[Discuss] Chain Material

*doesnt know if this card was discussed or not*

Dragoon D-End, Jumbo Drill, GaoGaiGar, Zero, or Electrum. Just pick one of them. I dont really care. Either way, It works.

[align=center]ChainMaterialPTDN-EN-SP.png

Any time you Fusion Summon a monster this turn' date=' you can remove from play from your side of the field, Deck, hand or Graveyard Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on the Fusion Monster Card, and use them as Fusion Material Monsters. You cannot attack during the turn this card is activated. If you used this effect for a Fusion Summon, the Summoned Fusion Monster is destroyed during the End Phase.[/quote'][/align]

I can see some noob-cake in Wc09 using this with Poly, To Fusion Summon a random Elemental Hero, Only to have it back-fire on him, Thinking he can attack with it.

Discuss

A somebody else already said, FGD + Catapult Turtle = win. In case you don't know what that combo is, it goes like this:

Requirements: Gilasaurus in hand or monster already on field, CT in hand, CM face-down, Fusion Gate in hand or field, at least 13 Dragons in hand, field, deck, and graveyard combined (you can always use the 1st FGD as Fusion Material for the 2nd, and the 2nd as Fusion Material for the 3rd), and 3 FGD in Extra Deck.

1. Special Summon Gilasaurus (skip this if you already have a monster on the field).

2. Tribute it for Catapult.

3. Activate Chain Material.

4. Activate Fusion Gate.

5. Activate Fusion Gate's effect, removing 5 Dragons from play to summon FGD (ATK 5000).

6. Tribute FGD to Catapult Turtle.

7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 two more times each.

8. Tribute Turtle (ATK 1000) for game.

2500 + 2500 + 2500 + 500 = 8000

Fusion Gate and Chain Material are pretty much destined to be together. I imagine that, if you have a lot of monsters removed from play, Electrum would be helpful in that situation, but otherwise not. I think Chain Material isn't that great of a card, but it makes great combos with other cards.

A somebody else already said' date=' FGD + Catapult Turtle = win. In case you don't know what that combo is, it goes like this:

Requirements: Gilasaurus in hand or monster already on field, CT in hand, CM face-down, Fusion Gate in hand or field, at least 13 Dragons in hand, field, deck, and graveyard combined (you can always use the 1st FGD as Fusion Material for the 2nd, and the 2nd as Fusion Material for the 3rd), and 3 FGD in Extra Deck.

1. Special Summon Gilasaurus (skip this if you already have a monster on the field).

4. Activate Fusion Gate.

5. Activate Fusion Gate's effect, removing 5 Dragons from play to summon FGD (ATK 5000).

Fusion Gate and Chain Material are pretty much destined to be together. I imagine that, if you have a lot of monsters removed from play, Electrum would be helpful in that situation, but otherwise not. I think Chain Material isn't that great of a card, but it makes great combos with other cards.

[/quote']

You can also use Dragon Master Knight in place of FGD and Black Luster Soldier + any Fusion substitute Monster in place of the 5 Dragons.

And yeah, Fusion Gate + Chain Material is awesome. Personally, the version with Destiny End Dragoon is the best out of all.

A somebody else already said' date=' FGD + Catapult Turtle = win. In case you don't know what that combo is, it goes like this:

4. Activate Fusion Gate.

[/quote']

wait, why not use electrum instead, his effect sends all the out of play monsters back into the deck(s).

oh, wait, yeah, he isn't removed from play, that would require another card.

unless this card has a ruling on the contact fusions for neos. you could just freely contact out of the deck with this, couldn't you? unless I misunderstand the rules of contact types.

[FGD + Catapult Turtle OTK]

You can also use Dragon Master Knight in place of FGD and Black Luster Soldier + any Fusion substitute Monster in place of the 5 Dragons.

And yeah' date=' Fusion Gate + Chain Material is awesome. Personally, the version with Destiny End Dragoon is the best out of all.

[/quote']

That's true, Judgment Dragon. I don't know a lot of people who use BLS, though. It would probably be easier to splash in the cards needed for the combo into a Dragon deck rather than BLS, but, then again, I'm not an expert.

This card was literally made for Destiny End Dragoon

Actually, Chain Material was introduced in Season 3 and released in Phantom Darkness. I think Destiny End Dragoon was introduced in Season 4 and released in Light of Destruction. Unless there is some confirmation on that Destiny End Dragoon was confirmed before Chain Material was thought of, then I don't think that this card was made for Destiny End Dragoon. I personally think it was just a coincidence that a card designed to make Destiny Heroes better had an awesome combo with Chain Material. It got more amazing when Crimson Crisis was released, like this:

Monster you can tribute + Nightmare Archfiends + Fusion Gate + Chain Material

That's just my opinion, though.

Fusion Gate + Chain Material [Any Hero + Any Water monster] --> Absolute Zero = Trib for anything + field nuke.

I can see it being used in PCM, where the Hero would be Malicious, the Water Treeborn Frog and the Trib, off course, a Monarch.

Or maybe even a Little City variant that runs a Water monster and needs tribs for E-Con or Barbaros. It's very sweet with E-Con btw, first stealing a monster and then nuking for a direct attack. Would make a nice finisher.

Gaia' date=' the Dragon Champion + Catapult Turtle, Destroys Castle of Dark Illusions

[/quote']

Fix'd

I lol'd.

Archived