Guest BGMCANN0N

Guest BGMCANN0N

Traffic Light Scarecrow

✪ (Level 1)

EARTH

[Thunder/ Effect]

ATK/ 0  DEF/ 0

You can activate 1 of the following effects:

• If your Battle Phase ends by a card effect or if 1 of your monster's attack is negated: You can discard this card; conduct another Battle Phase instead.
  • When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can discard this card; end the Battle Phase after the Damage Step.
  • When an opponent's monster declares an attack: You can discard this card; negate the attack, and if you do, negate the effect of the attacking monster.

So is this card meant to be a take on Swift Iron Scarecrow?

It's got three effects; one that helps eith negated attacks, one that ends battles, and one that negates attacks. While Swift Iron Scarecrow is meant for direct attacks, this seems like a variant for everything else battle-wise. Nice work.

Guest BGMCANN0N

So is this card meant to be a take on Swift Iron Scarecrow?

It's got three effects; one that helps eith negated attacks, one that ends battles, and one that negates attacks. While Swift Iron Scarecrow is meant for direct attacks, this seems like a variant for everything else battle-wise. Nice work.

And Scrap-Iron Scarecrow too. I guess you could say I wanted the Scarecrow thing to be treated as an archetype even though it doesn't have the adequate number of cards or support to be one.

I am thinking about adding one more effect:

If your Battle Phase was ended by a card effect: You can discard this card; conduct another Battle Phase.

Still iffy on it though because flavor, and how too multi-purpose it could be...

Hmmmmm.

The first effect is lolsy, but not exactly useful in most situations. You would only ever use it as side deck in a Hyper Offense deck against Stall. You'd have to know you'd be against Swift Iron Scarecrow or Battle Fader. I don't know if you could use it against Negate Attack, since it's a Counter, but there's no card like this yet.

The next two effects are probably fine, if not a little weak. It's usually better just to use Swift Iron Scarecrow anyway. Unless you're fighting, say, Kozmo, I don't think anything would be hugely affected by having just one of their attacks negated without anything to back it up.

I recommend giving it an additional effect to make up for it, perhaps one that would aid the Scarecrow pseudo-archetype.

And Scrap-Iron Scarecrow too. I guess you could say I wanted the Scarecrow thing to be treated as an archetype even though it doesn't have the adequate number of cards or support to be one.

I am thinking about adding one more effect:

If your Battle Phase was ended by a card effect: You can discard this card; conduct another Battle Phase.

Still iffy on it though because flavor, and how too multi-purpose it could be...

Another thing to this card is that you can also add it via Where Arf Thou, and in similar fashion to Swift Iron Scarecrow, can be Special Summoned by Masked Chameleon, to set up potential Synchro plays.

Guest BGMCANN0N

Another thing to this card is that you can also add it via Where Arf Thou, and in similar fashion to Swift Iron Scarecrow, can be Special Summoned by Masked Chameleon, to set up potential Synchro plays.

Oh and that makes Naturia Beast with Chameleon~ Good eye there. :P

Archived