Why do people hate Vanillas?

Shadowwolf17

Question

I actually must defend the forgotten monsters. It was because of Gene-Warped Warwolf that broke that "Whoever summoned out Gemini Elf first won" days of beat sticks. Although near the time of Cybernetic Revolution with people running those Limiter Machines, Normal were made just for fillings. But knowing this, people can make high stat monsters knowing that "Now and Days" that Effect Monsters rule and the line of Over Power is thinning at a more alarming rate, although I enjoy some of the originality that Ancient Prophecy is bringing.

It is just amongst the community that Normals are rejected :(. I would like to see the return of Normal Based decks. Then we will see who will be the "forgotten type." :P.

......I think its because when ever anyone makes a Vanilla' date=' they do at least 1 of the following:

1- Leave the background blank

2- Make it have a high level with like 500ATK

3- They slapped it together with thare favorite charactor on it, and its text is: "its a warior dat doez stuf"

[/quote']

^its not a warrior, its a DRAGON!!! lmao!!!^

normals have no originality what so ever. anyone can slap a normal together in less than 20 seconds.

I don't have anything against a vanilla that is done well. That is exactly the problem, though. If it isn't horrible grammar, its a pop culture character whose bio they pasted off of wikipedia. That's why everyone complains there is no originality to it.

There can actually be a good deal of originality done, making an interesting backstory to a card...

If anyone could manage it.

Archived