Enter, the Jugglernauts [WRITTEN, AGM]

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

This was a fairly straightforward prompt to do with a heavy emphasis on disrupting your opponent's plays continuously before going for the kill.  Though designed to be played on its own, with the advent of the "Star" high level warrior monsters, these can be played into a different win condition if equips aren't your thing.

Here's the prompt I was working with:

Jugglernaut
Archetype of LIGHT Warriors that are kind of a parody since they are all clowns but with wrestler-like bodies, beefed and all. They each juggle different manly items, such as anvils, spiked balls, objects in fire, etc. Their playstyle is a throwback to Clown Control: they trigger disruption when their battle position is changed, plus they get the tools to enable such position changes.

They are all level 6 or higher, but have no problem in getting on the board due to built-in Summoning effects, although they do so in Defense Position so they can't really get on the offense from the get-go, unless they set up their own position-changing support. Their Spell/Trap line-up is based on changing positions of monsters on either side of the field, and for the disruptive power the monsters have effects to activate those cards during the opponent's turn from the hand, GY and even directly from the Deck. Moreover, the built-in summoning effects can be used during your opponent's turn as well, so they get to disrupt the opponent even when it goes first.

Finally, mostly for flavor, they have a handful of Equip Spells based on the aforementioned items they juggle. In addition to stats boosts, these items have combat-related effects, like piercing damage, double battle damage, and so on. The catch here is that the Jugglernauts can equip these cards to fellows Jugglernauts on the board, so in a single Battle Phase all Juggernauts are able to attack with the same Equip for the stronger punches. Finally, in order to add value to the Equip Spells, they also carry additional effects like a Reborn (e.g. Spellbook o Life), a Wonder Wand, floating, etc.

[spoiler=Monsters]
Jugglernaut Bobo
LIGHT 6*
Warrior/Effect
You can Special Summon this card from your hand in defense position.  You cannot Normal Summon a monster(s) during the turn you Special Summon this card by this effect.  If this card changes battle position: you can target 1 card your opponent controls; return it to the hand.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
2100/1900

Jugglernaut Chuckles
LIGHT 7*
Warrior/Effect
If the battle position of a monster is changed, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in defense position.  If this card changes battle position: you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; send that target to the Graveyard.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
2400/1800

Jugglernaut Dumpty
LIGHT 6*
Warrior/Effect
You can Normal Summon this monster without tributes.  If this card changes battle position: you can banish 1 monster from your opponent's Graveyard; all monsters your opponent controls lose ATK equal to the ATK of the banished monster.  Monsters whose ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect have their effects negated.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
1700/2500

Jugglernaut Jumbo
LIGHT 8*
Warrior/Effect
If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand in defense position.  If this card changes battle position: you can target up to 2 Spell/Trap cards on the field; destroy those targets.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
2800/1000

Jugglernaut Squishy
LIGHT 6*
Warrior/Effect
You can discard 1 card to Special Summon this card from your hand in defense position.  If this card changes battle position: you can send the top card from your opponent's Deck and the top card from your opponent's Extra Deck to the Graveyard.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
1900/1800

Jugglernaut Yobo
LIGHT 7*
Warrior/Effect
If you control a "Jugglernaut" monster, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand in defense position.  If this card changes battle position: you can target 1 Set card your opponent controls; return that target to the bottom of the Deck.  When this card declares an attack, you can target 1 monster you control: equip all appropriate Equip Spells you control to that target.
2000/2500

Pretty much what the prompt ordered for these.  The only thing I wasn't really able to fit was the ability to activate Spells/Traps during the opponent's turn, but I think these do enough especially since their battle position change effect isn't OPT and often are non-destructive.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps]
Jugglernaut's Ring
Field Spell
When a monster is Summoned: you can change its battle position.  If this card is destroyed: add 1 "Jugglernaut" card from your Deck to your hand.

Jugglernaut Spotlight Change
Quick-play Spell
If you control a "Jugglernaut" card: change the battle positions of all monsters on the field.  If this card is destroyed: you can add 1 "Jugglernaut" Equip Spell from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

Jugglernaut Setup
Spell
If you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 "Jugglernaut" monster from your Deck, also it gains this effect:
- Once per turn (Quick Effect): you can change the battle position of 1 monster on the field.  If you change the battle position of an opponent's monster by this effect: destroy this monster during the End Phase.
You can only activate 1 "Juggler Setup" per turn.  If this card is destroyed: draw 1 card.

Jugglernaut Feeder
Trap
Target 1 monster on the field and target 1 "Jugglernaut" monster you control; change the battle position of the first target, and if you do, equip 1 "Jugglernaut" Equip Spell to the second target.  If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Jugglernaut" monster from your Deck.

Jugglernaut Bumbling
Continuous Trap
Target 1 card you control: destroy it, and if you do, activate 1 "Jugglernaut" Spell/Trap card from your Deck.  You can banish this card from your Graveyard: change the battle position of 1 monster on the field.  If you changed the battle position of a monster your opponent controls by this effect, destroy 1 card you control.

Again, pretty in-line with what the prompt stated.  Lots of battle position change, but I added some floating effects to help increase consistency.  Thematically, it is the idea that their self destruction is akin to slapstick humor, something that would make the Jugglernaut shows potentially more popular.

[spoiler=Equip Spells]
Jugglernaut Chainsaw
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "Jugglernaut" monster.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK/DEF and inflicts piercing damage.  (Quick Effect): You can send this card to the Graveyard and target 1 monster you control; double that target's ATK until the End Phase.

Jugglernaut Bones
Equip Spell
When this card is activated, you can destroy 1 other card you control and target 1 "Jugglernaut" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, and if you do, equip this card to it.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK/DEF.  When it inflicts battle damage to your opponent, banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard.

Jugglernaut Spiked Ball
Equip Spell
When this card is activated, Special Summon 1 "Jugglernaut" monster from your hand and equip it with this card.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK/DEF.  If the equipped monster inflicts battle damage to your opponent, reduce the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls by half the damage inflicted.

Jugglernaut Anvil
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "Jugglernaut" monster.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK/DEF and inflicts doubled battle damage.  If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, you can add 1 "Jugglernaut" Equip Spell from your Deck to your hand.

Jugglernaut Fireball
Equip Spell
Equip only to a "Jugglernaut" monster.  The equipped monster gains 200 ATK/DEF and if it inflicts battle damage to your opponent, inflict 800 damage to your opponent.  You can destroy this card and the equipped monster; draw 2 cards.

I probably gave the equips a bigger role than they had in the prompt, but they are made for increasing damage output and adding utility that the monsters and the spells/traps did not have as well as a bit of a more passive swarming ability to enable the Juggler's to go on the offensive more quickly.

As always, CnC much appreciated!

Cheers!

Glad that you took my prompt.

Admittedly, I lost a bit of direction while typing it. At first I went for the Clown Control 2.0 idea, but after coming up with their gimmick of juggling manly stuff I figured they could, almost literally, juggle these items on the form of Equip Spells, and then to add value to said Equips, you can't go wrong with revival or floating effects, plus they would get better support from Isolde. I ended up putting too many gimmicks in a single archetype that IMO could easily be split into 2, perhaps this opens for ideas for sub-archetypes. Anyway, I imagined the approach for these would be to make 3 kind of Jugglernauts: ones focused on changing positions during either player's turn, others with more Equip-based effects, and of course a few ones between the two.

Regarding your take on the prompt, you even added a bit of self-destruction to their playstyle, and that makes it yet another gimmick going for them. I find funny how despite being loaded with gimmicks already, you added another one xD

I like the approach you took with the Equip Spells. A few things are what I had in mind, like the floating, the Wonder Wand and the reborn.

The position-changing Spell/Trap support is amusing, though. When writing the prompt I imagined look-alike of cards that Clown Control ran, like Enemy Controller, Tragedy, Windstorm of Etaqua, Zero Gravity, etc. but with archetype support, and activable directly from the hand/GY/Deck by the monsters. Instead you took an approach of making them float, in exchange of activating them directly.

The monsters look on the right track. They got Dream Clown-like effects in different variants, and while their last effect is repetitive, also it's something expected because of their gimmick of exchanging Equips. This is where the idea of splitting members into "focus on activating their position-changing Spell/Traps and "searching and juggling the Equips"

Still they could be a bit better, since they are missing not only the abilities to activate their position-changing Spell/Traps from hand/GY/Deck, also their ability to Summon themselves during the opponent's turn, which IMO was the highlight of the prompt: the ability to reach the field even when the opponent starts the duel, and treat any board they attempt to make with their "activate position-changing Spell/Trap from Deck" gimmick.

Finally, some mechanic mistakes I see on the Equip Spells:

Chainsaw: Quick Effect is a type of monster effect. Thus it can't be used for Spell/Traps. The "during either player's turn" clause should do instead.

Fireball: Destroying cards as a cost for effects isn't a thing, at least not yet. What you can do is be like Sky Iris/Dragonic Diagram and destroy as part of the effect.

Archived