Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Thread

Brushfire

Who will your starter be.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will your starter be.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well' date=' considering the fact that I can only use 5 of my team, And i only have Dragonite as a Defense against Teh Atrakt Hax, It's somewhat challenging.

Also, i love using Taunt on Delcatty.

Its so lulz.

[/quote']

You're not Taunting Miltank why?

Woah, I got through the sixteenth gym at exactly 48:00... I feel like I've been playing this game a lot (I got it on the fourth of July)

Also, I'm trying to form a "Strike Fast, Strike Hard" team

The strategy is that I have high attack/high speed pokemon, and want to use the following:

Typhlosion

Vaporeon

Weevile

Amphros

Tyranitar

Pidgeot

Any ideas on move lists?

I would battle you, but pretty much only if you'd be prepared to go along with Standard Meta rules. You should ask that on the Official Pokemon thread, fyi.

Woah' date=' I got through the sixteenth gym at exactly 48:00... I feel like I've been playing this game a lot (I got it on the fourth of July)

[hr']

Also, I'm trying to form a "Strike Fast, Strike Hard" team

The strategy is that I have high attack/high speed pokemon, and want to use the following:

Typhlosion

Vaporeon

Weevile

Amphros

Tyranitar

Pidgeot

Any ideas on move lists?

That's called Pure Offensive and you're doing it wrong. Don't use Pigeot or Ampharos, Vaporeon doesn't belong in pure offense.

I would battle you' date=' but pretty much only if you'd be prepared to go along with Standard Meta rules. You should ask that on the Official Pokemon thread, fyi.

[/quote']

Sure I'll battle you. But do you have any 50-60's because thats the best pokemon I've got.

Typhlosion

Vaporeon

Weevile

Amphros

Tyranitar

Pidgeot

Typhlosion is a bad Fire-type; Infernape works better on offensive teams to break most types of stall.

Vaporeon is a no for offensive. Unless you are running SpecsVap, which sucks worse than-

Weavile is useless since Mence is gone. I'd suggest something else for this slot entirely. What that is, I don't know. Depending on what your finalized five-member team is.

Ampharos is a horrible standard Electric-type. Use something like Jolteon if you want an Electric-type, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Tyranitar is fine, just make sure that your team won't die via SR + LO + Sandstorm.

Pidgeot is just fail.

If you are running Tyranitar, it wouldn't kill you to have one wall (that needs to double up as an attacker, ofc) that can use Wish, since residual damage will wear you down.

I still have a spot left in my team, and I can't decide which one I should choose. Should I use Koffing, Drowzee or Miltank?

And should I use Gyarados over Tentacruel? Gyarados has some godly stats, but most of its movesets that he learns by leveling is horrible. Nevermind, Gyarados can still learn Ice Fang, Waterfall and Earthquake before the game ends

I'm planning on doing a Water monotype run in HG once I get my R4. Here's my planned team. :3

Feraligatr

Lanturn

Kingler

Lapras

Seaking

Gyarados

I'm not using Quagsire cause his level up moveset is horrid...

Replace Lanturn with a Tentacruel. The stats on Laturn that are not named HP are horrible and Tentacruel has more restistance and is faster then Laturn, plus it gets a stab of Sludge Bomb and can easily face Grass Pokemon without a change of getting raped by it, due it's high Sp. Def. and and Grass attacks aren't super effective against it.

Archived