No More Metagame.com?

I was looking up metagame.com and it doesnt exist anymore... So I guess this is one of the results of UDE losing the rights to distribute Yugioh packs.

O well. I guess this is better this way, bc it will stop all the future deck trends. Though the following decks are still "in style" today.

Gladiator Beast

Lightsworn

Twilight

Morphtronics (I guess)

Discuss

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metagame.com is over, it is true. And competitive play will continue, although it may take awhile. But champion deck lists are more likely than not going to remain secret; at least, not for long. I would bet that now that Metagame.com is done, we'll see a greater influx of tourney reports from these events on forums and sites like Pojo.com, and we will still be very sure of who and what is winning; we just won't have the graphic blow-by-blow as told by an unofficial Upperdeck representative. Which, with all due respect, I'll live without.

Metagame.com is over' date=' it is true. [b']Sure is.[/b]

And competitive play will continue, Not in North America it won't.

But champion deck lists are more likely than not going to remain secret. Not really, Europe still exists last time I checked, and they've got great players there.

I would bet that now that Metagame.com is done, we'll see a greater influx of tourney reports from these events on forums and sites like Pojo.com. lolpojo. I'd bet against you.

and we will still be very sure of who and what is winning; we just won't have the graphic blow-by-blow as told by an unofficial Upperdeck representative. Which, with all due respect, I'll live without. Protip: Konami already won.

I like that hussle.

not paying attention are we?

metagame.com is dead because of konamis fight with upperdeck.

theres still a meta, just no official tournys in north america.

... so maybe we dont really have a meta by definition

whatever

lightsworns

chaos (i refuse to call it twilight)

gbs

monarchs

gadgets

plants

etc...

the old school light n dark decks were called chaos because of the 3 monsters with chaos in their names

please tell me why we must call this mess twilight? is there some twilight card im unaware of?

i dont like the name twilight, because the book has more or less ruined it, and has associated it mentally in the my mind and im sure in the minds of many others with gay vampires. as i see no vampires, heterosexual or otherwise, in the "twilight" deck builds, this name is still inappropriate.

im even irritated by .hack and the twilight zone at this point for its use of the word "twilight"

light and dark do not make twilight. twilight is the brief time after the sun has set or before the sun has risen, where it is still light enough to see.

what does that have to do with this? because its between light and dark? no.

if you dont call it chaos, or it doesnt run chaos sorcerer, call it zen or something.

id say yin yang decks, but that sounds ugly, and its harder to say in conversation.

zen is simple and brings to mind the image of balance between light and dark.

or you could just go with chaos.

the old school light n dark decks were called chaos because of the 3 monsters with chaos in their names

please tell me why we must call this mess twilight? is there some twilight card im unaware of?

i dont like the name twilight' date=' because the book has more or less ruined it, and has associated it mentally in the my mind and im sure in the minds of many others with gay vampires. as i see no vampires, heterosexual or otherwise, in the "twilight" deck builds, this name is still inappropriate.

im even irritated by .hack and the twilight zone at this point for its use of the word "twilight"

light and dark do not make twilight. twilight is the brief time after the sun has set or before the sun has risen, where it is still light enough to see.

what does that have to do with this? because its between light and dark? no.

if you dont call it chaos, or it doesnt run chaos sorcerer, call it zen or something.

id say yin yang decks, but that sounds ugly, and its harder to say in conversation.

zen is simple and brings to mind the image of balance between light and dark.

or you could just go with chaos.

[/quote']

I agree that the Twilight books have given an odd meaning to the word.

However, what about something like Kingdom Heart's "Twilight Town"? One of the only places you can find Nobodies and standard combat. And nobodies can be viewed as doing good or bad deeds. (Killing heartless, although for selfish purposes.)

Thus, the name Twilight fits.

Also, the vastly differiant build from Chaos decks kind of ruins your idea...

well, twilight town was thematically a place between the light and the darkness, something of a neutral zone, so it does work there. but since lightsworn/dark decks arent really between light and dark, but rather running elements from both, it doesnt really fit.

there is, though, by definition, a balance between light and dark attributes in the deck concept, so calling it zen would fit pretty well.

Okay, I see your point now. Granted, Chaos still doesn't fit. But I suppose Zen kind of works.

The only problem is that most people wouldn't quite understand what you mean when you say "Zen" deck. As most people would think of Zen as meaning a state of peace.

well im sure theyll get it eventually, just like no one likely understood it immediately the first time someone called it twilight. maybe the first folks thought it meant the time between night and day, or maybe they had some associated images of .hack, kingdom hearts, the twilight zone, etc...

im gonna start a movement to have it renamed :P

One card does not make a deck.

what about Dark Armed Dragon? Or Demise?

And that's why Konami is not making any Monster cards that are like DAD or JD, bc it totally throws the game out of whack. Just look at Crimson Crisis. There is no 1 card that is like another DAD or JD. I think Konami is making a smart move on this.

Now a days, the game should be focused on the whole deck(s), not on 1 super-special-awesome Monster card that will make every other deck look like crap. Konami is trying to balance the gameplay so everyone has the same chance of winning as his opponent. When Tele-DAD was king, you would have no chance of winning in a tournament if your deck is not Tele-DAD material.

In this topic, Tronta insists on naming a deck after a single card that was just tossed in months after the deck was created that is not in the least central to the deck's overall strategy, and refuses to refer to it by the widely accepted name that has been in use since the deck's creation, derives directly from the name of the deck that DAD-Return dethroned, and describes the deck's overall composition.

In other words, Tronta is a stubborn moron. As usual.

When Tele-DAD was king' date=' you would have no chance of winning in a tournament if your deck is not Tele-DAD material.

[/quote']

O YEAH DUDE UR SO RIGHT! I mean Lightsworns, PFFFFFFFFFFFF, they sure never won any tournaments while DAD was "king"! I mean Tele-Dad was so good, that even if nobody ran a Tele Dad deck at a tournament, he still would have won right?

Archived