[Leaderboard] Gadjiltron vs. Spinda (Victory Spinda)

Trebuchet MS

TFW Kaiser Sea Snake has only 1 target and it's a mediocre monster. Let's rectify it!

Rules:

• All Leaderboard rules apply.
  • First to 3 votes or most votes by the deadline wins.
  • All voters must elaborate on their votes.
  • Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.
  • Cards must be PM'd to me.
  • To enforce anonymity and consistency, cards will become written when posted up. The contestant can further elaborate how their card is supposed to work for more consistent PSCT.
  • In case of downtime or emergencies, the deadlines may be extended.

Rewards:

• The winner gets a rep from the loser.
  • All voters get a rep for voting.

Deadlines:

• Contestants have 48 hours to submit their entries after the challenge has been accepted.
  • In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.
  • The contest ends a week after both contestants' cards are posted up. (12 June 2016, 8:00 PM, +8GMT)

Requirement:

Create a Level 8 non-Extra Deck Sea Serpent without any Summoning restrictions.

Card A:

Ocean Lord Ketos
WATER LV8
[sea Serpent/Effect]
You can Normal Summon this card by Tributing 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster you control. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot Special Summon for the rest of this turn. If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Sea Serpent-Type monster you control with a Level; its Level becomes 8. You can only control 1 "Ocean Lord Ketos".
2500/1000

Card B:

Neon Sea Wyrm

WATER LV8

[sea Serpent/Effect]

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: You can discard this card, then send 1 Level 8 Sea Serpent-Type monster, except "Neon Sea Wyrm", from your Deck to your Graveyard; add 1 Level 8 Sea Serpent-Type monster from your Deck to your hand with a different name from the sent monsters'. You can only use this effect of "Neon Sea Wyrm" once per turn. If this card is Special Summoned, its Level becomes 4 and its original DEF becomes 0.

1000/2500

Card 2 GMV, but both of them have quite a few problems that make me think they weren't entirely thought out.

Given that the only card in the game that Card 2 can mill is (realistically) only going to be Kaiser Sea Serpent because the other cards aren't strong enough to see play apart from potentially Moulinglacia, you're going to be milling what I can only assume is going to be Kaiser Sea Serpent a lot of the time in order to add another copy of itself which is rather counterproductive to the entire point. That being said though, it does create a new way to play WATER with the idea of having a Salvage/Trade-In/Neon Sea Wyrm engine which could potentially thin the hell out of your deck until you find specific crux cards. It probably really heavily promotes Moulinglacia more than Kaiser Sea Serpent, though you'll play Kaiser Sea Serpent as well just to mill it more than likely.

Card 1 has a lot of problems though. I really do like what it's trying to go for, but given the kind of support that Sea Serpents currently have it's far too slow to be any good. A Sea Serpent needs to survive in order for it to be Normal Summoned, which really sucks because I would have loved if it worked with Atlantean Heavy Infantry but it doesn't. I also don't really feel like it plays you off well enough. I don't see why it had to be Normal Summon only and I don't see what abusive thing it really has going for it that isn't already a problem with Mermails as it is to require so many heavy restrictions. Way too slow and way too drawnback to be any good.

Card A is really slow in terms of its effects, and is completely ruined by the SS prevention clause, which is there because of...mermails, I guess? If you've normal Summoned this card you're either late game mermailanteans, in which case how you are in the game is beyond my comprehension, or you've played extremely defensively. In either case, as this card does not have a way to SS itself, I feel getting its effect and SSing it is something you should deserve if you Normal Summon it.

Card B annoys me in the fact that it has Wyrm in its name but its not a wyrm, but hey, whatever. Might I say that there are only 5 level 8 Sea Serpents in the entire game in the main deck, and 2 of them are nomi? That limits us to the Level 8 Normal monster, kaiser, and the Water Elemental lord. This card does have nice synergy with the latter two, however, especially Kaiser. You can very easily R4 with this card, and set up your Graveyard for that Lord.

All in all, Card B. It has more potential as the game goes on, and, while being weak, is less restricted and potentially more open than Card A.

Also, Koko, you have to add a different monster to the one you send :3 Allowing for more Kaiser plays.

Also, Koko, you have to add a different monster to the one you send :3 Allowing for more Kaiser plays.

I know. What I said in my post is that you have to mill Kaiser Sea Snake because you can't send Neon Sea Wyrm, but since you can't add Kaiser Sea Snake it means the only other logical thing that you're going to play which could be added is a copy of itself.

Card A : it seems underpowered and ineffective in my opinion because not only do you have to tribute summon this card to be able to get a sea serpent from your deck, you can't special summon anything that turn (including the sea serpent you just added) to actually do any kind of useful moveswhich makes this card slow and vulnerable. The only useful aspect of this card I notice is that if you can Special Summon this card onto the field while you have another sea serpent you can bring out a nice Rank 8 xyz. Other than that this card is just not worth the effort of bringing it out.

Card B: I just don't see the point in only allowing this card to be discarded when your opponent controls a monster and you don't. It wouldn't make it overpowered if you left that part out , it would actually make it more usable. Other than that this card can get the few useful level 8 sea serpents into your hand and graveyard , which could work in a certain WATER deck which let's you use the graveyard to your advantage.

I vote card B because it is quicker to use its effects and could actually be playable in a deck

Archived