Brushfire

Who will your starter be.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will your starter be.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey i'm wondering if you can help me with a bit of a fix i'm in

I'm at the Eucryteak gym and i'm blowing through the trainers with the Kadabra i got from the Coin Game in Goldenthall City. And by now i'm thinking "Kadabra is a walking tank" since i'm just OHKO'ing every Pokemon in my way.

And then comes Morty. I blow his Gastly and Haunter away like the Big Bad Wolf from whatever that fairy tale is called. Then he sends out Gengar and he's level 25 so i just say "i'll be fine i guess." Then 1 minute later..."WTF just happened???"

His Gengar OHKO's my Kadabra with a super effective Shadow Ball before i let off one attack. He does the same on my Bayleaf (2 hits), my Onix(1 hit), and my Pidgetto (he uses Mean Look, Hypnosis, then Sucker Punches him.) Even when i make one attack, it is not very effective or does barely any damage.

I've tried other times but none of them were very different.

So what should i do?

My team:

Kadabra: lv. 18

-Telport

-Confusion

-Disable

Bayleaf: lv. 21

-Cut

-Flash

-Razor Leaf

-Synthesis

Onix: lv. 22

-Rock Throw

-I forgot

-Rock Smash

-Screech

Pidgetto: lv. 20

-Tackle -_-

-Sand Attack

-Gust

-Quick Attack

Thats it

And if you can give me some tips on how to train weaker Pokemon let me know. Do i just camp on Wild Pokemon or is there some way to battle trainers again?

Thanks in advance

Believe it or not, Kadabra is one of the worst options against Gengar.

Magnemite is a pretty good option due to it's Steel typing. Your own Sucker Puncher (if you can get one that early) is a good choice as well.

So like, get a Magnemite, a Sucker Puncher or get your Kadabra to Lv25+. Or evolve it.

Anyone have a Female Shiny Mightyena or Poochyena?

I can get you one' date=' but you'll have to wait awhile.

[/quote']

Thank you. I'll wait as long as is needed.

Eury's probably going to AR it (no offense), but if you want a legit one I can attempt.

But I make no promises because I cba to chain a Poochyena.

[/quote']

Eury's probably going to AR it (no offense), but if you want a legit one I can attempt.

WROOOOOOOOOOOONG

Imma Shark it on Emerald then migrate it.

[/quote']

WROOOOOOOOOOOONG

Can u do the same on a Male Koffing? Plz?

[/quote']

WROOOOOOOOOOOONG

Can u do the same on a Male Koffing? Plz?

i suppoz

It's gonna take awhile. I'm not that far in Emerald atm and I still need to get the Pal Park in HG.

My Heart Gold is haxed. I was battling Clair, and I froze both of her Dragonairs and her Kingdra with Politoed's Ice Beam. I felt like a complete dick. xD

Gyarados was OHKO'd by Ampharos' Discharge, both Dragonairs 2HKO'd by Politoed's Ice Beam, and Kingdra was KO'd by Jirachi's Draco Meteor. I switched Jirachi in after I froze Kingdra cause Politoed's Ice Beam didn't do crap to it. :/

My strategy in beating all the people in the game was wrong but this i what I did. I used the pokewalker during the time period that I was burning the pregnancy fat off to level up my pokemon. I had Yellow Forest pikachu, I had my Tododile, and a pidgey. I basically raised them super high.

I tried to avoid Non-Gym trainer battles in SS for some reason, which left my pokemon horribly under-leveled. I had to use the 999x all medicine code to get Rare Candies for leveling them up.

I'm playing HG right now, and I'm battling wild pokemon so I can level my Kadabra up. It's level 16, and I'm still at Goldenrod. I guess I'll also level up my Wi-Fi Jirachi and use it as a tank through most of the game.

My Heart Gold is haxed. I was battling Clair' date=' and I froze both of her Dragonairs and her Kingdra with Politoed's Ice Beam. I felt like a complete dick. xD

Gyarados was OHKO'd by Ampharos' Discharge, both Dragonairs 2HKO'd by Politoed's Ice Beam, and Kingdra was KO'd by Jirachi's Draco Meteor. I switched Jirachi in after I froze Kingdra cause Politoed's Ice Beam didn't do crap to it. :/

[/quote']

Triple freeze? That's a one in one thousand chance, if I did my math correctly, which I did.

I've had a bit more probable hax. Air Slash missing twice is a 1/400 chance. Stone Edge missing four times in a row is a 1/625 chance. I've had some other hax, but none amazingly low in chance. Just very game-breaking, like burning a Metagross, or paralyzing a Salamence.

My Heart Gold is haxed. I was battling Clair' date=' and I froze both of her Dragonairs and her Kingdra with Politoed's Ice Beam. I felt like a complete dick. xD

[/quote']

Triple freeze? That's a one in one thousand chance, if I did my math correctly, which I did.

I know, I did the math too. I did it twice to make sure. I was like, "da fuk."

Politoed was extremely lucky or his Ice Beam was haxed.

Believe it or not' date=' Kadabra is one of the worst options against Gengar.

Magnemite is a pretty good option due to it's Steel typing. Your own Sucker Puncher (if you can get one that early) is a good choice as well.

So like, get a Magnemite, a Sucker Puncher or get your Kadabra to Lv25+. Or evolve it.

[/quote']

Ok, but where do i get Magnemite? I've got Soul Silver not Heart Gold

Believe it or not' date=' Kadabra is one of the worst options against Gengar.

[/quote']

Ok, but where do i get Magnemite? I've got Soul Silver not Heart Gold

Magnemite is west of Ecruteak.

I made it to 68 in the Battle Tower without using WonderTomb. But that is considering I don't have my real Battle Tower team and was using three random EVs. So it was a bullshit run, but I got fairly far. Now I can either WonderTomb a 100-win streak or bring my team over from Diamond and see if I can beat my old record of 143.

I'm getting Wondertomb in my SS right now. I'm going to pwn my friends over Wi-Fi with Wonderomb. Well' date=' their games are hacked.

[/quote']

There was actually a website devoted to competitive battling with hacked Pokemon. Normal Clauses still existed, max 1020 EVs, any moveset and any nature but your team could only have one Pokemon with Wonder Guard and one with Pure/Huge Power.

It sounded like a fun metagame, but no simulators existed, so it kind of died out. But basically, the main counter to WonderTomb was either Pure Power Regigigas with Fire Fang or Pure Power Ho-oh with Fire Fang, but the latter was usually shunned because it wanted its STAB in Sacred Fire.

Also, because you could max out four stats, things like Arceus became extremely popular. 252 HP, 252 ATK, 252 DEF and 252 SpD. It won't die to anything, it has Recover, and can spam Swords Dance and something else. That was fixed when you had Pure Power Fighting STABs, but because Arceus could hold plates, it was a real bitch.

Where was I going with this post?

Archived