Headbanger's Hotel - Look behind you.

Who Were the Starters of Metal?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who Were the Starters of Metal?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. For the most part' date=' Older Music from Bands is better.

Best example is Metallica.

[/quote']

the truth to that is rehab ruins good bands, since james went to rehab metallica hasn't had the same feel, but their still awesome.

that doesnt always ruin the band...again Lamb of God the lead singer was a drunk, and now he is sober and I think he just got better...but honestly if you took away metallica's heavy rifts they wouldnt have been metal.

[/quote']

the truth to that is rehab ruins good bands, since james went to rehab metallica hasn't had the same feel, but their still awesome.

that doesnt always ruin the band...again Lamb of God the lead singer was a drunk, and now he is sober and I think he just got better...but honestly if you took away metallica's heavy rifts they wouldnt have been metal.

Metallica would still be metal no matter wat, taking away the heavy riffs

would make it regular rock but i dont see that happening

[/quote']

but isnt metal a mixture of heavy music and heavy singing?

[/quote']

but isnt metal a mixture of heavy music and heavy singing?

yes it is to an extent and james still has a primal voice

it just has a deep bass to it. Old Metallica is good and I do like them but I dont put them in metal more of Hard Rock. Here's a one of there songs and another band for you to compare.
[spoiler=Metallica for whom the bell tolls] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX-KjkdDozQ [/spoiler][spoiler=AMV of Devildriver End of the Line] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjux0LE40eg [/spoiler]

Devildriver is speed metal, not death metal....that would be more along the lines of Gwar or cradle of filth..Metal has evolved and thos that dont scream in it isnt really considered metal anymore...some of my fav songs are "Sad but True" and "Fuel" from Metallic, but I dont consider them metal, never have. I still think 1 of the best metal bands is Slipknot, but I dont like a lot of the lyrics in there songs these days. In the future Lamb of God and all the bands I consider heavy metal will be hard rock.lol.

Archived