Let's try to bring back Umi. Shall we?

The Nyx Avatar

RULiqKe.jpg

LORE:When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Spell Card with "Umi" in its name or text from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. While "Umi" is face-up on the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field, "Umi" cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects. This card can be treated as a Level 4 or 5 monster for the Xyz Summon of a WATER monster.

So you'd be looking at adding Lemuria or A Legendary Ocean, which are kind of easy to add anyway with Terraforming. As for the other effect, it's compatible with any Xyz Deck, meaning just being able to summon it would give you options. There's also no limit to the number of them you could control, so if you had two of them in hand, you could Normal Summon 1, search Umi, then Special Summon the other, letting you easily Xyz Summon a Rank 3, 4, or 5 monster. This isn't particularly stellar, though, and it would probably only see use in its own Deck.

I don't know that it particularly supports Umi, since it's more like Xyz fodder. Maybe if you added "The Legendary Fisherman" or something similar you'd be better off?

So you'd be looking at adding Lemuria or A Legendary Ocean, which are kind of easy to add anyway with Terraforming. As for the other effect, it's compatible with any Xyz Deck, meaning just being able to summon it would give you options. There's also no limit to the number of them you could control, so if you had two of them in hand, you could Normal Summon 1, search Umi, then Special Summon the other, letting you easily Xyz Summon a Rank 3, 4, or 5 monster. This isn't particularly stellar, though, and it would probably only see use in its own Deck.

I don't know that it particularly supports Umi, since it's more like Xyz fodder. Maybe if you added "The Legendary Fisherman" or something similar you'd be better off?

So what else would you suggest I add to this card to bring more significance to "Umi"?

Archived