Rubicante, the Autarch of Flame

Fu Manchu

azhAfJB.jpg

Card Description:

Cannot be Special Summoned. If this card is Tribute Summoned: You can inflict 800 damage to your opponent for each monster they control, and if you do, all monsters they control lose ATK and DEF equal to the damage inflicted. Once per turn: You can send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard; inflict 400 damage to your opponent for each monster they control, and if you do, all monsters they control lose ATK and DEF equal to the damage inflicted.

HOLY sheet SOMEONE ELSE HERE WATCHES THE AUTARCH I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER <3<3<3<3

Mindless fanboying aside, I quite like this as a Monarch card. It's not a vanilla immediately after using its Tribute Summon effect, and its rather high ATK lets it get over some relatively nasty beatsticks either with or without using its effect. No protection is a bit of a problem, but its nothing that the Monarch support cards can't fix.

Kinda off-topic, but are you planning on doing the other Fiends from Final Fantasy IV at some point? (Cagnazzo, Barbariccia, Scarmiglione) Kinda curious to see what you'd do with them if anything.

Also, just because it fits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJkKwk8qYE

HOLY s*** SOMEONE ELSE HERE WATCHES THE AUTARCH I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER <3<3<3<3

Mindless fanboying aside, I quite like this as a Monarch card. It's not a vanilla immediately after using its Tribute Summon effect, and its rather high ATK lets it get over some relatively nasty beatsticks either with or without using its effect. No protection is a bit of a problem, but its nothing that the Monarch support cards can't fix.

Kinda off-topic, but are you planning on doing the other Fiends from Final Fantasy IV at some point? (Cagnazzo, Barbariccia, Scarmiglione) Kinda curious to see what you'd do with them if anything.

Also, just because it fits:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvJkKwk8qYE

Hey, thanks again for leaving a comment! I just randomly found this kickass artwork of Rubicante and decided to make it into a card, but yeah, I might make the other Archfiends sometime in the near future.

This looks pretty baddass. It burns in a way that allows decks to be built around the idea, and it weakens monsters to keep beating your opponent's face in.

You can max this out in a 6000 burn plus battle damage so it can be an OTK with something like Ojama Trio or a Nightmare Archfiend Token.

Plus dat Monarch support. Though it cannot be Special Summoned so it isn't as flexible as Monarchs.

Definitely an anime boss xD

It's balance boils down to how often you can make your opponent have 5 monsters out and allow this to be dropped, and to be honest it is hard to tell.

Nice card though lol.

Archived