[CCStarterDeckProject] Lyvanin, Outcast Paladin - Level4 Scale3 Warrior Pendulum

Darj

eJN6Vk7.jpg?1

Lyvanin, Outcast Paladin
Attribute: DARK
Type: Warrior/Pendulum/Effect
Level: 4
ATK: 1400
DEF: 1500
Scale: 3
Pendulum Effect:
Once per turn, during your Main Phase, OR if a monster is Special Summoned during your opponent's turn: You can target face-up 1 monster your opponent controls; it loses ATK and DEF equal to its Level/Rank x 100, until the End Phase. During either player's turn: You can target 1 monster you control whose ATK or DEF is lower than its original ATK or DEF; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, the ATK and DEF of that monster becomes equal to its original ATK and DEF + 100.

Monster Effect:
Once per turn, if an opponent's monster attacks while this card is in face-up Defense Position, during damage calculation: The ATK of the attacking monster is halved, during damage calculation only.

So, this is my attempt of a contribution for the CC Starter Deck Project

I tried to go for a theme of ATK/DEF modifications to ultimately protect your monsters. I went for a Pendulum monster since the project is lacking of them as of now. Keep in mind that although as a Pendulum it can be relatively easy to bring back, the Monster Effect is mandatory, allowing the opponent to play around it by a bit.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments, are welcomed.

See why I wanted you to post a thread on it?
When you suggested that second Pendulum Effect, I thought you were telling me that it was all there was to the Pendulum Effect.

When we are in real time throwing around ideas, it becomes unclear what was no longer around and what's still sticking around, and with a card that used to have like 5 effects, no way can I really keep track in real time xD

Once per turn, during your Main Phase OR if a monster is Special Summoned during your opponent's turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; it loses ATK and DEF equal to its Level/Rank x 100, until the End Phase. During either player's turn: You can target 1 monster you control whose ATK and/or DEF is lower than its original ATK and/or DEF; Special Summon this card from your Pendulum Zone, and if you do, the ATK and DEF of that monster becomes equal to its original ATK and DEF + 100.

^Explanation.

-OR: It makes 2 choices that are connected easier to divide. Unions do it.

-face-up 1 : 1 face-up.... Inverted.

-End Phase: You could say it as you have it but it's kinda longer, and I know there's a difference but will this card really take advantage of it? xD IDK

-and/or: if you say "or" it already includes "and" in the possibilities in many cases, this being one of them.

- - - - - - - -

Now, about the card as a whole:

-I'd personally (and can't stretch "personally" enough in here) prefer this as a Scale 3, that way it could make up a Scale with my Axolotl (1:3) and with my Emyssary (3:7). The latter which could include a copy of itself. It'd be overall more versatile.

-The ATK/DEF weakening effect (still talking about the Pendulum Effect) is small but effective. It happens upon Summon so it is easier to know what you are jumping into when entering the Battle Phase. Combined with my Axolotl's Monster Effect will on average help your average 1800 ATK beater take down anything of up to 2600 of whatever position it's in (assuming it goes against Level 4s, otherwise higher Levels = higher take-down). Solid.

-The second Pendulum Effect, well it's a one-time effect. It is currently made to counter an opponent that's also running this card at the moment. At least until we make more cards that can weaken monsters. Makes the Pendulum Scale feel so filled up, especially in comparison to the Monster Effect box. Though that's not a genuine complaint.

-I think the Monster Effect, even as mandatory, can be a bit harsh coming from a monster that'll be able to come back while a Scale allows it, and that demands an opponent's monster to have over 2800 ATK to take it down, and that's if you don't combo it with something like the Axolotl which would make this 1800 ATK (3600 to tie with it).

I recommend its effect to be an option only while in Defense Position. Your opponent will be willing to clash to a wall, take damage, and waste an attack, without also sacrificing a monster.

That's about all I'd to to it, everything else is fine xD

Thank you for the corrections. I will update the card fixed sometime later today.

As for the Monster Effect, yeah, I agree it is a good idea for the effect to be only live while the monster is in DEF. Another option is lowering its ATK. Any thoughts on this option?

Thank you for the corrections. I will update the card fixed sometime later today.

As for the Monster Effect, yeah, I agree it is a good idea for the effect to be only live while the monster is in DEF. Another option is lowering its ATK. Any thoughts on this option?

I thought about it, but as soon as we have as much as an Axe of Despair or Mage Power, it'll probably become impossible to get off the field without monster removal, and I'm trying to tone own on card removal effects as much as possible xD

But I mean, yeah.... it's also a legit option to lower the ATK.... I thought about suggesting something along the lines of 800-ish, but I personally like the Defense Position idea better. Even if it can't be Pendulum Summoned into Defense Position, it's own Pendulum Effect helps already.

Which is what I'm mostly aiming for with Pendulums. Rather than needing a full Scale to work, their Pendulum Effects are essentially self-sufficient Continuous Spells, and the Pendulum Summoning is just a bonus that can be unlocked.

Right. Requiring DEF position sounds like a better choice, and I don't want to strip it from having decent ATK for combat either. Also, forgot Axolotl was Scale 1 so definitely will make it 3; I want this card to allow the Pendulum Summon of Level2s, too.

I have to state how long the ATK drop ends or otherwise it will be permanent, and "during damage calculation only" is the shortest option, and I thought it would be the safest one considering all the little nerfs this card has got. The next option is "until the damage step", which is not that big of a difference; I can go for that if the "damage calculation" redundancy is too bothersome to read.

I have to state how long the ATK drop ends or otherwise it will be permanent, and "during damage calculation only" is the shortest option, and I thought it would be the safest one considering all the little nerfs this card has got. The next option is "until the damage step", which is not that big of a difference; I can go for that if the "damage calculation" redundancy is too bothersome to read.

mmm actually, nevermind. It looks like yoou are right. I should have checked what I'm checking right now last night, but here's a sample of Injection Fariy Lily's erratas and yeah, it's written like that.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Injection_Fairy_Lily

Archived