and onto the field to be used, either as attackers, or as tribute fodder (which you mentioned). Glad you included the OPT clause on this monster, however, negating the monster's effects which is summoned through Wolf's effect would just be a short-term solution to a longer term problem, in that you've essentially got a free search into... whatever. I mean, realistically, you wouldn't be able to proc the effect of whatever you summoned right away, but if you were desperate enough (and weren't playing a mirror match), you could Dark Hole / Torrential Tribute, and if you hadn't Pendulum Summoned yet, get the monster's effect by P.Summoning it. Still, this combination's unlikely and unrealistic. This is definitely a nice card, and is really reminiscent to Toad. However, why is this thing more defensive than offensive? Most of the offensive Majespecters have higher ATK than their DEF (i.e. Raccoon). That's a definite disparity you need to check. 4.5/5 flip the stats, and honestly, you're set.

MSnake- Also a nice card, and a more relevant form of recycling. Though, perhaps, it might be too good. Honestly, what makes Majespecters as good as they are, are the spells and traps. While having Superconducter in the deck makes it annoying on its own, this thing would definitely make it even more of a pain to deal with these dang magic monsters than it already is. What you should add is a clause to prevent people from using the Spell/Trap right away, like with Toad, to balance it out so you don't automatically grab one of their more powerful spells. Or, rather, you search the Traps which, by nature, are slower. Also, flip the stats. 4/5 a mixture of issues, but nothing game-breaking; just annoying.

MDragon- Ah geez... Okay... Well, while the cost is definitely fair, the ability to use this monster with ANY Pendulum Deck (Like Majespecters's best friends, Preformpals~) is a tad bit broken. While the card in itself would be fine and dandy, Kirin's already a major pain to deal with and is super tech-y. This thing, if you really wanted to make it Majespecter exclusive, should solely be able to get rid of MAJESPECTER Pendulum Monsters, otherwise this thing would be one of the best ways to prevent your opponent from playing the game to the capacity people want to. Not a terrible card, but the flaws this thing has scares me, mainly, the tech-ability. 4/5 same issue with the card above this one.

- - - - -Spells- - - - -

MWhirlwind- To be honest, a much better Storm. Whereas storm forces you to deal with monsters, this thing gets rid of ANY threats. Not only that, but you get to recycle a Majespecter as well. While Storm isn't (inherently) that amazing of a card, this thing could be a game-ender. I'm just glad it isn't Quick-Play. 5/5 honestly tops the original.

Majesty's Wyvern- I'm not okay with this card. The lowering of ATK is fine- whatever, not that great, yadda yadda yadda. But its other effect? No. I understand that you may have made a teensy mistake in your grammar here, but the way the effect is now, means you can shuffle the monsters from ANYWHERE. Hand, Graveyard, and Field. And, on top of that, you can shuffle cards your opponent controls, if you're playing a mirror match. Not cool. You really need to fix that effect so that it shuffles from a specific place, and shuffles solely YOUR cards. Anyways, besides that, it's an OK card, but to be honest, I'd rather use the original. Nothing against this, just... I'd rather be sure of what I'm going to get than hope for the best. Still, a nice, decently made card. 3.5/5 not better than the original and has a couple of grammar issues; could be a 4/5.

- - - - -Traps- - - - -

MGust- Useless because Waboku exists and if people wanted to protect their Majestpecters, they'd use that card instead, since it also protects your Life Points and ANY kind of monster on the field. I mean... just... revamp this card in its entirety. It's completely useless as is, as there's a generic, better version of this that exists, and even then, people don't use it. Waboku > this card. 0/5 it's completely useless; revamp this card or ditch it, tbh.

- - - - -

Over all, very well thought-out and good support for the Majespecters! I know I'd definitely play the monsters and Whirlwind, but everything else is kind of iffy. If I were you, I'd edit the cards you have, and revamp Gust to be actually useful, because then you'd have a very realistic set of support! Overall, a 7/10. (Would probably be 9/10 with the effect fixes, but with Gust being useless, it really drags down the grade.)

Lol, thanks for the feedback, Totally didn't realize I made that grammatical mistake on Wyvern, I need to fix that. And maybe remove the +1 feature. And yeah, I probably need to redo Gust, it is pretty useless considering some other similar Trap cards. I think I have an effect in mind... And I totally agree with you about flipping the stats, now that I think about it. Well anyway, again, thanks for the feedback! ^^

Given Majespecters are still my side Deck right now, I'm probably obligated to actually say stuff. 

Wolf is cool since it let's you Rank 4 quickly or really get Tribute fodder out for the support cards. That, and 1800 ATK sort of fixes their low power issue to an extent (least without the Field up, but even then). 

Serpent is nice for insta-recovery of said support cards; a lot of the times, you want those cards back NOW than having to wait until you redraw. Not really good in the early game though for reasons, but yeah it's quicker. 

Dragon is a bit counterproductive to their strategies; yes, I know it's supposed to be the banish version of Kirin, but they don't have methods of recurring said fodder. I mean, banishing stuff helps (well, not against certain metagame stuff that I won't mention here), but a bit iffy on having to banish things. (Suppose one could banish spare copies of 'specters that you can't really use though). Although, 2500 ATK for them isn't something to laugh at though. 

Whirlwind should be fine as-is, though in the case of opposing Pendulums and the like, you just gave them another outlet to reactivate their on-summon effects. It is hilarious to get rid of ED stuff though. 

Wyvern weakens the opponent a bit and yeah, helps them with brick hands if they land up drawing only their support S/T and no monsters. I can say from experience that this has happened more times than I'd like. But yeah, it'll hurt if you're playing mixed (common builds use Luster Pendulum and the like for techs and it hurts them). Oh right, and lower the DEF too if you want to make it a counterpart of Pegasus. 

Gust is...kinda meh, to be honest. Granted, it stops non-targeting removal which can get around their general protection, but they're still weak to battle. I would probably suggest having them be unable to be removed from the field that turn except by Tributing (so incorporating non-targeting removal and battle protection at once). Won't get around stuff like Stormforth and Kaiju, but otherwise it'd be fine with the additions. 

Archived