Reaper of Insincerity

The Nyx Avatar

9Ik0iqd.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 DARK Fiend or Zombie-Type monster with a different name from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by an opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Fiend or Zombie-Type Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). A monster Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed by card effects this turn.

Ok so you grab Erebus from the Graveyard as an extra beatstick, but then the second effect I'm like wtf r u supposed to summon? Beyond that this also would help Vampire decks. Beyond that there isn't much else for this card to do.

Reaper on the Nightmare to set up possible Rank 5 plays? Even Crimson Knight Vampire Bram.

Reaper on the Nightmare to set up possible Rank 5 plays? Even Crimson Knight Vampire Bram.

Ok he has Monarch stats which means he could be easily teched in to Monarchs and made into a way to grab Erebus. He can trigger Return and help make the deck run he'd be another 5 body for Extra Deck Monarchs. I'm trying to look at him from the meta perspective. Vamps are too obvious, because this guy is just another Vamp card, without the Archetype name.

Yeah i agree with the above user, it's very much so a vampire card without the name...

It's got a nice float effect but at the same time im unsure how much i like it since it promotes Xyz plays and therefore wouldnt get it most of the time....

Maybe instead just give it a graveyard effect that helps bramms lack of xyz units when he returns from the graveyard, this way you would make the focus of the card more specific (focusing on xyz plays) and give it more of a zombie flavor with a graveyard effect. 

It's a nice card, i just feel a bit confused by it.

^^

Yeah i agree with the above user, it's very much so a vampire card without the name...

It's got a nice float effect but at the same time im unsure how much i like it since it promotes Xyz plays and therefore wouldnt get it most of the time....

Maybe instead just give it a graveyard effect that helps bramms lack of xyz units when he returns from the graveyard, this way you would make the focus of the card more specific (focusing on xyz plays) and give it more of a zombie flavor with a graveyard effect.

It's a nice card, i just feel a bit confused by it.

^^

Yeah; that wasn't exactly my intentions. What I wanted was a card that supported (albeit indirectly) Reaper on the Nightmare, while still remaining practical otherwise.

Archived