Elemental HERO Space Neos (Bring Back the NEO-SPACIANS!)

Abdelrahman

ac4qc2.png

Elemental HERO Space Neos

LIGHT / Level 7

Warrior / Effect

This card's name becomes "Elemental HERO Neos" while it's on the field or in the Graveyard. You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by discarding 1 card. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 2 "Neo-Spacian" monsters with different names from your Deck and/or Graveyard. You can only use the effect of "Elemental HERO Space Neos" once per turn.

I think it should be able to discard any card. Neo Spacians don't exactly have a searcher for you to fulfill the requirements, and the more you have in your Graveyard, the less useful the effect sounds. 

The discard being a cost is something I'm not entirely sold on. You see, as unused as Cross Porter is (which is understandable) this card is another addition to the "made it lose the timing" list. I think it would be better if you discarded any card right after the Summon. It'll be easier to bring out and it'll have at least one more potential searcher for experimentation (which Cross Porter at least works with Reinforce Truth and Foolish Burial) and or even throw in other Graveyard-happy cards (I confess I'm guilty of thinking of Jaden's cards here, Dandylion, Necro Gardna, Necroshade.... that's bad, right? ).

The effect of Summoning 2 sounds necessary. It being a +1 that gives you a beater, possibly a contact Fusion of your choice plus an extra Spacian OR a triple contact in one go. I really would like for it to be able to grab from the Deck or Graveyard, but that sounds odd. Personally with my Jaden fanboyism I'd make it "Summon 1 from your Deck/Graeyard" and "2 from Deck/Graveyard under Neo Space" or something like that.... but it's not per say necessary. xD

Now we just need a searcher/recycler for Instant Neo Space and Miracle Contact and we'd be set with a good "3 different HERO Neos versions" to fill an anime deck. Of course, that'd have to be another card, we can't pack everything into one xD

If this was any deck other than Neo Spacians I'd say this card is ridiculously overpowered. As is now, it's fine, Neo-Spacians won't become super relevant from this. More often than not, it'd probably just be used for Air Hummingbird OTK decks in combination with A Hero Lives, and Contact Out!. I wish they'd treated the deck better, so cards like these wouldn't be necessary to make the deck perform somewhat decently, but that's Konami's fault, not yours. Only worrying thing is that you could possibly go +1 or 2 with Space Gift and this card. Also, you should probably say 2 Neo-Spacians with different names, so people can't make double Air Neos.

I feel this card will be used more for making a Rank3 with the Neo-Spacians after using their effects if able, rather than going for a Contact Fusion, considering that you need a Neo-Space card to make the fusions.

Not saying that it's broken nor anything, since the low power of Neo Spacian decks will in a way balance the power play this card enables, but I suspect that Rank3 Xyz Summoning isn't its intended use, but rather assisting in Neos contact fusions.

Archived