The starwebs1 "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" Discussion

starwebs1

minus a heart? Why would you lose a life that way?

It's the same for Kid Link and Adult Link. If you get lost in the desert' date=' you get sent back to the beginning minus a heart. Don't get the logic behind it. Dehydration, perhaps.

Thanks. I cannot find the last carpenter.

Just be persistent. The Gerudo Fortress isn't that hard to find. If you run out of Arrows to stun the guards, use your Longshot to paralyze them and then use the sword to knock them out.

Does only the long shot work? Doesn't the short range one work too?

In the off-chance that you DON'T have the Longshot by the time you get to the Gerudo Fortress, it still works just the same. The Longshot just makes it so that the risk of getting caught is non-existent. Using the plain Hookshot runs a greater risk of getting caught due to the shorter range.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you have to draw a map when you played it the first time through? I didn't and it took me hours to get through it because I didn't know where I was going

When I first played, it only took me 20 minutes. (I got lost and found the last one on accident) I had to draw a map the second time I tried since I wanted to make it easier, but it didn't work so well. I just tried to remember which doors I had gone through already; that made it a bit easier.

Archived