The starwebs1 "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" Discussion

starwebs1

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh I see.

There were of course some things I didn't know when I was fighting Ganondorf during the initial stages when I played, mainly when he did the power up to fire multiple fireballs at you, I had to look online to know you can actually prevent that by shooting a light arrow at him during that time

For me that was the 2nd hardest boss for me to fight. During the first couple times I fought him' date=' I always had to use a fairy.

I can do it without the fairy now, but I still need all the hearts in the pillars.

[/quote']

Kinda wished that they gave more hearts available when you fought the boss inside Jabu Jabu. Barinade was a PAIN! It's in my Top 3 hardest boss fights:

1) Phantom Ganon (Forest Temple)

2) Iron Knuckle (Spirit Temple as Kid Link)

3) Barinade (Inside Jabu Jabu)

You didn't find Iron Knuckle harder as adult Link?

As kid Link I discovered you can just duck under the axe' date=' but you can't as adult Link

[/quote']

The Iron Knuckle as Adult Link was an utter joke with the Biggoron Sword. Just jump slash it repeatedly and backflip. It never stands a chance. Even without the Biggoron Sword, Adult Link has more reach with his Master Sword than Kid Link with the Kokiri Sword.

I'll have to look into that then. I never fought the Iron Knuckle with the Biggoron Sword before.

You ever try fighting it with the Megaton Hammer?

I rarely used the Megaton Hammer for fighting after Volvagia. It was a little too slow for my personal taste (even though doing the jump slash with it is the same speed as if you were doing it with your sword).

if you had looked VERY carefully if you use it against Ganondorf, you would be able to see that using the hammer to knock his trajectory back to him wasn't exactly the hammer that did it.

Look hard enough and you'll see the hammer never made contact with the fireball, which means the shockwaves from the hammer alone did it

if you had looked VERY carefully if you use it against Ganondorf' date=' you would be able to see that using the hammer to knock his trajectory back to him wasn't exactly the hammer that did it.

Look hard enough and you'll see the hammer never made contact with the fireball, which means the shockwaves from the hammer alone did it

[/quote']

That honestly doesn't surprise me considering the power and story behind that hammer. A fitting substitute when the Master Sword won't work (and you don't have the Biggoron Sword).

Makes me want to go back through the game and use nothing but the Megaton Hammer once I get it and see what happens...

Barinade was SOOO easy.

I thought Phantom Ganon was pretty easy too.

Iron Knuckle....Well' date=' haven't gotten that far in the game yet...

[/quote']

Barinade just got annoying after so long.

Phantom Ganon got tricky with the pictures, but he was easy after that.

Iron Knuckle.....make sure to bring as many Fairies as you can carry. You might need them.

Archived