Board Clear that gets around all types of card effect protection, but then becomes a nuisance afterwards [AGM?]

Eshai

Tardy Attack Force

LIGHT - Level 8 - Fiend/Effect - 3300/0

While your opponent controls 2 or more monsters than you do, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls, but your opponent takes no Battle Damage from an attack involving this card. This card cannot be Tributed or used as a material in the Special Summon of a monster. At the end of the Battle Phase, if you control more cards than your opponent does: banish cards you control, so that you control the same number of cards as your opponent, or banish this card.

So a couple things:

• For reference, Tardy Orc + Goblin Attack Force
  • It's Special Summon doesn't start a chain.
  • It can kinda be a board clear that you can run at 3.
  • It gets around all kinds of card effect protection, but not battle protection
  • It can be easily abused in a lot of rogue Decks, but that's kinda the point (Skill Drain, Banish, etc)
  • Kaiju protection as a condition. (Screw Kaijus)

Originally was titled "Worst card that could possibly be realistically released into the game right now." Apparently, I'm not good at making cards like that.

Hope to hear your thoughts, but I'd rather you not spend too much time on the card since this is one of those "I spent 10 minutes on an idea I had: cards that I make sometimes.

Hullo Axe of Fools and Skill Drain, meet your new BFF for when Malefic Cyber End's cocaine bucket runs dry.

Even better, since the card's banishment effect starts a chain, you don't have to worry about losing the monster if the one thing keeping it in check doesn't take on the End Phase, too, so Excessive Burial could get in on the party as well!!

(breathes in)

Okay, I'm not really sure if this is that much of a big deal, considering the stupefying existence of  GodHimselfCouldn'tSinkThisShipButUsOnTheOtherHand.dek, (Titanic Refrences FTW) but the sheer amount of cards that could break this card over its knee could pierce the heavens.

IOW, it's fine on its own, but perhaps I may suggest

1) making the ATK a simple 1000 point boost over its Goblin Attack Force predecessor (3400 ATK then, enough to work over a hastily summoned 3-mat-to-1 Lightning or a Jizukiru, or...

2) the ability to attack a Normal, Flip and Special Summoned monster on the field once each to moderate the attacking effect, or....

3) its self-Summon ability putting it in Defense Position to extend plays wihout making this an instant out to bad play. Heck, you could make it Level 4 on either B or C's usage, then even on the back burner it could reward R4NK play (okay never mind on the Level option I made point A in order to help this card overcome Lightning and that would enable it)

But the most important thing is to pull the colons from its banishment effect, or anything that negates the effect turns it into a more broken Beast King Barbaros at best. Amazing card tho, I think I may even have some art to put to it if you wish.

Cheers, mate. BDS, signing off.

I was balancing it more along the lines of Beast Machine King Barbaros Ur, which never really sees play anyway so I had a buff on it. 

• The problem with Axe of Fools and Skill Drain is that they don't negate maintenance costs, which this card has (hence the Once per turn, madatory negative effect similar to Spirits). That's obviously something I could change, since I'd rather it be techable and exploitable in as many rogue Decks as possible, so I will.
  • Idk what you're talking about with Kaijus, but the point of this card was to be as exploitable in rogue Decks as possible. 
  1. 1000 ATK more than Goblin Attack Force? Maybe, but that's 3300 ATK, not 3400 (did you really forget Goblin Attack Force's ATK or are you thinking of Chainsaw Insect?)
  2. No. They already have to control 2 or more monsters than you do to actually Special Summon the card. This is in all tense and purposes a board clear similar to Raigeki. There are some things I could change about how the card works that might need to be done so that this is actually a board clear, so those sort of edits are going to try to fix that part of the card.
  3. "Cannot be Tributed or used as a Material in the Special Summon of a monster."
  • Maintenance cost will be changed

So the ATK is probably going down to 3300, but I REALLY wanted it to be able to be an out against CHAOS MAX.

Changed the maintenance effect to a sort of Struggling Battle style effect that would otherwise banish itself.

I mean let's be honest, a 3300 with no protection is not only Kaiju food but also easily cleared by Castel, Dark hole, Raigeki, Rebellion Dragon, UTL, etc.

The only thing making it overpowered is that you're allowed to play other things in the same turn as well. The same could be said about Raigeki, I suppose, but you can't search for Raigeki, you can't bring Raigeki back after it's gone, and you can't use Raigeki for Trade-In.

Basically, if Dinosaurs have proven anything, there's a heightened emphasis on high ATK as of late, considering everyone has been so used to just bringing floaters and destructionproof cards. As such, this is basically a 3x Raigeki with an avoidable cost and utility.

I would say it would be perfectly fine if you made it so that none of the summoner's monsters can inflict battle damage in that turn. This way, your opponent has a chance to react to it, the player can still make plays, and even if they use Skill Drain to negate its effect, the opponent still takes damage.

(Also, it would be funny if it were worded as "Cards summoned by this card's owner" so that Kaiju could still inflict damage).

Well, it can't be Tributed for the Special Summon of a monster, so technically it's immune to Kaijus. Despite that, it's probably getting banished anyway.

• Comparing this to Raigeki, this can't kill everything but it can get past what's now been common use: Card effect protection. The idea is that if your opponent is winning by a lot this card is great recovery against the meta, because Solemn Strike can't kill it since the Summon doesn't start a chain. Instead, this card's weakness is Battle Traps and quick-play card effect destruction, which was kinda the point. This card is also a bit more situational because they have to control at least 2 monsters. 
  • I'm not going to negate damage for the turn. For 1, it's situational enough and for 2 if you Summon other monsters you'll have to rather banish them or itself.

Again, this isn't supposed to be treated like a monster. It's a Generic Board clear similar to Raigeki. While it's probably a bit too good, I could just say it's intended to be Limited if it's too good. I don't really know what Decks would run this though since there are Decks that opt out of using Raigeki anyway.

Archived