[CC Starter Deck] [Written] Reinforcement from the Stars

Sleepy

Project: https://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/359226-cc-starter-deck-project/

[spell Card]

Choose a Level, then shuffle 2 monsters of that Level into the Deck (1 from your hand and 1 from your Graveyard). If you do, add 1 monster of that Level from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate the effect of "Reinforcement from the Stars" once per turn.

If the card sounds a bit confusing, this is a sample Level. Choose say.... 7:
-Return a Level 7 monster from Graveyard to Deck

-Return a Level 7 monster from hand to Deck

-We good? Then add 1 Level 7 from your Deck to your hand.

^That's how the card works.

Basically, a RotA (Reinforcements of the Army), but more generic.

Though since the project is basically a starter Deck, one of these with a hard OPT clause, a bit more setup needed, and being ultimately a -1, I thought it could get away with it.

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions? =)

So, I cannot but associate it with One for One in that it's a -1 search that costs a monster, but instead puts the monster cost back into the Deck and the searched card on the hand. Not to mention it needs further setup by requiring a monster of the same Level in the hand and grave. Yeah, I think you can get away with this one: it may be a omni-search, but all the setup required should effectively keep it in check. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some decks found a way to abuse it somehow, despite the -1 and requirements. I mean, searching for a monster that pluses on its own can offset the -1 and/or may very well be worth the -1 if it kickstarts combos. But that's something that has to been seen first IMO.

So, I cannot but associate it with One for One in that it's a -1 search that costs a monster, but instead puts the monster cost back into the Deck and the searched card on the hand. Not to mention it needs further setup by requiring a monster of the same Level in the hand and grave. Yeah, I think you can get away with this one: it may be a omni-search, but all the setup required should effectively keep it in check. Although I wouldn't be surprised if some decks found a way to abuse it somehow, despite the -1 and requirements. I mean, searching for a monster that pluses on its own can offset the -1 and/or may very well be worth the -1 if it kickstarts combos. But that's something that has to been seen first IMO.

Speaking of the IRL game, imagine running Thunder Dragon in Artifacts xD

This card runs on a principle I used to follow when I was a newer member on the site: Making consistency cards = -1 plays.

Back then +0/+1 searchers with no setup required were mostly limited/banned/bannable cards, so this is what I pictured a fair generic search would more or less look like.

This is no longer the case though. I think Stratos effects are pretty much the standard [/#freeStratos] but... yeah. xD

#freeStratos yeah! I fully support the cause xD

Forgot to mention that for the purposes of the project, the card should be fine, since it shouldn't be as easy to set it up. But on TCG/OCG formats, IDK... really feeling some decks out there will manage to break it despite the -1; some key monsters can be that valuable.

#freeStratos yeah! I fully support the cause xD

Forgot to mention that for the purposes of the project, the card should be fine, since it shouldn't be as easy to set it up. But on TCG/OCG formats, IDK... really feeling some decks out there will manage to break it despite the -1; some key monsters can be that valuable.

Yeah, although none really come to mind immediately.

First thing I thought of was PePe decks that have such an absurd amount of search that they could easily mitigate the cost and probably exchange some Level 4 P-Pal with something like an Ariadne or a Level 3 for Eccentrick Archfiend. Though it is hard to also pin point how much decks THAT fast and consistent would actually need the search, and at what point the benefit outweighs the minus.

I think Zarc Magicians have a Level4 they want to get ASAP, but as a mostly, if not fully depending in the variant I guess, Pendulum deck, it shouldn't be as easy for them to get a monster in the grave; the same goes to M&Ms. I'm suspecting of Zoodiacs with their Molmorat loop; heck, this could potentially put a Molmorat in the grave back into the Deck to be Summoned again and get a normally unsearchable Level4 in the process.

I think Zarc Magicians have a Level4 they want to get ASAP, but as a mostly, if not fully depending in the variant I guess, Pendulum deck, it shouldn't be as easy for them to get a monster in the grave; the same goes to M&Ms. I'm suspecting of Zoodiacs with their Molmorat loop; heck, this could potentially put a Molmorat in the grave back into the Deck to be Summoned again and get a normally unsearchable Level4 in the process.

PePe/M&M usually get Graveyard through detaching, and can once in a while draw into a Twin Twister I suppose.

Though what I haven't carefully thought about is on the sequence of the combos. By the time the Graveyard is there it might be too late, as grabbing pieces is meant to help start up combos, which would have already began in some scenarios xD

PePe/M&M usually get Graveyard through detaching, and can once in a while draw into a Twin Twister I suppose.

Though what I haven't carefully thought about is on the sequence of the combos. By the time the Graveyard is there it might be too late, as grabbing pieces is meant to help start up combos, which would have already began in some scenarios xD

Oh, right, by the time you get a monster on the grave, a combo was already started and then this would just turn into a a follow-up or overkill play.

I was thinking you could be a pro an use Foolish Burial to get that monster on the grave, but then it becomes a -2 card search in most cases :v (-1 if the milled monster generates a plus like, let's say, a Shaddoll except Falco).

Archived