The Winged Dragon of Ra - Battle Mode (deserved retrain)(written)

The Highlander

We all know the Winged Dragon of Ra could not be errata'd in a regular way and that it is (hilariously) the worst of the 3 "Divine" monsters.

Staying faithful to the video games the winged dragon of ra has 3 forms and should be able to be special summoned from one's graveyard, considering that is its main function in the anime.

And I guess we can all agree the game needs a few retrains of iconic monsters (see buster blader the dragon destroyer, meteor b. dragon and a lot of the other red-eyes cards, to name only a few.)

The Winged Dragon of Ra -Battle Mode                 DIVINE

Level 10

Divine-Beast/Effect

(This card's name is always treated as "The Winged Dragon of Ra").

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set).

This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated.

When Normal or Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated.

Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps or card effects.

During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard.

This card's ATK and DEF becomes equal to the combined ATK and DEF of the monsters tributed for this card's Tribute Summon.

Once per turn, you can pay any multiple of 100 Life Points, then increase this card's ATK and DEF equal to the amount paid.

Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster on the field; Destroy that target.

ATK: ?    DEF: ?

The targeting resistance might be unnecessary, though it has been outcreeped already and Obelisk still has a few advantages over this card.

The ?/? for ATK and DEF should actually be 0 but I don't nit pick at hhow things are written. Over all I like it a lot... except it should have a draw back. Making it as strong as the anime version shouldn't be allowsed since it is incredibly borken in the anime. That being said you are missing the "I basically instant win", so eh it might be ok. Should make it say you can only control 1 to say the least though.

The ?/? for ATK and DEF should actually be 0 but I don't nit pick at hhow things are written. Over all I like it a lot... except it should have a draw back. Making it as strong as the anime version shouldn't be allowsed since it is incredibly borken in the anime. That being said you are missing the "I basically instant win", so eh it might be ok. Should make it say you can only control 1 to say the least though.

Umm the real version has ? ATK and DEF, so I felt like I should keep it.

I do not see how it is not on the level of its anime version as that one was basicly ra, ra-immortal phoenix and several other perks in one.

Could you explain how this is as strong as its anime version ?

As for the only 1 copy restriction ...  I though about something like that, though the text is long enough and controlling 2 hardly helps more than one.

Umm the real version has ? ATK and DEF, so I felt like I should keep it.

I do not see how it is not on the level of its anime version as that one was basicly ra, ra-immortal phoenix and several other perks in one.

Could you explain how this is as strong as its anime version ?

As for the only 1 copy restriction ...  I though about something like that, though the text is long enough and controlling 2 hardly helps more than one.

I'm just saying giving it most of the effects it had. It has powerful protection too. The real one has ?/? because it sets it's ATK on summon, this doesn't. Card is more or less fine, also now looking back on it I missed a couple clauses like the end phase clause and how it can't be targeted rather than unaffected, mb.

Buff up the 1k pay effect. Have it pop any card.

I tried to fix the wording as much as I could, but I'm pretty sure it still has some flaws

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal or Special Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps or card effects. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the GY. This card's Gains ATK and DEF becomes equal to the combined original ATK and DEF of the Tributed monsters Tributed for this its Tribute Summon. Once per turn: You can pay any multiple of 100 LP; then increase this card's gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount of LP paid. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

But anyways, I was about to say that Towers and the beautiful fact that thou must have MAKE YOUR OPPONENT RAGEQUIT AND OH GREAT IMMUNITY to be a good boss.exe is a thing +nobody is complaining, but then I realized how this card outclasses all dem towers gang. It's basically instant win when summoned: It cannot be Solemned nor your opponent can do something about it when summoned AND cannot be targeted by effects and so all the DIVINEs, what's your point, O BatMed-sama?

Well, my good child, this beast has the potential to surpass 5K ATK at ease... and might even surpass 10K God forbid! also at ease . AND since it's a DIVINE "Mound of the Bound Creator" will make it much STONNK and protect it from all evil boiz but Kaiju and Ignister are good boiz ! and I just realized that we have 6 Terraformings now (5 in OCG) soooo yeah ... I mean it's pretty obvious that this card is busted ...

Also lmao imagine a scenario where this FORMIDABLE 10K beatstick MEGA ULTRA CHICKEN is unable to destroy a stupid little Kozmo ship or a Majespecter pagan with its own O alimighty destruction effect.. that targets.... IMAGINE!

Jokes aside, my suggestion is to give it a good removal effect: either a quickie non-targeting destruction (somehow like Phoenix) OR a mass removal with a cost, or smtg like that. And don't worry much about its ATK since with its latest supports, "Winged Dragon of Ra" can be a handsome 4K beatstick.

Archived