Ultraviolet Fusion Dragon

DuelFanta

Hello everyone i've been hangin on to this card for a awile and just been dying to post this so here it is Likewise is somewhat generic , but not entirely. just enjoy the card

8DGIt1J.png?1

[spoiler=Monster Effect]

1 "Violet" monster + 1 Level 7 or higher LIGHT monster

Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing Fusion Material Monsters from your hand/field (min. 1) or Graveyard, except "Ultraviolet Fusion Dragon". If it attacks a Special Summoned monster: You can target 1 other Fusion Monster you control; this card gains the target's ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, if an opponent's effect monster's effect is activated in response to a Fusion Summon on your side of the field: You can negate the effect of all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, destroy them. Then, this card gains 500 ATK for each monster destroyed this way.

So, I'm assuming you will make more of these "Violet" monsters to use as Fusion materials. Otherwise, you would have to use Violet Witch and fusion substitutes to Summon it. There is another Violet monster, Violet Poison Magician, but its Japanese name doesn't share any words with Witch's Japanese name, which it turn has a word that translates as violet according to the YGO wikia, so they aren't the same "Violet".

Anyway, this card is too strong to be fair. A Quick effect Fusion summoning effect, that can use materials in the graveyard at that, is too strong. And then that last effect further rubs salt on the opponent. I can get behind its second effect, but with the first and last effects, it's too overwhelming.

I would tone down the last effect to not use materials from the grave so you just can't get spammy by Fusion summoning a monster every turn, considering that getting materials for multiple Fusion Summons it the grave shouldn't be difficult nowadays. And I'm truly leaning towards watering down the last effect to only affecting the monster whose effect is being activated because, really, punishing the opponent with a nuke on all of its monsters AND then further increasing this card's ATK, it's just not fair.

This sounds like a boss for Gigaplant's deck or Plant Synchros. Just gotta make that Ancient Fairy Dragon in preparation and be sure to main that Dragon's Mirror, which Gigaplants used to sometimes use anyways because Superalloy Beast-Raptinus is fun.

The effect that gains the ATK of another of your Fusions when it battles a Special Summoned monster would be fine as is if the card didn't give you that other Fusion on its own. As is, the options I suggest are either getting rid of the Fusioning effect OR making the +ATK effect only work when your monster attacks (instead of whenever it battles). I personally would opt for the latter.

The negation effect is nuts, but also conditional. I can't think off the top of my head what monster effects would do it. Still, I'd personally nerf the effect to only working with opponent's monster effects, otherwise you just need to find a way to trigger this yourself and then it becomes pretty broken.

Finally, the Fusioning effect. First, it shouldn't be a quick effect.

Second: As is, it doesn't seem to do anything out of normal with the materials. If the material(s) were to be in your hand/field, that material(s) will be sent to the Graveyard as normal. Otherwise cards already in the Graveyard are gonna be staying in the Graveyard. It also doesn't require any amount to be out of the Graveyard to work, which means it can be a free quick Fusion Summon every turn and that's just not fair.

To solve that, my suggestion might make the card's effect unrealistically long and it is already pretty borderline as it is.

Still, it should require at least 1 Fusion Material to be on your hand/field, and it should banish the Fusion Materials a la Dragon's Mirror/Miracle Fusion. This would let you +0 Fusion Summon at the cost of some setup. Keep in mind this is still a generic Fusion Summoning effect and some Fusions you could bring out with this are still gonna more than make up for it.

If a card's text is ever too long, and the card has a material requirement, you can add a / right after the materials to avoid skipping a line to start the effect. This is something official used in this card IRL http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beatrice,_Lady_of_the_Eternal

All in all, the effect with all my suggestions would look something like this:

1 "Violet" monster + 1 Level 7 or higher LIGHT monster/ Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing Fusion Material Monsters from your hand/field (min. 1) or Graveyard, except "Ultraviolet Fusion Dragon". If it attacks a Special Summoned monster: You can target 1 other Fusion Monster you control; this card gains the target's ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, if an opponent's effect monster's effect is activated in response to a Fusion Summon on your side of the field: You can negate the effect of all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, destroy them. Then, this card gains 500 ATK for each monster destroyed this way.

Of course if it doesn't end up as long, you can always go the old school way (same effect as this^)

1 "Violet" monster + 1 Level 7 or higher LIGHT monster

Once per turn: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck by banishing Fusion Material Monsters from your hand/field (min. 1) or Graveyard, except "Ultraviolet Fusion Dragon". If it attacks a Special Summoned monster: You can target 1 other Fusion Monster you control; this card gains the target's ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, if an opponent's effect monster's effect is activated in response to a Fusion Summon on your side of the field: You can negate the effect of all face-up monsters your opponent controls, and if you do, destroy them. Then, this card gains 500 ATK for each monster destroyed this way.

Decided to go the old fashioned way

Would like to thank you for your comments and critique , and have taken these changes into consideration, thanks so much I had a feeling the quick effect was a little bit and Sleepy your interpretation of the cards effect is much better except I don't think you can activate card effects on a fusion summon because of it's inhearentcy , which is why I said response to fusion summoned MONSTER as appose to that.. meaning effect , and attack.. but thanks anyways, I have changed its effect tho and realized I should have said in response to an Opponents card effect

because that can be a bit busted and the using materials in the graveyard as apposed to banishing them is something that I overlooked , so thanks for pointing that out.

PS when my grandma read your post she completely misunderstood thinking you were talking about the actual graveyard xD lol

Archived