Call of the White Knight

Snatch Steal

Howdy Howdy~

This is another one of those cards that, in the span of a few sentences, can't encapsulate its full potential. Instead of trying to summarize all its functionalities, I'll just use some bullet points to get some thoughts across:

1. Artwork is pretty awesome, but it doesn't really fit the name. Perhaps it was ironic?
  2. OCG is incorrect, shouldn't have to include the "but with different ATK & DEF than that monster".
  3. There are plenty of 0 ATK & 0 DEF monsters in the game, so giving them a semi-machine dupe, while not inherently game-breaking, could lead to some potentially broken combos. Any effect that Special Summons from Deck as a Speed 2 is pretty terrifying.
  4. The lack of restriction on the monsters Summoned by this effect leads to limitless potential, leading this card to be relevant always in one way or another.
  5. When you make generic cards, you should be especially careful with your design. This doesn't overstep any boundaries directly (save the lack of restrictions), but it gives too large a toolbox to too many decks, considering its a Speed 2 Special Summon from Deck.

~YugsterMajor

If I got this right, if the ATK is 0, the DEF must be something else, and if the DEF is 0, the ATK must be something else, for the searched monster.

That could be worded differently, but I can see how it is a tricky effect to convey. I'd so something along these lines.

You can only activate 1 effect of "Call of the White Knight" per turn, and only once that turn.

*If you control a monster with 0 ATK: You can Special Summon 1 monster with 0 DEF from your Deck, whose ATK and DEF are different.

*If you control a monster with 0 DEF: You can Special Summon 1 monster with 0 ATK from your Deck, whose ATK and DEF are different.

It sounds a bit dangerous but there actually aren't THAT many monsters in the game that fit the bill. It'd make for a super good tool in Box of Friends or Umbral Horrors (probably), and speed up potential targets for that Chameleon Tuner whose name slips my mind. I'm just mentioning them off the top of my head. I'm a tad lazy to go look up all monsters this card can possibly Summon, but getting them to do the slight stat difference required I wrote in my version would mean you'd only be able to go for half the targets at any given time, and on top of that I added a hard OPT clause to it. I think for now it should be ok.

Archived