Official Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Thread

Brushfire

Who will your starter be.  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will your starter be.

[align=center]g090508_01-pic01.jpg

Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver are enhanced remakes of Pokémon Gold and Silver for the Nintendo DS being developed by Game Freak.

Release Dates:

IT'S OUT

With the game now out in Japan it's time to make this thread your one stop shop for all your info on the game. I have things to do so this will be updated when I am most able.

[spoiler=Main Battles]

With that though I am please to share the 8 gyms.

1zclfgp.jpg

And the E4

281g2du.jpg

And the last group is the Kanto gyms.

10geix3.jpg

Now the rematches.

Johto Gyms.

34imfee.jpg

E4

vqpshz.jpg

Kanto

s4rrr7.jpg

Red & Silver/Gold/Heart/Soul/Rival

vd01t1.jpg

2v29uhe.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came too

This will be epic' date=' will it not?

[/quote']

I'm hoping so, especially considering a DS Cartridge can hold a lot more then a GBA Cartridge, meaning this will not only be a much bigger update then FireRed & LeafGreen but we'll have LOADS more new features and places, plus the new Kanto to explore. =D

I expect new formes.

And more looker.

...?

New formes? You mean' date=' um, evolve forms? :\

More looker? Strange strange terms and more making sense please.

[/quote']

Alternate Formes, like Giratina Origin Forme and Shaymin Sky Forme. Yes, they do have an e in them. Dunno why.

And by Looker, I mean Handsome, the International Police Detective from platinum.

It was obvious that after Platinum (and Arceus =O), they could not make a 5th generation. Too obvious. If you did not know that, go suicide because you are an idiot. Seriously, Arceus is God. What comes after God, except maybe the Devil? But Darkrai/Giratina cover that. So just suicide, you idiot. No 5th gen.

It was also obvious that Gold/Silver remakes were in the horizon. I, for one, am happy.

Alternate Formes' date=' like Giratina Origin Forme and Shaymin Sky Forme. Yes, they do have an e in them. Dunno why.

And by Looker, I mean Handsome, the [b']International[/b] Police Detective from platinum.

Oh, I'm not hoping for more Formes. The whole idea was stupid and pointless in the first place imo.

And lolz, they could leave him out but it would be cool if he were in. :P

It was obvious that after Platinum (and Arceus =O)' date=' they could not make a 5th generation. Too obvious. If you did not know that, go suicide because you are an idiot. Seriously, Arceus is God. What comes after God, except maybe the Devil? But Darkrai/Giratina cover that. So just suicide, you idiot. No 5th gen.

It was also obvious that Gold/Silver remakes were in the horizon. I, for one, am happy.

[/quote']

I wasn't expecting the 5th Gen- I thought that this would be coming but it was like a dream, and now it's come true! =D

More info coming on Sunday so this thread can remain open. >.>

Formes have potential. Like' date=' say, trade something to HG and SS and it gets boosted stats and a new Forme. It's a way to add new pokemon without having to edit the dex.

This way, all pokemon are tradeable and able to battle on Wi-Fi.

[/quote']

Read Dark's reply.

Three words' date=' my friends.

OMGWTFBBQ

[/quote']

Agreed.

One problem with new formes is that only HG and SS will be able to process them' date=' which means trading over to DPPt won't work, and we will have to develop a whole new metagame for HG and SS.

[/quote']

Yeah, that's what I thought. It won't be in the D/P/Pt ROM so it won't work. D:

Or, it will and just will show up as the normal version of the Pokemon.

I just thought of loads more stuff to discuss about:

-Kanto's "revamp", improvements?

-Gym revamps.

-Animations, like Clair whipping her hair.

-Mt. Silver. =o

One problem with new formes is that only HG and SS will be able to process them' date=' which means trading over to DPPt won't work, and we will have to develop a whole new metagame for HG and SS.

[/quote']

Exactly why we cant have new pokemon.

EDIT: I'm thinking an expansion of the kanto region would be nice.

Now watch' date=' Lugia has a [awesome word here'] forme, which turns it into a Ghost/Flying

I wouldn't be surprised, but I admit that would be pretty cool... wonder what Ho-Oh's would be... =P

Oh god. I think I peed my pants. What if in Heart Gold & Soul Silver' date=' you get to go to Kanto, Hoenn, Johto[s'] & Sinnoh?[/s] I bet that would be awesome!

Doubtful and pointless.

If anything, you'll be going to the Orange Islands.

Can't wait for this game to come out. Right now I want to find out what 3rd and 4th gen pokemon will end up in here. Also io can't wait to see how this changes the meta.

Also why did they pick Heart? It should have been something starting with G, so we could have gg.

Meh it still sounds cool when you put them together, Heart and Soul.

Oh god. I think I peed my pants. What if in Heart Gold & Soul Silver' date=' you get to go to Kanto, Hoenn & Sinnoh? I bet that would be awesome!

[/quote']

That would be amazing.

Too bad there probably isn't enough space.

Why would I want to go to Sinnoh? >.>

Also, we all know that after 5th Gen. there will be a Ruby/Sapphire remake so they won't do it. xD

Platinum AND this?

YES! =D

Screw Platinum- the games haven't been anywhere near as good since Crystal and now here comes the remake! =D

I know. :) They'll probraly improve the sprites in Gold and Silver.

Obviously. xD

Everything is going to be revamped. Man' date=' I can't wait to see the new tiles. <3

Can't wait for this game to come out. Right now I want to find out what 3rd and 4th gen pokemon will end up in here. Also io can't wait to see how this changes the meta.

Probably not by too much, though it might a bit.

Also why did they pick Heart? It should have been something starting with G, so we could have gg.

I think it's a reference to Ho-Oh... I'm not really sure. They trademarked the names DuskGold and DawnSilver but meh. :\

Meh it still sounds cool when you put them together, Heart and Soul.

Yeah, it does.

Thanks for the unlock, I think I'll fix my first post up a little now and start using it as a news archive every time we get some.

Probably not by too much' date=' though it might a bit.[/b']

You never know. The main reason why I think things can change so much is because of the moves. Just look at Platinum. The new moves pokemon go really changed up the meta.

Meh it still sounds cool when you put them together' date=' Heart and Soul.

[/quote']

Yeah, it does.

Thanks for the unlock, I think I'll fix my first post up a little now and start using it as a news archive every time we get some.

No prob. I shouldn't have been so hasty in locking it. I just hope you saw what I was thinking when I did lock it.

Yea that would be good.

So any guesses on the news we'll get from pokemon sunday. I say it will just be them saying that the games are coming out.

You never know. The main reason why I think things can change so much is because of the moves. Just look at Platinum. The new moves pokemon go really changed up the meta.

Didn't really think of that- fair point. I hope there won't be too much of a change though' date=' I like the current meta lol.

No prob. I shouldn't have been so hasty in locking it. I just hope you saw what I was thinking when I did lock it.

Yea that would be good.

So any guesses on the news we'll get from pokemon sunday. I say it will just be them saying that the games are coming out.

Hasty isn't quite the word.

Alright, I'll get on it in a sec.

Probably, but I'm pushing myself to believe that there will be more. Hopefully at least a little run-through of a few new depth features- there should definitely be Screenshots and some Features this month though. =D

Archived