[CC Starter Deck] [Written] Squared-Up Pot

Sleepy

Project Page:
https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359226-cc-starter-deck-project/?do=findComment&comment=6955941

[Quick-play Spell Card]

Draw 1 card for each face-up Level 4 monster your opponent controls. You can only activate the effect of "Squared-Up Pot" once per turn.

This card was inspired by a Supporter Card from Pokemon's TCG I stumbled upon, which made the player draw 1 x the number of basic Pokemon of your opponent. Level 4 being more or less the most common Level in Yugioh, especially in a slow format like this project's I think it would be fairly common.

Comments/Suggestions welcomed and encouraged.

I find this fun and interesting. Level4 is the most common Level, after all. I think it even has potential in the regular TCG/OCG formats, at the very least at a casual level, but after turning it into a Quick-Play Spell; that way you can, let's say, play it during the opponent's turn before he/she goes for a Rank4 play; if he/she swarms the field with Level4s before Xyzing, then more profit for you.

I find this fun and interesting. Level4 is the most common Level, after all. I think it even has potential in the regular TCG/OCG formats, at the very least at a casual level, but after turning it into a Quick-Play Spell; that way you can, let's say, play it during the opponent's turn before he/she goes for a Rank4 play; if he/she swarms the field with Level4s before Xyzing, then more profit for you.

That's a good idea xD

Only worry I have about it is that making it a Quick-play would nerf the hard OPT clause, which wouldn't be an issue in the real game, but for the project it kind of sounds like the equivalent to Super Rejuvenation in Dragon Rulers.

I don't think I could get out hand by using this in 2 consecutive turns, since, in the case you play this during the opponent's turn, chances are the opponent won't keep any Level4s on his/her field, so if you have another copy of this in your hand, most likely it won't be live during your turn. However, in the project I'm more worried about Pendulum Summons: It seems to me that Pendulum summoning will be a strong playstyle, so chaining this to the Pendulum Summon of multiple Level4s through could put you dangerously waaaay ahead. Thinking about it, this also applies to regular TCG/OCG, but it should be more acceptable there since it is a more aggressive format, and then this card works as a mind-game card that discourages the opponent from Pendulum swarming with Level4s.

That is a an interesting way of looking at things. The Mirror Force/Heavy Storm of the format popped up [/inb4somebody runs all Level 3s].

Maybe it's not AS strong as a mental break. Level 4 is the most popular/supported Level in the game (both this format and IRL so far), but it is still 1/4 of the Levels that can be inherenetly used as light (easy to Summon) pieces. Plus Pendulum Summon being able to bring out Leve 5+ monsters, even in the special format we have, the scales extend as much as < 1 and 7 >

Well in any case, yeah I think I'll make it a Quick-play *goes to edit post*

Also, if we can have an "Ojama Trio" kind of card, but with Level 4 Tokens, that'd be great :v

That is a an interesting way of looking at things. The Mirror Force/Heavy Storm of the format popped up [/inb4somebody runs all Level 3s].

Maybe it's not AS strong as a mental break. Level 4 is the most popular/supported Level in the game (both this format and IRL so far), but it is still 1/4 of the Levels that can be inherenetly used as light (easy to Summon) pieces. Plus Pendulum Summon being able to bring out Leve 5+ monsters, even in the special format we have, the scales extend as much as < 1 and 7 >

Well in any case, yeah I think I'll make it a Quick-play *goes to edit post*

Also, if we can have an "Ojama Trio" kind of card, but with Level 4 Tokens, that'd be great :v

A Level4 Ojama Trio; now that would be just plain evil xD

I went on looking for possible ways to give your opponent multiple Level4s, but so far I have not found any method that is barely feasible. At first I thought on Foolish Revival --> Phantom Skyblaster, but it turns out Revival Summons from the opponent's grave, not yours.

Fake edit: I found something: "Give and Take" can do that trick, also Bone Temple Block while only Skyblaster is in your grave; good luck with that :v

Archived