Ivor Phantasmal Templar (Unalterable, Untouchable, Unstoppable)

Black D'Sceptyr

ivor_phantasmal_templar_by_bdsceptyr-dag

[spoiler=Ivor Phantasmal Templar: Errata]

LIGHT/Warrior-Type Synchro Effect Monster/Level 8/2800 ATK/2000 DEF

Lore: 1 Tuner + 1 Level 6 non-Tuner monster
Must be Synchro Summoned using an "Ebon" or "Ivor" monster as a Material, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Each player can only activate 1 Spell/Trap Card per turn. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: You can target 1 monster in your Graveyard; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to that target's ATK, also if that target was a Normal Monster, this card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. These changes last until the End Phase.

And for today's last introduction into the Ebon/Ivor Week, I've brought you the Synchro variant of Mirage Knight! Tad OP? Maybe. But immeasurably awesome for a Level 8 Synchro? Absolu-toise. 

iU8EggM.png

Here's the previous lineup of Ivor, to get you up to speed of how you can get up to him: 

Ivor Protector Templar: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356461-ivor-protector-templar-because-the-dark-magician-knight-belongs-to-us/

Ivor Inferno Templar: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356459-ivor-inferno-templar-a-dark-flare-for-disruption/

Ivor Fragment Templar: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356456-ivor-fragment-templar-the-eternal-soul-expands-with-me/

iU8EggM.png

May the reviews and revelry come in abundance. 

BDS, signing off. (For reals this time, my fingers are killin' me.)

UPDATE I: Fixed up Phantasmal Templar's effect. Also, here the link for the newest member of the Ebon lineup, the Arsenal Magician: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/356517-ebon-arsenal-magician-well-written-weaponized-witchcraft/

UPDATE II: Decided to key back Phantasmal Martyr to a bit of a more traditional format, on the condition that Synchro Summoning is the ONLY way to bring him out.

Wow, as a floodgate this thing is really powerful. Granted it dies pretty easily to any forms of removal, but if you prevent your opponent from using that out that turn, they probably won't be able to stop you, especially if they're running Synchro spam. It also kind of feels like a win more card since it requires a Synchro or Fusion monster as its material, and in order to get that with the DM lineup you have now, you're going to need a lot of Spellcasters to get the level on your new tuner low enough. The effect does actually benefit DM extraordinarily, as they love to disrupt the opponent, and Special Summon during their turn, so that's great, and benefits the theme of control. It's a bit disappointing that effect for attack gain activates, as it does give more chance for it to be negated, but at least it means it won't be Armades'd, so it's a fair trade-off. The banishing clause is also good, because it wouldn't be fair to make this thing such a great floodgate, and have it basically immune to being destroyed by battle. Though again, the summoning condition feels strange, as I think I'd have an easier time summoning this in Blue-Eyes than DM, even with your new support, and couple it with Number 38 for a free Spell negate each turn leaves your opponent most likely unable to do anything.

Wow, as a floodgate this thing is really powerful. Granted it dies pretty easily to any forms of removal, but if you prevent your opponent from using that out that turn, they probably won't be able to stop you, especially if they're running Synchro spam. It also kind of feels like a win more card since it requires a Synchro or Fusion monster as its material, and in order to get that with the DM lineup you have now, you're going to need a lot of Spellcasters to get the level on your new tuner low enough. The effect does actually benefit DM extraordinarily, as they love to disrupt the opponent, and Special Summon during their turn, so that's great, and benefits the theme of control. It's a bit disappointing that effect for attack gain activates, as it does give more chance for it to be negated, but at least it means it won't be Armades'd, so it's a fair trade-off. The banishing clause is also good, because it wouldn't be fair to make this thing such a great floodgate, and have it basically immune to being destroyed by battle. Though again, the summoning condition feels strange, as I think I'd have an easier time summoning this in Blue-Eyes than DM, even with your new support, and couple it with Number 38 for a free Spell negate each turn leaves your opponent most likely unable to do anything.

Thanks for your counsel. I have some new ideas to take the Martyr, since I've decided making some new Ivor/Ebon monsters, so keep a look out.

Okay, big problem with this card now. You added the "unaffected by other cards' effect" clause, on a monster that potentially reaches 5300 with its effect, such that it has no outs except Kaijus, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, and Honest. Usually if a monster reaches over 3500 with that kind of effect, it has some downside, Summoned Lord Exodia returns a piece to the hand each turn, weakening it be 1000 each time, and The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix is sent to the Graveyard at the end of the turn. you could argue the banishment thing, but still that requires them to attack into this card and self inflict some serious damage, and if you have Imperial Iron Wall up, it won't matter anyway, as that negative effect is eliminated. Also, it honestly feels even less tied to DM as is, just splash an Ivor monster in a deck that can make Trishula, and they'll probably be able to make this thing.

Okay, big problem with this card now. You added the "unaffected by other cards' effect" clause, on a monster that potentially reaches 5300 with its effect, such that it has no outs except Kaijus, Crystal Wing Synchro Dragon, and Honest. Usually if a monster reaches over 3500 with that kind of effect, it has some downside, Summoned Lord Exodia returns a piece to the hand each turn, weakening it be 1000 each time, and The Winged Dragon of Ra - Immortal Phoenix is sent to the Graveyard at the end of the turn. you could argue the banishment thing, but still that requires them to attack into this card and self inflict some serious damage, and if you have Imperial Iron Wall up, it won't matter anyway, as that negative effect is eliminated. Also, it honestly feels even less tied to DM as is, just splash an Ivor monster in a deck that can make Trishula, and they'll probably be able to make this thing.

Right. I think I may wholly defer to you on an idea to properly tie this into the DM line up. All ears.

Okay, for how I'd make this thing more tied to the archetype, I'd make it require an "Ebon" or "Ivor" monster as the Tuner, and a Synchro monster as the non-tuner material. Making it require. A specific Tuner better ties it to the archetype, as specific Tuners are harder to get out, and are less splashable in decks than Synchro monsters to use as a ladder. As I mentioned in the Ebon synchro monster, it'd be beneficial to have level manipulation for that card, such that it can make the Level 6 synchro, a level 7 to tune into this, or make your synchros a level lower if you're using your high level "Ivor" tuner. Finally, I'd ditch that unaffected bit, make this card such that it spins Synchro Warrior monsters in the Graveyard into the Extra Deck during either player's turn, as long as you control a Dark Magician, so their awesome effects can be reused, and it gains attack equal to half of the sent monsters ATK. Also, just give it general Destruction protection, so it won't blow up by Eternal Soul. Then remove than banishing thing, as you don't need it anymore.

Edit: Oh yeah, you could also probably slap targeting protection on this too, similar to Chaos Max Dragon. This thing while having no potential to brick you, is a bit harder to get out than Chaos Max, so it could make for a smart counterpart to that behemoth,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived