[DISC] Mind Control [DISC]

What do you think of it now ?

in the past it was just a piece of crap,

but now that we have synchros, this card can really be helpful,

since Tuning is not considered a Tribute.

summon a tuner, mind control an opponent's monster, Synchro summon.

you get a strong monster + getting rid of an opponent's monster, sounds good

Discuss.

around where I live, this card's price doubled sinse synchros appeared (still not too expensive). being tributed for a tribute summon(monarchs) is different than synchro summon(stardust, red dragon, black rose, goyo ) .....hmmm... I wonder if this card can also work for the tributing effect of the "Arcana Force EX" & "D-HERO Plasma" monsters :)

around where I live' date=' this card's price doubled sinse synchros appeared (still not too expensive). being tributed for a tribute summon([i']monarchs[/i]) is different than synchro summon(stardust, red dragon, black rose, goyo ) .....hmmm... I wonder if this card can also work for the tributing effect of the "Arcana Force EX" & "D-HERO Plasma" monsters :)

Mind Control forbids any form of Tribute, not just Tribute Summons, so Plasma doesn't work. However, Arcana Force EX sends instead of Tributing, so it works.

around where I live' date=' this card's price doubled sinse synchros appeared (still not too expensive). being tributed for a tribute summon([i']monarchs[/i]) is different than synchro summon(stardust, red dragon, black rose, goyo ) .....hmmm... I wonder if this card can also work for the tributing effect of the "Arcana Force EX" & "D-HERO Plasma" monsters :)

It doesnt work with Plasma but Im pretty sure it works for the Arcana Force EX monsters. It's how the effects of Plasma and the EX monsters are worded.

EDIT: Crab beat me to it.

for the synchro matter' date=' mind control is better

brain can only control face-ups

[/quote']

And if Synchro material were the only gameplay mechanic in existence, that would be a convincing argument.

Newsflash: it isn't.

It doesn't exactly help that Mind Controlling the opponent's largest monsters is a waste, since their Levels are too high to be useful as Synchro Material. Add in the horrible loss of versatility in general and the fact that it relies on having Tuners present...

On a different note, however, I believe this actually did pop up in Top 16 decks now and then.

Archived