[Leaderboard] Rainbow Quasar vs ~nya~ (Closed)

Abdelrahman

Rules:

▪ All Leaderboard rules apply

▪ Best of 3 votes, or most votes by deadline wins.

▪ All voters must elaborate on their votes.

▪ Both contestants have the right to refuse votes, but must explain why they refuse the vote.

▪ You are permitted to vote C if you do not feel that either card deserves to win by virtue of design.

▪ Cards must be PM'd to me, preferably written.

▪ Non-Written cards will be converted into written format to ensure anonymity.

▪ Remove any evidence of the card being made by you to ensure anonymity.

▪ In case a downtime or an emergency happens, the deadlines may be extended.

Deadlines:

▪ The deadline for entries is 2 days after accepting a challenger.

▪ The contest ends 3 days after the cards are uploaded.

▪ In case of a challenger failing to meet the above deadline without explanation, the challenger slot will open up again, at which point it becomes first-come-first-serve between the previous challenger's and new submissions.

Rewards:

▪ The winner gets a rep from the loser.

▪ All voters get a rep for voting.

Requirements:

▪ Make a card for any existing Archetype.

Card A:

Wind Witch - Hail Bell

Level 4 / WIND

Spellcaster/Tuner/Effect

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a "Wind Witch" monster: You can Special Summon 1 "Wind Witch" Tuner monster from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Wind Witch - Hail Bell" once per turn.

1600/0

Card B:

Cyber Arena

Field Spell Card

Once per turn: You can add discard 1 "Cyber Dragon" monster; add 1 "Cyber Dragon" monster with a different name from your Deck to your hand. If you would Fusion Summon a "Chimeratech" Fusion Monster, you can use 1 "Cyber Dragon" from your Deck as 1 of its Fusion Materials. If this card in the Field Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 "Power Bond" or "Fusion" card from your Deck to your hand, except "Diffusion Wave-Motion".

Card A basically has Ice Bell's burn effect on it for whatever reason; I guess this is supposed to be related, but w/e. For the most part, get Ice Bell out via its SS effect, burn the opponent, summon this and burn, proceed to make Winter Bell, then have this summon another copy of itself or Snow Bell for Crystal if you want. Wind Witches don't have a ton of support right now, so you really only have Winter to trigger this off of (although you can probably turn 1 it anyway). It's still a Level 4 Tuner with decent enough stats, and lets them access the 7/8 pool faster for the time being.

Card B is a faster searcher for CyDras (or a secondary one next to Repair Plant). Speaking of Plant however, this card combos well with it (discard something to trigger this, search something and then play Repair Plant for another search). Second effect is still more Graveyard setup, though for the most part, it's limited to Rampage Dragon (remind me who uses Overdragon nowadays), but that's still on the lines of a mini Future Fusion. Final effect is nice for grabbing Overload Fusion to capitalize on the amount of CyDras you'll have in the Graveyard to use (or really something to get the ED bosses out at high power).

-----

Card A: Sets up an instant Winter Bell off of Ice, then sets up for Crystal with a 16/0 body on the side.

Card B: Graveyard set-up for CyDras to enable searching and combos, searches Power Bond / Overload if it gets popped.

Voting A in this case as it gives Wind Witches some needed support (or rather something to increase their size); outside of a quicker Winter Bell (or really any generic Level 7 Synchro), it's not going to do anything nuts (at least for now).

While B does a lot for CyDras, it does a bit too much in terms of Graveyard setup, especially in tandem with the other supports. I'll admit that CyDras do need a boost though.

----

(If I need to look over the vote, I'll do so later on, as it's 1:53 am at the time of writing this)

Archived