• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What kind of test are you having?

[spoiler=Ok' date= I'll tell what's it's like to live here]

It's called Juken, (受験), a test that some of the "smarter kids" in Japan take to give themselves a better life. It's a test to go to good schools. Some REALLY good schools can make you pretty much "executive heads of corps" or "billionares". In my case, I am working to go to a school that puts power in writing stories, which I like as I dream to become a writer like JKR. You study from 4th grade (some people 3rd) to 6th grade at a special school that's afterschool (aka Juku), and Juke gives you loads-I MEAN loads-of homework. No wonder that a test I had took at the US said that I could beat 96% of the kids of the same age in the continent. Well, you get in one week:

Reading- Kangi studies, about 15 pages of "reading stories and answering hard questions", about 6 pages of "other things to study".

Math- 6 Pages of usual "mathmatic problems", 10 pages of Math that is approximately what Junior and High kids do at the US.

Science- about 40 things to memorize every week + 14 pages of work in total

Social Studies- same as Science, except that Science is easier; social studies teaches you about every single part of the Japanese goverment/poiltics to the point where most of the facts are things that "you don't use in life".

And think I'm 11 years old. And in summer, while all of you enjoy at the beach and play this all day long, I will have to do the homework all along instead. Same with almost every vacation till febuary. The world is h-e-double-hockey sticks.

Hope that helps why I can't come. (this is probably my last visit or something like that till Feb, which will be heaven then. )

Also, look at my reps, posts, cards... ultimatemaster, you're only 1 month older then me on this web and I'm like this compared to you because of my seriously limited time. Damn the person who thought up Juken first.

What kind of test are you having?

[spoiler=Ok' date= I'll tell what's it's like to live here]

It's called Juken, (受験), a test that some of the "smarter kids" in Japan take to give themselves a better life. It's a test to go to good schools. Some REALLY good schools can make you pretty much "executive heads of corps" or "billionares". In my case, I am working to go to a school that puts power in writing stories, which I like as I dream to become a writer like JKR. You study from 4th grade (some people 3rd) to 6th grade at a special school that's afterschool (aka Juku), and Juke gives you loads-I MEAN loads-of homework. No wonder that a test I had took at the US said that I could beat 96% of the kids of the same age in the continent. Well, you get in one week:

Reading- Kangi studies, about 15 pages of "reading stories and answering hard questions", about 6 pages of "other things to study".

Math- 6 Pages of usual "mathmatic problems", 10 pages of Math that is approximately what Junior and High kids do at the US.

Science- about 40 things to memorize every week + 14 pages of work in total

Social Studies- same as Science, except that Science is easier; social studies teaches you about every single part of the Japanese goverment/poiltics to the point where most of the facts are things that "you don't use in life".

And think I'm 11 years old. And in summer, while all of you enjoy at the beach and play this all day long, I will have to do the homework all along instead. Same with almost every vacation till febuary. The world is h-e-double-hockey sticks.

Hope that helps why I can't come. (this is probably my last visit or something like that till Feb, which will be heaven then. )

Also, look at my reps, posts, cards... ultimatemaster, you're only 1 month older then me on this web and I'm like this compared to you because of my seriously limited time. Damn the person who thought up Juken first.

Dude...that sux...

U have it way harder in school than anybody I know.

Um' date=' did you want 2 cards in EACH pack to be Skull Dice and winged Dragon or just 2 each.

(Final price will be figured out when I am finished)

[/quote']

I just wanted 1 of those out of all the packs:

Example

Cards i got from 3 mystery packs

Skull Dice

Winged Dragon of Ra

blah

blah

blah . . .

and so on

Archived