*cancelled* Requesting feedback on what archtype my protagonist should use in an arc-v fic

This fic would have the character participating in the friendship cup. They may swap decks in between rounds.

I may change the effects slightly from the versions shown here since some tcg cards have different effects in the anime, but the overall concept will stay the same. If you can't read something let me know and I'll post lore.

Also, if a card says "create and special summon" it means "the card summoned this way ignores the 15 card extra deck size limit", which the anime doesn't seem to have to begin with so for anime versions that won't matter. Each archetype will also list likely ocg/tcg cards that will be used along with it. You can expect a few generic extra deck monsters to appear with any of these choices.

Here are the choices so far:

[spoiler=summon-magician]

Summon-Magician%20Cyber%20Tactician_zpsh

Summon-Magician%20Angelic%20Guard_zpsojr

Summon-Magician%20Tech%20Valkyria_zpsjuf

Summon-Magician%20Lunar%20Maiden_zpsz1wn

Summon-Magician%20Black%20Sorcerer_zpsga

Chaos%20High%20Paladin_zps4s6qlizj.png

Used with good generic tuners

[spoiler=galaxy kitsune hero]

Written for now since some of the art needs to be re-done. The "hero" in these cards names is a naming convention from the game that they came from.

galaxy%20kitsune%20hero%20lv4_zpshpv8dyn

During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Galaxy Kitsune Hero LV6" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.

galaxy%20kitsune%20hero%20lv6_zpsw8njr1k

Once per turn: you can banish 1 "Galaxy" monster from your hand or graveyard; choose 1 monster in your hand, on the field, or in either graveyard, also banish any number of LIGHT monsters from your hand or graveyard, and if you do, create and special summon 1 level/rank 7 or lower synchro or xyz monster with the same type and attribute as the chosen monster whose level/rank is less then or equal to the total levels and ranks of those banished monsters (this special summon is treated as a synchro or xyz summon respectively) and if its an xyz monster, attach the top 2 cards of your graveyard to it as xyz materials. During the End Phase: if this card attacked or was attacked this turn: you can send this face-up card to the graveyard; special summon 1 "Galaxy Kitsune Hero LV8" from your hand, deck, or graveyard.

galaxy%20kitsune%20hero%20lv8_zpsl4h96rf

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by "Galaxy Kitsune Hero LV6", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: you can banish 1 "Galaxy" monster from your hand or graveyard; choose 1 monster in your hand, on the field, or in either graveyard, also banish any number of LIGHT monsters from your hand and/or graveyard, and if you do, create and special summon 1 synchro or xyz monster with the same type and attribute as the chosen monster whose level/rank is less then or equal to the total levels and ranks of those banished monsters, except a rank 10 Winged-Beast type monster (this special summon is treated as a synchro or xyz summon respectively) and if its an xyz monster, attach the top 2 cards of your graveyard to it as xyz materials. Once per turn: when a card or effect that targets this card is activated: you can negate that activation.

Used with a lightsworn engine and "honest"

[spoiler=overlay force]

Overlay-Force%20Elven%20Archer_zpsjiixol

Overlay-Force%20Summoner%20Mage_zpsl3ww4

Overlay-Force%20Emerald%20Gunner_zps3u6c

Overlay-Force%20Dark%20Angel_zpslwficl6l

Overlay-Force%20Royal%20Archer_zpsxvmiqv

Overlay-Force%20Shadow%20Concealment_zps

Rank-Up-Magic%20Overlay-Force_zpsrnr3wey

May be used with "Raid Raptor" xyz monsters after a certain story event.

Edit: After reading people's replies, I'm probably not going to write this fic and if I do, I'm certainly not going to post it here! My protagonist was going to be an anthropomorphic fox with the ability to shape shift so he can disguise himself as a human to enter the cup. However, given the infinite maturity (sarcasm) around what most people call "furries", I'm absolutely disgusted and you won't get any chapters from me!

• 5 weeks later...

LOOK AT ME! I'M POSTING IN A MONTH OLD TOPIC!

The archetype a character uses to duel with is as unimportant as a Jedi's lightsaber sword color. That is to say, it's only important if you assign it some kind of importance.

All these cards are wildly different and none of them seem to connect or flow into anything. That says, to me at least, that you haven't (at the time of posting) given the protagonist much thought.

Plan your protagonist, what his likes are, what are his dislikes, and the cards should come naturally. They should be an extension of his character. Is he quick to act and quick to anger? An aggressive deck with explosive plays comes to mind. Is he cool, calm and quiet. Maybe something water, or something with spellcaster?

If you can mix and match and plug in anything and have the story still work the same... then clearly the decks aren't that important to the story.

On-topic: NOT Kitsune Hero. Furries? Only 3 monsters? LV monsters? Get out.

LOOK AT ME! I'M POSTING IN A MONTH OLD TOPIC!

The archetype a character uses to duel with is as unimportant as a Jedi's lightsaber sword color. That is to say, it's only important if you assign it some kind of importance.

All these cards are wildly different and none of them seem to connect or flow into anything. That says, to me at least, that you haven't (at the time of posting) given the protagonist much thought.

Plan your protagonist, what his likes are, what are his dislikes, and the cards should come naturally. They should be an extension of his character. Is he quick to act and quick to anger? An aggressive deck with explosive plays comes to mind. Is he cool, calm and quiet. Maybe something water, or something with spellcaster?

If you can mix and match and plug in anything and have the story still work the same... then clearly the decks aren't that important to the story.

On-topic: NOT Kitsune Hero. Furries? Only 3 monsters? LV monsters? Get out.

I would have listened to you if not for that last line. Yugioh does have a beast-warrior type you know, so what you distastefully called "Furries" as actually pretty normal for the game.

edit: Clearly you didn't read the print at the bottom of each spoiler saying what official cards would also be used.

edit2: See first post for an update

Archived