[DISC] Ivy Shackles [DISC]

Guest PikaPerson01

Eh, Fragrance Storm + This card = 2 card combo that just barely makes itself equal again, and only produces any advantage when you get off your second Fragrance Storm. Both cards are useless if you don't have the other piece of the combo.

I don't see the benefit here. Plants have no cards that can take advantage of opponent's plants outside of fragrance storm' date=' and in terms of drawing this card is worse then jar of greed.

[/quote']

You forget Black Garden's Destruction Effect. Gigantic Cephalotus also seems to benefit.

If you're running Gigantic Cephalotus you're doing it wrong.

I'm actually going to disagree with you here. Gigantic Cephalotus isn't that bad. I've used it many times, and it's been beneficial more than it has been hurtful.

I'm actually going to disagree with you here. Gigantic Cephalotus isn't that bad. I've used it many times' date=' and it's been beneficial more than it has been hurtful.

[/quote']

Botanical Lion >>>>>> Gigantic Cephalotus

I didn't say Gigantic Cephalotus was better than Botanical Lion. I merely said that Gigantic Cephalotus wasn't that bad.

Gigantic Cephalotus would benefit from Ivy Shackles, I think, whereas Botanical Lion wouldn't.

Guest Chaos Pudding

I'm thinking Konami is building towards a huge Plant boss monster that gains effects when the opponent controls a certain number of Plant monsters. Or maybe it's going to be another DAD.

Rose Armed Dragon

(Level 7/EARTH/2800/1000)

[Dragon / Effect]

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned when your opponent controls 4 or more Plant-Type monsters. Once per turn, you may gain control of 1 face-up Plant-Type monster on your opponent's side of the field until the End Phase. During your Standby Phase, Special Summon 1 Snapdragon Token (Plant-Type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 800) to your opponent's side of the field, in Attack Position. Once per turn, if this card would be removed from the field, destroy 1 Plant-Type monster on each side of the field instead. If you cannot, destroy all cards on your side of the field and Special Summon 1 Level 4 Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard.

please' date=' lrn2Plants

GC is one of the main Plant-types being run, and is one of their better monsters.

Anyway, I say it works better with World Tree than Storm.

[/quote']

If you want to kill your opponent's plants for world tree Black Garden is a much better option. Also, Botanical Lion can gain attack easier and faster than Cephalotus, and has high DEF and an anti-brain effect.

GC is one of the main Plant-types being run, and is one of their better monsters.

[/quote']

If you want to kill your opponent's plants for world tree Black Garden is a much better option. Also, Botanical Lion can gain attack easier and faster than Cephalotus, and has high DEF and an anti-brain effect.

You do seem to forget, however, that Lion can only can a certain amount of ATK. Cephalotus' ATK boost is practically unlimited.

[/quote']

You do seem to forget, however, that Lion can only can a certain amount of ATK. Cephalotus' ATK boost is practically unlimited.

Botanical Lion peeks at 3100. You can achieve this level very easily. It takes a lot of time to get Cephalotus to comparative levels, and he's unlikely to survive for that long. Don't forget lion's control effect as well, nearly every tournament I go to there's at least one fool who wastes a brain control because he didn't notice that part of the effect. He also starts at 1900, meaning almost no normal-summonable monster can attack over him. Cephalotus can be overpowered by somewhat common monsters like Rai-Oh.

Archived