[Leaderboard] - Rainbow Quasar vs Black D'Sceptyr (Voting)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

-All Leaderboard rules apply

-First to 3 votes or most votes by deadline wins.

-All voters must elaborate on their votes or else the vote will be rejected.

-Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they don't accept it.

-Card C votes are allowed in case the voter thinks both cards don't deserve a vote but must elaborate on why he/she thinks so.

-Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

-Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity

-In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

-The deadline for entries is September 23, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-The contest ends on September 25, 12:00 AM, GMT+2

-In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

-The winner gets a rep from the loser.

-All voters get a rep for voting

Requirements:

Challenger's choice (SPYRAL card)

Entries:

[spoiler=Card A]SPYRAL Rogue Rival

DARK / Level 5

Psychic/Tuner/Effect

During either player's Battle Phase, if this card is in your hand: You can return 1 "SPYRAL Gear" card you control to the hand; Special Summon this card. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell or Trap); excavate the top card of your opponent's Deck, and if it is the declared card type, negate the effects of 1 face-up card currently on the field. If "SPYRAL Super Agent" is on the field: You can pay 1000 LP and shuffle this card into the Deck; Set 1 Normal Trap Card directly from your Deck.

1500/1950

[spoiler=Card B]SPYRAL Reverse Agent

EARTH / Level 4

Warrior/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "SPYRAL Super Agent" from your Deck. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target up to 2 of your banished "SPYRAL" cards; add them to your hand. You can only activate each effect of "SPYRAL Reverse Agent" once per turn.

1200/1900

1. Challenge requests and votes MUST be submitted via posting on your own in the thread itself

Effective 7/9/2016

Requests/votes that are either PM'd or come from any other source other than a direct post by you will not be accepted. 

I need to inform you that PM requests for 1v1s aren't permitted under the section rules. If he wanted to 1v1 you, then he needed to post in the thread.

If he has already sent you the cards, then I'll let it pass (but for the rest of you, keep this in mind).

Card A has some nice shenanigans, especially as Big Red is a thing and the other gear as an on summon effect, so that's nice. Basically, you can just activated Big Red on Super Agent in your Graveyard, enter Battle Phase (as you've popped their rippling) then activate this guy's effect. And then, you can either Synchro Summon (unlikely because Level 9 unless you have a Level 1 somehow like quik fix or drone. Wow, that actually works really well, Level 10 Synchro with you Normal Summoning Quick FIx or Drone, so forget what I said) or set a Normal Trap from your Deck...which so far doesn't really have a use in the archetype (unless SPYRALs are getting a Trap in RATE, idk) but I guess you can set Bottomless or Rippling with. Gives you a reason to run Rafflesia, though.

Card B is useful in getting Super Agent out, and basically R4s with a S/T pop, which is nice. The second effect....meh. I mean, you only have 1 SPYRAL that banishes itself so far, and I guess you could recover cards your opponent banishes, but for the moment the first effect is only the really useful one. I know i haven't said much about it, but the archetype is small for the moment, so there's not much I can say for the simple effects.

Voting for Card A, as Card B seems to have a lot less potential as the archetype expands. The banishing could be a thing, but considering the genericness of the effect, Card A seems to fit more with the current playstyle, and the effects are a bit stronger than B's.

Archived