How 2 Make a Dark Synchro using GIMP/MS Paint

For those of u who don't want to buy one/pay someone to do it, here's an easy way I tried recently.

NOTE: You need to have GIMP, MS Paint (programs) and Dark Synchro Stars to do it.

Here's what you do:

[spoiler=Steps]

1. Go locate your picture

2. Find it and save it to computer

3. Open this site up

4. Make your card (Name, Attribute, Level, ATK/DEF, rarity, etc.). Do not put picture in, you'll do it later. Any Level will do, you'll just black it out.

Settings should be Monster/Effect

In the Monster Type box, put your desired Type / Dark Synchro

Put the 1 non-Tuner + 1 Dark Tuner summon + the effect (don't forget to put the following before the card's effect

[spoiler=effect] In order to Special Summon this card, subtract the Level of a Dark Tuner monster from the Level of 1 other monster you control; the value must equal the Level of this card.

5. Save your card

YOU NEED GIMP FOR THIS NEXT PART.

1. Open GIMP

2. Find your saved card

3. Open it

4. Go to Colors and click Desaturize. Choose the top option, it makes it look similar to a real Dark Synchro

5. Save it

Now open Microsoft Paint if you have it:

1. Go to Edit/click "Paste from"

2. Paste card from there

3. Go to Edit/click "Paste from" to get the pic for card (I did say don't paste it until now)

4. Size your picture/render to make it fit on the card.

5. Now click the color option at bottom/choose a gray that will blend with the card's background

6. Choose the rectangle button/cover up the levels on the card

7. Now repeat step 1 and get your Dark Synchro Stars

8. Paste them on (be sure to position them correctly)

9. Repeat steps 7-8 until you have your desired level.

10. Save your card

11. You're done.

EXAMPLE:

ENSE2DemonicMonkeyKingZeman.jpg

-what your end product should look like...I made TCG English version of Monkey King Zeman just so you can see

You're welcome to post your results up/I can critique you on what to do if you think it's screwed up. I try to make it understandable, but hopefully this works out.

Enjoy, + reps appreciated :D

ok i have gimp i'll try if it works out for me i'll give you 2 reps

ok i done the part in the gimp but i'm stuck on the part were you go to paint first how do i put the picture in the card second how do i do the blue stars and 3 how do i send in pictures from my saved pictures

#1. First you should go to GIMP again and shrink it to about 200x200, then it'll work perfectly. Save that image

#2. Place the blue stars where the original ones are

#3. Go to Edit and select Paste From. Get the image you just shrunk down, you can edit the size to your liking when it's on the card.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific, but it's kinda hard to explain.

• 1 month later...

I created my own synchro monster card using some of your methods, but a lot of the things you said and did threw me off and messed me up a bit but I found a way to still make a dark synchro, even though it has many flaws such as it does not say dark synchro and some of the card coloring is off, but oh well, I would like an opinion on what I have done, as I said its not the best but here it is ^_^

Asutekku-1.jpg

• 8 months later...

Archived