Neo-Spacian Surge Cyclops

Kingdom Xathers

I'm currently in the middle of designing some new Neo-Spacian monsters, so I figured I'd show off the first one I've made, and hopefully I'll get the other 5 "Next-Gen-Spacians" done in the future.

0rywkGb.jpg

WIND/Lv 4/Thunder/Effect/1300 ATK/1000 DEF

During either player’s turn (Quick Effect): You can return 1 “Neos”/”Neo Space”/”Neo-Spacian” monster from your Graveyard to your Deck; Destroy 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls, also, 1 face-up “Neos”/”Neo Space”/”Neo-Spacian” monster you control (your choice) gains 500 ATK until the end of this turn. This effect of “Neo-Spacian Surge Cyclops” can only be used once per turn.

[spoiler=Full Image]

p5oH6pr.png

Critiques, comments, suggestions

and questions concerning this card

(and the rest of my planned Neos/pac/ian Support)

are all welcome.

I like the blue much better than the green!  It gives him a more threatening feel, in my opinion.  The art is actually fantastic.  And I love the effect too.  The versatility of being able to control backrow during either player's turn is really appealing.

Alright I'm reviewing

WIND | Level 4 | Thunder/Effect | 1300 ATK/1000 DEF

You can return 1 "Neos", "Neo Space", or "Neo-Spacian" monster from your GY to your Deck (Quick Effect): Destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls, also, increase the ATK of 1 face-up "Neos", "Neo Space", or "Neo-Spacian" monster you control by 500 until the end of the turn. You can only use this effect of "Neo-Spacian Surge Cyclops" once per turn.

This is using the proper OCGrammer for the card. It's ok I guess, but it really isn't doing anything for the archetype. Sure, it's Spell/Trap destruction, but what they really need is some cards for consistency. Instead of the Spell/Trap destruction, you could have "Special Summon 1 "Neo-Spacian" monster from your Deck." Something like that would probably REALLY help the Deck along with a retrain of Neos. Idk if that's fair though considering you're making more of them, so we'll see.

Also a warning, you're probably going to have to make Fusions for each of them too. That's a lot of cards. I would rather you make 3 Neo Spacians with Fusions than 6 without them, so if you don't want to make 12-13 cards I would go that route.

To be fair, we still haven't gotten a Twinkle Neos Fusion yet to go with Moss, but...that's likely impossible now due to Link format (or maybe not). Either way, he doesn't have to; least for the moment.

But yeah, while it does help with shuffling old stuff back and S/T removal, Neos.dek needs more summoning help; especially if you plan on posting the remainder here in Advanced. Neos got outclassed after GX, and you probably saw how the powercreep came around and made him useless. You can make fixes if you need to, but I think it'll be better to see what you come up with for the remaining 5. Card is technically fine though, but given how they function nowadays, not seeing how often you can do this; unless you run standard Fusion HEROs too. 

(For future reference [well, the next batch], just make sure you provide more details on how your new stuff will push Neos enough to function in a competitive environment.)

Archived